Capital one PPI - refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have read a few posts with people having trouble with Capital one not refunding PPI, but the ones with the same scenario as us are from a few years ago..

My husband took out a credit card with Capital one in 2007.

on the form he did not tick the PPI box,

We have a copy of this which they kindly (!) sent us with the rejection letter.

They say that when he phoned to activate the card the member of staff offered it then and he accepted.

Now obviously we dont remember him being asked this.

He was working in the same place as he is now which pays good sick and redundancy pay so we dont think he would have said yes to PPI.

Is it worth writing to ask for proof or better just to SAR Capital one for all documentation/transcript of telephone call?

If anyone has had the same problem, can you advise the outcome for you?

Thank you.

If you have not yet done a SAR to Cap1 then that should be thing to do now.

Make sure in your SAR letter you ask specifically for the copy of the phone call. They always try this one so it is nothing new.

Thanks Ims21.

Im really lazy so was hoping that they would have been nice to us and instantly said Yes, you were right!

Lets hope the others come back with a better reply! Though from reading some of these posts, it doesnt look like it!

Thank you

yes std trick letter

there was a 'sticker [white]

on the card

and you didn't actually need to do it

the card worked anyway.

just keep asking them for PROOF of the transcript of the call.

COMMS log notes do NOT count.

they'll try that too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is up to them to prove it and I very much doubt that they still have the recording. Write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR - they are very aware that Capital One and Lloyds Bank have been rejecting claims as a matter of course at first contact.

Thanks dx.

I think Ill send letter first in response to theirs, saying thanks for copy of application but can I have transcript of the call as Proof.

If that fails then I'll SAR.

Its a plan of sorts..

Cath

PS I didnt know that the card worked without you ringing to activate! They must see me coming a mile off!! LOL

I wouldn't get fos involved yet.

You stand the chance of opening a formal complaint about the PPI claim in general an you might get tied up for months and months waiting for them to resolve it.

Always challenge these things with the lender first. That way you build a bigger and stronger case if and when a referral to fos is necessary.

Don't forget, there are many threads on here where lenders have "changed their minds" when claimants stand up to them.

• 3 years later...

Did you get anywhere with Capital one? I had the same issue where I apparently agreed to PPI when I activated my card however capital 1 has also stated that they could not locate the phone conversation so how can they prove my PPI was not mis-sold to me? does anyone have any advice on how I should deal with this?

Did you get anywhere with Capital one? I had the same issue where I apparently agreed to PPI when I activated my card however capital 1 has also stated that they could not locate the phone conversation so how can they prove my PPI was not mis-sold to me? does anyone have any advice on how I should deal with this?

Hello sisi. The OP hasn't been back since June 2013 so you're unlikely to get an answer. You have your own thread now, please post on that.

Thread closed, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks