Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder irishgal25 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Default Wonga Repayment Plan

Hi

This is my first post and am looking for a little advice.

I recently set up a repayment planicon for my wonga debt of 1100.

The plan has been agreed and I have received the confirmation email of paying 120 over 10 months.

I checked my online account and the interesticon has been frozen and the plan is showing on my account,

however under the extend loan section it says the i have reached the maximum number of extensions and full payment is due on my original payment date.

Is this standard when setting up repayment plans?

Royalties Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

Default Re: Wonga Repayment Plan

Ignore it and pay the agreed plan by standing order. Do NOT use a credit card and do NOT use direct debiticon.

You have the agreement in writing, so if they breach it, you have full grounds to throw the account into dispute/deadlock.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Thanks for the advice!! I contact wonga just to make sure and they have confirmed the plan is in place and that the first payment is not due until 19th July.

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp Authoritative renegadeimp's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

Did you get that confirmation in writing? From now on, you must get everything in writing, and NEVER use the phone to call them.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

I did get written confirmation!

I have a record of all correspondence with them regarding this from the first email I sent explaining my financial difficulties,
    cancellation of CPA with both bank and wonga,
    screenshots of the I and E form,
    confirmation of plan from wonga,
    screenshots of account once the plan had been set up,
    confirmation of standing order set up etc!

I'm not giving them any room to screw me over!

Site Team Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

Good girl.

Basic Account Holder stressed24 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Hi,could I just ask,how did you set up your repayment planicon? I need to set one up but am unsure of the most successful way to go about it.
    Thanks.

Basic Account Holder turkwyfe4lyfe Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2013
    I am in
    At home

Keep bombarding them with several emails a day until they get so sick of seeing your emails they see and send you an Income and Expenditure form you fill in online, and u can tweek figures where neccessary until the payment arrangement is to your needs then accept.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Quote Originally Posted by stressed24 View Post
    Hi,could I just ask,how did you set up your repayment planicon? I need to set one up but am unsure of the most successful way to go about it.
    Thanks.
    I intially emailed them and got the standard email reply, I waited until 3 days before my repayment was due, filled out the I and E form online and it was set up in less than 10 mins! No need for phone callsicon and no hassle!

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Hi, I need a little more advice ..please! I have emailed them twice now at customercare@wonga.com and have had nothing but the generic reply ..'we'l get back to you within 24-48hrs'. It's been longer than that and i'v heard nothing! Bit worried as my payment is due next week! HELP! ??!!

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

Secure your bank account , and stop worrying. If they refuse to reply, it's THEIR problem. Not yours.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Secure your bank account , and stop worrying. If they refuse to reply, it's THEIR problem. Not yours.
    How do I secure my bank account?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

Follow the advice in this thread. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-Viewing)-nbsp

Also consider the use of a parachute accounticon.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Thankyou.

So I should call my bank and ask them to stop any further debits from Wonga?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

No. You must write to them and hand it in to your branch. We've had many reports of people calling their bank, but the debits still go through.

Cagger since
    Jun 2013

Can't get to my bank now before due pay date! Is there another email address I should use? Is it worth me calling Wonga?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

Never phone the Creditor. Keep everything in writing, so you have full evidence of what is going on. You could email the bank, but you would need to make sure you CC it to yourself AND get a read receipt to prove they recieved it.

Basic Account Holder the tinkerman Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

Hi irishgal25

Just a quick question re your p/plan set up with wonga, I assume you went through wonga's online p/plan i & e but can see that you managed to set a standing order up with them, so does it give you the option to do this on the form and if not how did you go about setting the standing order up with them and did you tell them that you were cancelling the CPA and they were okay with this.

Any advice would be grateful.

Tinks

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    Chester

You tell the bank to cancel the cpa. Not Wonga.

If you have their bank details then you set the SO yourself. You dont need permission from wonga.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE