style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

has anyone heard of this company?They manage the estate where I live, tidy up the gardens, not front gardens, but communal areas, pick up rubbish out the car park etc.I got a letter off them today because I haven't paid my £42 estate charge, so they have added a £21 admin fee as the cost of writing to me over it. I think this is extortionate.

The reason I haven't paid is that the terms and conditions on the back of their paperwork refer to tenants and lease holders, of which I am neither, so I wrote and asked them for a copy of homeowners terms and conditions, which haven't been forthcoming.

ThankS

Mike

• 6 months later...

Hi Mike

I have just bought a freehold house with its own drive and garage and have been charged £148 when we completed the sale last month supposedly to maintain the "green areas" on the development not adopted by the local authority.

If you google Chamonix estates you will see a number of residents that have successfully challenged their outrages charges, I have dealt with this company in the past in the industry I worked in and they do not do a very good job of maintaining the properties or areas that they supposedly are paid to care for.

Had I been made aware that this was the company that David Wilson Homes had contracted I would probably have not have bought the house. I now intend to engage with them to get a complete breakdown of their charges and challenge them every inch of the way!

Mark

I think it could be argued that you are a tenant of the estate. These charges are common for leasehold properties and even in some freehold properties, with lh you at least have a lot of legal protection but with fh estate charges, a lot less and it is purely contractual.

Worth reading this as it does partially explain Estate Management Charges, there is some right (although limited) to apply to an FTT (previoulsy LVT) to ask them to judicate on certain charges (I was unaware of this and apparently so weresome LVTs/Courts !).

http://nearlylegal.co.uk/blog/2014/01/putting-it-off/

• 3 months later...

I've challenged them to provide me with evidence of what they have actually done for me on the estate? Never seen them around the place, very slow for repairs. I had a repair issue the day before Christmas which I reported and it never got sorted until the new Year.

Awful to deal with, crap customer service. Wish you the best.

• 8 months later...
Any more news on this? Similar issue here and getting ready for court

Chamonix Estates are a company headed by Adrian Povey and Louise Pugh. This company have broken every rule in the book and have never acted in accordance to the terms and conditions of the lease. They have a history of problems and in a recent search I found many links on-line showing how bad they are.

Alex J

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative/defamatory language.

I have to agree, I have had the same exact problems.

Each time I ask them to provide evidence of their work and what they are actually doing with the money,

they do not respond and come back at me with threats and try to turn it around on me.

They are a very bad company and group of people to deal with.

They have far too many people interfere with issues and non seem to know what the other says.

They also never follow through on what they agree and change minds like the wind.

Adrian Povey is the biggest [edited] of all.

He seems to think he can what he wants, when he wants and to whom he wants.

He walks around like he is honest and straight forward.

He think he is whiter than white but let me tell you, he isn't in my opinion and will have his day. I hope he gets what;s coming to him !!!

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative/defamatory terms.

LOL - seems like the same old story - They NEVER RESPOND with what you ask for which is a huge breach of the law and the lease - but yet they always add £21 and other charges they pluck out of think air followed by threats of legal action without first realising the laws they have broken.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative term removed.

• 5 months later...

Chamonix Estates were recently contacted about the lack of services provided although they insist on charging service demands without accepting responsibility for their failures.

A recent water leak with has caused damage to my mother's property was brought to their attention. My mother being of age and not from the UK finds it difficult to speak English. Therefore, I made contact on her behalf.

They are useless and do not contact me when asked to provide any help or advice. I have tried numerous times to contact their office and kept being passed through various departments. It has taken more than 3 weeks and 9 calls and emails to try and explain my issue but yet still NO HELP OR RESPONSE.

I tried to contact the management company which I was told is Grove Road One. Still NO HELP AND NO RESPONSE.

I was spoken to very rudely by someone in accounts after I stated that if the problems were not resolved that I would stop paying the service charges. They threatened me and stated that they would issue a court order against me and that I would have charges for costs on added to the account.

This is highly unacceptable and disgusting. I am outraged as to how a company who is responsible for the management of our property can ignore problems that have been going on for so long especially when an elderly woman with poor health is suffering.

Shame on you Chamonix Estates and Grove Road One. I will be stopping our service charge payments and seeking legal advise. Apparently, we are NOT the only ones who have exprienced these problems.

• 1 year later...

Adverts removed

Thread now closed as its only been bumped annually with new user stories

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks