• Tweets

• Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I have worked out my charges etc using the complex charges excel spreadsheet calc from this forum (thanks!) If I'm understanding this correcty this just adds all my charges & calculates the actual interest I've been charged on them each month?

Anyway, my question is that the amount I'm owed is MORE than I owe them on my overdraft. It is an account I haven't used for ages & I just pay in a bit of money to try & bring down the amount as & when I can and for this I incure a small interest charge each month - should I be claiming back any of this interest as basically they owe me more than I owe so therefore why should I pay interest on them borrowing my money?

What do I do? Does this make sense? :confused:

Thanks in advance

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Q .... My hubby is very sceptical that we will actually get this money back - he fails to see how/why etc they will send us a cq for this money when we owe them money & have a credit card with them too (not checked charges on that yet!) and at the moment we are really struggling to pay so have enlisted the help of the CCCS who are working out a debt management plan for us. We aren't meeting the monthly payments & CCCS will be making a small offer per month as part of the plan.

Can anyone reassure me that this is still worth doing & will we be successfull despite of this?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

You are entitled to claim back any unfair charges plus any interest you have accrued as a result of these charges also if you go to court you can also claim your 8% interest on top of your claim.

Of course you will get your money back it will just take some patience, the ability to copy some letters and the purchase of a few stamps and maybe a visit to the court to collect some papers.....but don't worry about that yet, lets cross that bridge when we come to it!

I'm afraid i don't know what/who CCCS is so I can't advise on if this will make any difference to your claim.....but I can't see how it would, it's your money your entitled to claim it back.

GO FOR IT......keep us posted how its going

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

Hi Chezt,

A few points for you.

1. Reclaiming the interest on your overdraft. There are many different ideas on what interest rate to charge, and when to charge from etc, but if your are owed more than you owe them, and you haven't been using the account, you certainly have a good case for claiming back interest.

2. Tell Mr Hubby that you will get your money back. It's just a matter of patience.

3. I would suggest that when you send off your initial request for repayment you ask the bank to freeze the interest on the overdraft, as you are now effectively disputing that you owe them this money.

4. Assuming CCCS is a debt management company, I strongly advise against using them. I have no personal experience, but from just about everything I've read they are not worth what you pay for, and don't do much to help your credit rating. I suggest instead going to the CAB who will effectively give you the same (if not better) service, and won't charge a penny. I know these companies can be tempting when you're desperate, but have a read around on this forum and I'm sure you'll see it's not a good solution.

Hope this helps!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

edinburghbeerbucket :D

Hi Chezt,

A few points for you.

1. Reclaiming the interest on your overdraft. There are many different ideas on what interest rate to charge, and when to charge from etc, but if your are owed more than you owe them, and you haven't been using the account, you certainly have a good case for claiming back interest.

2. Tell Mr Hubby that you will get your money back. It's just a matter of patience.

3. I would suggest that when you send off your initial request for repayment you ask the bank to freeze the interest on the overdraft, as you are now effectively disputing that you owe them this money.

4. Assuming CCCS is a debt management company, I strongly advise against using them. I have no personal experience, but from just about everything I've read they are not worth what you pay for, and don't do much to help your credit rating. I suggest instead going to the CAB who will effectively give you the same (if not better) service, and won't charge a penny. I know these companies can be tempting when you're desperate, but have a read around on this forum and I'm sure you'll see it's not a good solution.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply - CCCS is the consumer credit counselling service and it is a registered charity - all their help is free of charge - I got their details from the Trever McDonald Tonight program on ITV. I'm sure they are legit & I've read of other people using them on here.

I like your idea of telling them to freeze the interest - I will add that into my initial letter - thanks for that idea! Do you think I should calculate the interest charged on the amount from when the balance reached the point where they owe me more?? Should I perhaps save the claim for this interest once I've won back the charges?

Lol @ 'Mr Hubby' - I'm sure Mr Hubby won't be a sceptical WHEN we get our cheques & can pay off some debts eh! ;)

Thanks Muchly!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

You are entitled to claim back any unfair charges plus any interest you have accrued as a result of these charges also if you go to court you can also claim your 8% interest on top of your claim.

Of course you will get your money back it will just take some patience, the ability to copy some letters and the purchase of a few stamps and maybe a visit to the court to collect some papers.....but don't worry about that yet, lets cross that bridge when we come to it!

I'm afraid i don't know what/who CCCS is so I can't advise on if this will make any difference to your claim.....but I can't see how it would, it's your money your entitled to claim it back.

GO FOR IT......keep us posted how its going

Thank you for your words of encouragement - I have a lot to go at & know it's gonna be a lot of time & effort but from reading on here I'm convinced it'll all be worth it in the end - just need to convince hubby .. roll on the 1st payout cheque - that hould help!

CCCS is the consumer credit councelling service who are a registered charity & help with debt problems free of charge.

Thanks again for your post - much appreciated :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Do you think I should calculate the interest charged on the amount from when the balance reached the point where they owe me more?? Should I perhaps save the claim for this interest once I've won back the charges?

Like I said, there are many different ways of deciding how much interest to charge and from what point. I recently read a thread where there was a hearing and the judge agreed with the defence's solicitor saying that you aren't deprived of the money until you repay it (link anyone?). So basically, if you can think of a reasonable way to justify the amount of interest you apply to the bank's charges, and you think it has reasonable grounds, go for it. Sounds like you have the right kind of idea.

I also think claiming for the interest in a seperate action has its advantages, particularly in that the issue of the charges being unlawful has already been cleared up. It does, however present a couple of problems:

1. The inconvenience.

2. The banks may be keen to set a precedent that it's not reasonable for one to charge interest on the charges they've applied. We've already seen a hint of this in the post I mentioned. But that said, they're unlikely to want to get tied up in fighting with you in the first instance.

Overall, it might be worth taking the view that they're likely to settle the full claim for charges+interest, but it might p**s them off a bit when they think they've finished with you and then you whack them with a new bill for interest!

edinburghbeerbucket :D

Like I said, there are many different ways of deciding how much interest to charge and from what point. I recently read a thread where there was a hearing and the judge agreed with the defence's solicitor saying that you aren't deprived of the money until you repay it (link anyone?). So basically, if you can think of a reasonable way to justify the amount of interest you apply to the bank's charges, and you think it has reasonable grounds, go for it. Sounds like you have the right kind of idea.

I also think claiming for the interest in a seperate action has its advantages, particularly in that the issue of the charges being unlawful has already been cleared up. It does, however present a couple of problems:

1. The inconvenience.

2. The banks may be keen to set a precedent that it's not reasonable for one to charge interest on the charges they've applied. We've already seen a hint of this in the post I mentioned. But that said, they're unlikely to want to get tied up in fighting with you in the first instance.

Overall, it might be worth taking the view that they're likely to settle the full claim for charges+interest, but it might p**s them off a bit when they think they've finished with you and then you whack them with a new bill for interest!

OK so if 'it might p**s them off a bit' then that's wot I'll do eh?? :lol:

Only kiddin - had a rethink ... if I claim for contractual compound interest will this account for the interest that has been adding to my account since it reached the 'They owe me more thatn I owe them' stage???

Can't get me head round it .... HELP! :confused:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Still thinkin :cool: .... Or should I just mention it separately in my claim ...?? :confused:

Any help/suggestions greatly received!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

if I claim for contractual compound interest will this account for the interest that has been adding to my account since it reached the 'They owe me more than I owe them' stage???

Can't get me head round it .... HELP! :confused:

Any input anyone?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Bit unsure exactly what you mean here...........can you elaborate a bit?

Darren :p

BOS - WON - £5.6k

------------------------------------------------

Virgin Mastercard - WON - £300

Barclaycard - WON - £200

Lloyds - WON - £1.6k

Bit unsure exactly what you mean here...........can you elaborate a bit?

This is an account I don't use now but am still in overdraft (I pay in occasionally to try & bring the amount down) - the amount I am going to claim back in charges is MORE than I owe on the overdraft. I get charged interest monthly so basically they are charging me money on what I owe them but they owe me more!

Does this make sense? Not always easy to explain wot u mean in type!

I was basically wondering how I can claim the overdraft interest too IYKWIM?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I know exactly what you mean as I am in exactly the same position! As far as I can tell, it doesn't matter if the charges you are claiming are more that the overdrawn balance. Whether you use the account or not. The one thing I am doing tho is making sure that I put a bit of money into it whenever I can so they can't bite back and default me for the overdrawn balance.

Hope this helps you.............

BOS - WON - £5.6k

Barclaycard - WON - £200

Lloyds - WON - £1.6k

WOW quick reply!

I was wondering if by claiming compound contractual interest if this would actually account for the interest on the o/d balance made purely of charges (well technically) but can't seem to get my head round it ....

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

I think thats the jist of it. You wouldn't have paid the interest on your o/d if they hadn't charged you. And you can claim it back altho I think it can be tricky to work out like you said.

Personally, I'm claiming 18.9% on all my charges. At the end of the day thats what they charge me for borrowing and if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Some people are actually claiming at almost 30%, the unauthorised borrowing rate if you read around..........

I'm just wary of pushing my luck!!

BOS - WON - £5.6k

Barclaycard - WON - £200

Lloyds - WON - £1.6k

Dazza, you have got it exactly right, including the possibility of charging approx 29% interest (unauthorised borrowing).

One thing to remember, if claiming contractual rate, declare this from the outset (ie prelim stage).

J

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

One thing to remember, if claiming contractual rate, declare this from the outset (ie prelim stage).

J

Does this mean I have to send another prelim then?? I've now worked out how to calculate compound contract interest & want to claim it - Can I not just mention the amendment in my LBA?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

i think you will need to reissue your first letter. however this just means an extra sixteen days so not to much lost and you can charge interest on those sixteen days anyway. quite a nice savings scheme? dont know any savings accounts that pay that kind of interest. ps. tell mr hubby that my mr hubby is eating his words after my first cheque fell through letterbox this morning hehehehe

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

i think you will need to reissue your first letter. however this just means an extra sixteen days so not to much lost and you can charge interest on those sixteen days anyway. quite a nice savings scheme? dont know any savings accounts that pay that kind of interest. ps. tell mr hubby that my mr hubby is eating his words after my first cheque fell through letterbox this morning hehehehe

Bugga I was hoping not to have to do that ... been tryna find wot everyone else did n I' found that MINDZAI issued an LBA with amended claim details - I may re-issue Yorkshire bank prelim & just send amended studio LBA as they haven't even replied!

Anyway, Congratulations on your cheque - that's just brill! Which claim have u won ?

Hoping my Mr Hubby will soon have some words of his own to eat then eh? (BIG ONES!) :lol:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

i won the second one listed on my signature against the bank of scotland. my hubby could finish eating all his words for dinner so he had to take some with him to work for lunch hahahahaha lol.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

lol - I'll have to remember that line to use with my my hubby!

Good luck with your other claim then - presumably you will have no problem with it as they are both BOS!

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help again please - Getting ready to claim back bank acc charges & finishing my spreadsheet - i've entered all charges & interest & have continued to list the interest charges up to the current rate as I 'think!' that this will bring into my claim the fact that RBS actually owe me more than I owe them - therefore taking account of my claiming back the interest I'm being charged each month on my overdraft which wouldn't be there if I didn't have charges ... does this make sense - Does anyone see why this is not ok?

Comments Ppppeeerrrrllleeeeeease! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Need some help again please - Getting ready to claim back bank acc charges & finishing my spreadsheet - i've entered all charges & interest & have continued to list the interest charges up to the current rate as I 'think!' that this will bring into my claim the fact that RBS actually owe me more than I owe them - therefore taking account of my claiming back the interest I'm being charged each month on my overdraft which wouldn't be there if I didn't have charges ... does this make sense - Does anyone see why this is not ok?

Comments Ppppeeerrrrllleeeeeease! :)

Getting ready now to start my claim - does anyone have any comments as to my theory on interest?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Guest Mumofthreeboys

You are perfectly entitled to claim back the interest you have incurred as a direct result of their charges - is that what you meant?

You are perfectly entitled to claim back the interest you have incurred as a direct result of their charges - is that what you meant?

Sort of - I've already calculated the interest each month as n when the charges were added - My Q is more that I don't really use this a/c now - just pay in a bit of dosh every now n then to try n reduce the overdraft - I'm obviously still payng interest each month on the overdrawn balance & my claim for charges is MORE than my overdraft so they owe me more than I owe them.

i don't wanna just claim back the charges + interest I wanna also include the extra interest added each month since up to the current date.

Wot I've done is added a line onto the spreadsheet for each month with the interest charged details on to try & account for claiming this back but there are no more charges to add alongside

Does this make sense - it's reall hard to explain in type! :confused:

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...