Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder enrico.balazar Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Default Lowell - Default ? old vanquis debt

Hiya,

I am currently paying Lowell for a defaulted vanquish credit card debt.
    (No issues there really, I owe it and pay less to Lowell than vanquish with no interesticon)

However Lowell have now decided to add that I am in default with them via the credit reference agencies.
    (I have nothing relating to the original Vanquis default on any CRA file)

Can Lowell say that I am in default with them even though I pay and am up to date when actually I was in default with Vanquis ?

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    If I told you I'd have to kill you

Default Re: Lowell - Default ?

What’s the date of the default? They can only take over a registered default – they can’t add one of their own.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Lowell - Default ? old vanquis debt

has this ever shown on your CRA file?

you say its not there now?

how old is this debt
    when did you take the card out?

what made you start to pay lowlife..you fell for the threat-o-grams?

have you ever sent them a CCA Requesticon to check they have the LEGAL RIGHT to demand money from you?

something smells here

dx

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative

Cagger since
    Dec 2012

If vanquis registered a default then all lowell can do is substitute their name .

Do you have a notice of assignment to lowell?

Did they send you a default notice or intention to file a default?

What is the default date on your credit file?

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Thanks for the quick replies,

I originally defaulted with Vanquis about 12 months ago, But there has never been ANY record of my account with them with the CRA's

(I started with a standard Vanquis card then was upgraded to a Gold Card- at this time the original card shows as settled and then nothing else from Vanquis has ever shown on the CRA's reports)

I decided to start paying Lowell about 4 months ago (through choice, I owe the money so should pay it back somehow) and a default has appeared on my CRA for May of 2013.

Yes I did have a letter of assignment etc and it does relate correctly to what I owed vanquis.

Cheers

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

<p>I knew I'd ready something somewhere (From Lowells website) .

It is likely that your original creditor will have registered a default with regard to the outstanding debt on your credit file.

When the account is purchased by us, we are legally required to transfer the default into our name.

So if there was no registered default by Vanquis - then Lowell cant add a default as long as I am within my agreement with them ?

Who do I contact, Lowell or the CRA's ?

Cheers</p>

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

are you saying the account was NEVER on your cra file?

and IS now showing
    please be clear.

dx

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Yes, the Vanquis account and default was never on my CRA files, but I now have a default with Lowell that shows as a credit card default.

Cheers

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Clarification please, in post 5 you state the original card show as settled (on CRA Files?), and now shows on CRA with Lowell?

The ''settled'' entry will have been when Lowell acquired the debt after which the original entry would be removed and Lowell will report to the CRA and must show the original default.

So as far as I can see the entry is correct.

Out of interesticon which CRA are you using.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    If I told you I'd have to kill you

Brig, if the default is recorded as happening in May 2013 it cannot be correct, as the account at this time would have been owned by Lowell. Lowell were not in a position themselves to default the account.

But it’s best to check with enrico again – can you confirm that Lowell have recorded a default that BEGINS in May 2013, rather than simply taking over an old default? What is listed as the actual default date – is it May 2013, as you stated? This is important.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

The default is dated 30th April 2013 and has just shown up on my CRA files for May 2013.

Cheers

Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

So the true default date is 30th April 2012 as shown above NOT December 2013

You are reading the status history the 2013 is the start of th is years status history NOT a later default date and has not yet been updated with this years status from January 2103 onwards.
    So the entry appears correct!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative fletch70 Informative

Cagger since
    Dec 2012

I am confused as hell. Where does it say April 2012.?
    I think that what the op was saying is that when his card was upgraded they marked his original account as settled. Not the time of sale.
    Has a post been removed?

If not maybe the OP could post his credit file entry.

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Quote Originally Posted by fletch70 View Post
    I am confused as hell. Where does it say April 2012.?
    I think that what the op was saying is that when his card was upgraded they marked his original account as settled. Not the time of sale.
    Has a post been removed?

If not maybe the OP could post his credit file entry.
    I would appear that the OPs post showing the CRA file details has been removed, it clearly showed the APRIL date.

May have had personal dataicon???

Site Team The Consumer Action Group ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21 Highly authoritative ims21's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2011
    I am in
    excellent spirits

No posts have been removed by the Site Team although the OP did edit his post #11.

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Quote Originally Posted by ims21 View Post
    No posts have been removed by the Site Team although the OP did edit his post #11.
    Thanks ims, it's just left later post out of context.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

I've never mentioned April 2012 ! I edited post 11 for date accuracy.

Simply put, the default has never showed on my CRA files until May 2013 when it has been added by Lowell with a default date of 30th April 2013.

Account type
    Credit Card
    Account number
    ************9415 0

Account start date
    24/07/2008

Opening balance

Repayment frequency
    Monthly

Date of default
    30/04/2012

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Last entry above clearly shows default date30/04/2012 not 2013 what you are reading is the status history as previously advised, December D. 2013 D history not up dated.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Sorry - Just realised it said 2012!. Old age creeping in

So, Its OK for Lowell to show that I have a default with them even though I never had a default registered by Vanquis?

I only started paying Lowell about 4 months ago and have not missed any payments with them (if that makes any difference)

Cheers

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Vanquis are not known for selling accounts with out them being defaulted, the dates seem right for default and sale D.D April 2012.

My intuition tells me that between the settled card and the reporting of the upgraded card the default was placed and the account sold.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE