Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder mikesmotor Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    Milton Keynes soon to move

Default rockwell/arrow - MBNA debt global - Claim form issued

I've just had a phone callicon from a crowd called Rockwell. My question is, how would they get my phone number when I've never revealed it to them or the lot they say they're acting for. I've now changed it but how safe is it?

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

Default Re: Rockwell

Unless your telephone number is x director (and sometimes even if they are) - BT publishes a list.

You could have given your number to another creditor where your Credit files would be updated and the new number included.

BTW, I have moved your thread to the correct forum..

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2010
    I am in
    England

First of all, you do not have to speak to Rockwell on the telephone, if they ring again, refuse to go through any of their stupid data protection questions, interupt the child on the other end and say "in writing only" and hang up.

Then wait until they send something through the post.

Stigman

<<------------------ I'm not Ben Collins, but I could be the new Stig

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions, just say "In writing only" and hang up

If I have helped you, click on the star
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

My phone is with Sky and I called them and they changed my number. Rockwell claim to have written to me on the 9th November, this could be a [problem] of some sort to find out who lives at what address. BTW when you fill out the electoral roll forms and you tick the box for them not to make your details public it would seem that certain info can still be found on sites like 192.com

Basic Account Holder Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman Highly informative Stigman's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jul 2010
    I am in
    England

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmotor View Post
    BTW when you fill out the electoral roll forms and you tick the box for them not to make your details public it would seem that certain info can still be found on sites like 192.com
    DCAicon's including Rockwell have a consumer crediticon Licence so regardless of what box you ticked, they have access to the complete unrestricted Electoral Register via the Credit Reference Agencies.

Rockwell claim to have written to me on the 9th November
    Keep off the telephone, it's all lies and the person on the other end will say the moon is made of green cheese just to get a payment out of you.

Stigman

<<------------------ I'm not Ben Collins, but I could be the new Stig

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions, just say "In writing only" and hang up

If I have helped you, click on the star
    Follows
    Following

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

I have purchased a cheap PAYG phone and only give that number out if I have to provide a number.. eg.. the electoral roll - online shopping etc..

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

Default rockwell/arrow global

I started a thread about this lot some while ago and it all went very quiet.

Well they've just raised their ugly heads again.

I wrote to the stating that documents sent to me claiming to be a credit agreement did not comply with the CCA s60.

Their so called credit manager wrote saying that he could not agree with comments and therefore would recommence proceedings if I didn't get back within thirty days!

I've written a preliminary letter stating that my comments are a matter of law and my previous letter stands.

Should I wait for the thirty day period or should I send this letter now?

Does anyone know if there is a link between Rockwell and Arrow Global and MBA

Regards

Mike

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    If I told you I'd have to kill you

Default Re: rockwell/arrow global

No link between Arrow and Rockwell other than everyone uses Rockwell when there’s no hope of recovery, except from the brain-dead.

Can you direct us to your previous thread? Some background would be useful.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

Not sure how to re direct you but the thread was about then fact that Rockwell managed somehow to get hold of my home phone number under the claim that they had written to me some time earlier. Incidentally this dispute goes back nearly four years involving Fredricson international and their tame solicitor Bryan Carter all of whom seem to have passed the buck or thrown in the towel.

Regards
    Mike

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB Authoritative DonkeyB's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    If I told you I'd have to kill you

This is your thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...72797-Rockwell

... but it tells us nothing about the account or the dispute.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

I've checked back in my files and it seems to have started about four years ago with a set up called Aegis. I asked for various documentation as there seems to have been a dispute over various charges. Aegis told ne that documentary proof would not be available. from ther it went to Fredricson and Bryan Carter and subsequently to Rockwell.

All very complex and I would need to check my files a bit more deeply than I have done so however I've submitted a CCA s77/78 request and it would appear that this is what Rockwell are questioning!

Regards
    Mike

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

you need to tell us about this debt.

is it on your cra file too?

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

Default rockwell/arrow global - Claim form issued

Can anybody help here.

I have a disputed credit card account with MBNAicon.

they passed this on to Fredricson International and there solicitors Bryan Carter.

I sent in a CCA s77 request which never happened and then things went quiet.

Then unbeknown to me MBNA appeared to have sold the account under a different number to Arrow Global.

I sent letters explaining that the account is in disputeicon and CCA requests have gone in.

Arrow sent me a copy of an application form claiming it is my credit aggreement
    and now I received through the post this morning county courticon claim forms.

I know i have to send these back but some advice on the stance I should take would be useful.

Regards
    Mike

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

You should have a look round at other similar claims that have been issued via Arrow to see what is going on and how you can progress

You have a timeline that you need to adhere to -

Date of issue ?? + 5 days for service = ?? + 14 days to acknowledge service = ?? + 14 days to submit defence.

You can acknowledge service online using the password and claim number on your form

When you acknowledge service, you should click on the "defend all" button that will allow you the extra 14 days.

If you are not in possession of documents mentioned in the claim formicon then you will have to send a CPR31.14 request to the solicitor acting on behalf of the claimant.

You will need to let us have more information if you require our help.

BCOBS

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: rockwell/arrow global - Claim form issued

Hi mikesmotor,

Arrow have a portfolio of very old MBNAicon accounts most nearly or actually statute barredicon, so does this show and credit file currently, do you know when it was defaulted and or the date of the last payment or acknowledgment.

The ''app form'' is it complete with all the Ts & CS from inception to closure and ALL amendments through the life of the agreement and any other documents mentioned in those Ts & Cs if not it does comply:

Carter as you may well know uses the court system to threaten and most often Carter will withdraw at first sign of a defence. (from experience of numerous Carter catastrophic claims).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE