Natwest retail

Corrections34
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have had a letter from wescot today chasing a debt from Natwest Retail. The balance is £318.99 Im guessing it was a joint bank account my ex and I had some years ago, possibly 4 or 5 years. If it is a bank account should I do a CCA request to wescot and maybe a SAR to Natwest?

Please help

Hi, NO a bank account does not have a CCA 1974 agreement as it is not a form of credit, so no point in a CCA request.

A SAR will produce all the data on the account, but if this is a joint account the data you will receive from a SAR will be

restricted to data strictly referring to you only.

I would suggest the following letter to Wescot.

The Compliance Manager

Wescot Credit Services.

Ref: Use theirs:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer to a letter from Wescot date xx xx xxxx in which it is alleged that I owe a debt for £318.89 originating from and an account with Nat West, please not I have no knowledge of and do not accept any liability for this alleged debt.

Therefore Wescot Credit Services Ltd., must within 7 days provide unequivocal proof that I am the debtor it seeks, if such information in not forthcoming I will consider

the matter closed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks Brig

Ill give that a go

Good luck.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi all

Had a response from Wescot with regard to my prove it letter. They are asking for me to confirm my date of birth. The last address I lived with my ex and date vacated.

How should I play this one?

Often tempted when Wescot ask this to suggest reply I don't need to confirm my DOB as I already know it, thank you for your inquiry.

To reply normally I would state that if Wescot have been writing/calling they must already know who you are, and tell them that requiring such proof of identity is in breach of OFT Guidance on Debt Collection as it is entirely for them to prove you are the debtor (alleged) that they seek.

It is of course your choice of how you reply, my guess is they are using CRA tracing searches to confirm your ID.

Hi brig

Thanks again. Do you think this letter is appropriate?

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Absolutely fine, just add as the last line:

This letter is NOT an admission of any liability to xxxxxxxx or any company it may claim to represent.

Don't want Wetcloths claiming it's an acknowledgment at a later date.:wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

After sending a prove it emai to Wescot on 20/07/2013 I have heard nothing until today. A letter from Wescot saying their client has offered a discount. They do not state what or how much the discount is. It just asked me to call them within 10 days or the offer will be withdrawn and they will commence further collection activities. This account is in formal dispute. They have not replied to my prove it email. I have sent the email again but am not expecting a reply. What action should I take now if any. Thanks

• 3 years later...