MBNA Credit card debt/ charges reclaim

mikesmotor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started a thread about this lot some while ago and it all went very quiet.

Well they've just raised their ugly heads again.

I wrote to the stating that documents sent to me claiming to be a credit agreement did not comply with the CCA s60.

Their so called credit manager wrote saying that he could not agree with comments and therefore would recommence proceedings if I didn't get back within thirty days!

I've written a preliminary letter stating that my comments are a matter of law and my previous letter stands.

Should I wait for the thirty day period or should I send this letter now?

Does anyone know if there is a link between Rockwell and Arrow Global and MBNA

Regards

Mike

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No link between Arrow and Rockwell other than everyone uses Rockwell when there’s no hope of recovery, except from the brain-dead.

Can you direct us to your previous thread? Some background would be useful.

Not sure how to re direct you but the thread was about then fact that Rockwell managed somehow to get hold of my home phone number under the claim that they had written to me some time earlier. Incidentally this dispute goes back nearly four years involving Fredricson international and their tame solicitor Bryan Carter all of whom seem to have passed the buck or thrown in the towel.

Regards

Mike

I've checked back in my files and it seems to have started about four years ago with a set up called Aegis. I asked for various documentation as there seems to have been a dispute over various charges. Aegis told ne that documentary proof would not be available. from ther it went to Fredricson and Bryan Carter and subsequently to Rockwell.

All very complex and I would need to check my files a bit more deeply than I have done so however I've submitted a CCA s77/78 request and it would appear that this is what Rockwell are questioning!

Regards

Mike

you need to tell us about this debt.

is it on your cra file too?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Can anybody help here.

I have a disputed credit card account with MBNA.

they passed this on to Fredricson International and there solicitors Bryan Carter.

I sent in a CCA s77 request which never happened and then things went quiet.

Then unbeknown to me MBNA appeared to have sold the account under a different number to Arrow Global.

I sent letters explaining that the account is in dispute and CCA requests have gone in.

Arrow sent me a copy of an application form claiming it is my credit aggreement

and now I received through the post this morning county court claim forms.

I know i have to send these back but some advice on the stance I should take would be useful.

Regards

Mike

You should have a look round at other similar claims that have been issued via Arrow to see what is going on and how you can progress

You have a timeline that you need to adhere to -

Date of issue ?? + 5 days for service = ?? + 14 days to acknowledge service = ?? + 14 days to submit defence.

You can acknowledge service online using the password and claim number on your form

When you acknowledge service, you should click on the "defend all" button that will allow you the extra 14 days.

If you are not in possession of documents mentioned in the claim form then you will have to send a CPR31.14 request to the solicitor acting on behalf of the claimant.

You will need to let us have more information if you require our help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi mikesmotor,

Arrow have a portfolio of very old MBNA accounts most nearly or actually statute barred, so does this show and credit file currently, do you know when it was defaulted and or the date of the last payment or acknowledgment.

The ''app form'' is it complete with all the Ts & CS from inception to closure and ALL amendments through the life of the agreement and any other documents mentioned in those Ts & Cs if not it does comply:

Carter as you may well know uses the court system to threaten and most often Carter will withdraw at first sign of a defence. (from experience of numerous Carter catastrophic claims).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: