• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Another Toothfairy Finance Victim - My way of dealing with the ****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at this forum for a while for advice, and have to say it has been great, much better than MSE forum which is full of pretentious ***ts who tell you to shoot yourself for making a mistake. However this forum has much much better users who have been helpful hence why i have decided to join.

Anyway, i am another victim of Toothfairy Finance and have been dealing with these numb nuts for a few weeks, taking in advice from different members of this forum i have been responding only to toothfairy in writing via email. I want to post my progress as it happens as well as take in advice from you guys as what to do next.

As it stands i took out a loan for £400 on the 7th of April, my income stopped and i was unable to repay the loan in full. As i am a student i cant receive benefits, however i start a new job at the end of this month. As expected the calls and text started, i did say to them that i will only correspond in writing, below is the list of correspondence in order:

Mr ****

Ref Loan: ***** ********* - 07.04.13 - Sum outstanding GBP 626

We have made a number of attempts to contact you by email and SMS to discuss the outstanding balance on the short-term loan you took out on 07.04.13 and you have failed to repay the loan in accordance with the contract.

We have also warned you in advance of additional charges you have incurred.

As we make clear to all our customers our product is intended to be a short term financial solution. If the loan is extended this product can become expensive.

As the matter has not been resolved and your loan is still outstanding, we have been left with no alternative and are writing to advise you that this debt will be passed on to our Debt Collection Agency on 19.05.13.

As per the terms of the contract betwee n ToothFairy Finance Ltd and yourself (see http://www.toothfairyfinance.com/terms.html) instructing a Debt Collection Agency will add a further GBP 200 to the balance you owe. Debt recovery agents will contact you using the contact details you have provided until you pay off your debt to us. This may include a visit to your home by a Door Recovery Agent who will discuss your debt with you.

If after a reasonable period of time, you have not repaid your debt, this may lead to our taking legal action against you in the County Courts (or Sheriff Courts if you are in Scotland). We will seek to recover the full amount including interest, recovery costs and legal costs where appropriate.

Should we successfully obtain a judgment against you, you should be aware that a County Court Judgement against your name will remain for 6 years on the National Credit Records (NCR). This is accessed by employers, insurers and banks and may result in:-

a) difficu lties in obtaining future credit;

b) difficulties in obtaining a mortgage;

c) being questioned at a County Court as to your financial circumstances;

d) difficulty in securing future employment due to an adverse credit history and credit score

If we are successful in obtaining a County Court Judgment or Scottish Decree this will be followed by an application for a Warrant of Execution (or Scottish equivalent). If this is received, Bailiffs will then visit your property and may take possession of your goods to be sold to repay your debt.

The initial cost of issuing a claim in the County Court or Sheriff’s Court can vary but we will seek to recover those costs against you should we be successful. We will also seek to recover all further legal costs where legally possible.

This matter may ultimately cost you more than you currently owe if you do not contact us to arrange repayment now.

Please immediately pay 626 by either:

1) Paying online by visiting http://www.toothfairyfinance.com and clicking Pay Now;

or

2) Make a bank transfer for GBP 626 to:

Barclays Bank

Account number 93462382

Sort code 20-50-94

Ref: Use your mobile number (************) as a reference so we can match it correctly

ALSO please EMAIL us confirming that this has been done to stop the debt being passed to the Debt Collection Team and further charges being incurred.

If you ignore this and a Debt Recovery Agency is instructed you are putting yourself at risk of legal proceedings and further action.

We look forward to hearing from you confirming a speedy resolution of this matter.

If you have already repaid and this is not reflected in the above statement please contact us so we can investigate this further and correct your file.

Yours Sincerely

Legal Department

Toothfairy Finance

t: 0800 8620218

 Please consider the environment before you print this email.

The above email will look familiar to those in my position, i just ignored this then decided to call them to sort it out, from our phone they somehow believed i agreed to a repayment plan when i told them i have no income, which i thought was hilarious. At this point they told me i owed £1344 however after the repayment plan i "agreed to" i owed £800.

Here is their email dated May 20th

Dear ******

This is an AUTOMATED EMAIL.

I am writing to confirm your agreement with one of our agents OR debt collection agencies regarding your ToothFairy Pay Day Loan*** in which you agreed to make the following payments:

31.05.13 - £800.00

Total payment of £800.00 to be paid by 31.05.13 to close this loan

This agreement has now been noted on your permanent file.

PLEASE NOTE:

You can make payment in one of the following ways:

- ONLINE: by visiting our website: http://www.northerndebtrecovery.com

- BANK: you can make a transfer to our account or pay cash over the counter at your local bank using the following information:

Barclays Banks

A/c number: 13492192

Sort code: 20-95-61

Ref: 17357858

(please use 17357858 as the reference to ensure your payment is l ogged to your account. Not using a reference will delay us in being able to match your payment to your file and may delay us in crediting your account leading to you incurring additional charges and fees).

If YOU fail to HONOUR this agreement, and do not pay as agreed, the following action may be taken:

1. FULL fees and charges will be added to your account, and any discount applied will be lost;

2. Full interest will be added retrospectively; and.

3. We reserve the right to instruct our solicitors to issue legal proceedings in the County Court (or Sheriff Court if you are in Scotland). If we are successful in obtaining a County Court Judgment (CCJ) or Scottish Decree we may make an application to the court for a Warrant of Execution or its Scottish equivalent. This will enable Bailiffs to come to your property and seize your property.

This should be taken seriously. It is ESSENTIAL you honour the agreement you made

You rs sincerely,

DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell (257)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Northern Debt Recovery Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 6956396. Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631166

It must be noted that i called Toothfairy Finance, i was still on the phone to Toothfairy to a Greg, when i got this email from NDR....funny that.

I decided i was going to attempt to pull £800 out my a** in two weeks to get these crooks off my back, however i did not with the lottery so on May 30th i replied:

Hi,

Following my loan default i am in the position where i am unable to repay the £800 you are requesting, even though i stated to you i am out of work and do not have a single penny of income at the moment. Can you please provide me with my options? Please note i will only accept correspondence in writing or email.

On the same day i got the same day i got a similar email as before from toothfairy not NDR:

Please remember that you agreed / are required to make payments to settle your ToothFairy Finance Ltd - ToothFairy Pay Day Loan*** to avoid further charges and debt recovery action.

You are committed to paying GBP 800 by 31.05.2013.

If you fail to honour this agreement and you ignore us your payment plan will fail and we reserve the right to take action to recover the full amount. We may also instruct Door Recovery Agents to visit your property to discuss your debt with you and the reasons for non-payment.

If payment continues to be non-forthcoming, then the file will be passed to our Solicitors for review. This may lead to a County Court claim (or Sheriff Court claim if you are in Scotland) against you. If we successfully obtain a County Court Jud gment (or Scottish Decree) we may then make further applications to the court for a Warrant of Execution or an Attachment of Earnings Order (or their Scottish equivalent).

my response again was similar as they sent me a repeat email

Hi,

Following up from my email last night that i sent, which was as follows:

Hi,

Following my loan default i am in the position where i am unable to repay the £800 you are requesting, even though i stated to you i am out of work and do not have a single penny of income at the moment. Can you please provide me with my options? Please note i will only accept correspondence in writing or email.

Your opening line to the email you sent to me states that i "agreed" to the repayment of £800, I never agreed to that, what i said to your advisor was that i will try and get the money put together but i highly doubt it because of my situation.

Demanding £800 off a person who has £1.37 in their bank with no income i would consider to be a ludicrous payment plan, so can you please email me with a suitable repayment plan that would better suit my situation. I will not speak over the phone as i want all our correspondence in writing.

However i was unable to respond to this email so had to submit the email to their contact us form on their website, i suppose this is where it gets lost for future evidence! So my advice would be to keep a copy. Anyway following that submission this was my their response:

Dear ******,

Thank you for your message passed to us from Toothfairy Finance.

In order for us to be able to assist you please fax us as much of the below listed evidence as possible.

Income and Expenditure form;

Letter of termination/redundancy;

Letter confirming receipt of Job Seekers Allowance;

A copy of your P45 / P46; and

A signed sickness certificate from your doctor indicating long term illness.

We will take these documents into consideration when arranging your repayment plan, once your plan has been arranged we would like to assist you further by freezing all correspondence and charges on your account.

Faxes can be received on 0203 137 0794 and will be processed.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (129)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify sender immediately and then destroy it.

Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Northern Debt Recovery Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 6956396. Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631166.

After this email i thought i was getting somewhere, couldnt believe my eyes they were offering to freeze interest and charges, too good to be true though. I worte back explaining i was a student so couldnt provide any of the documentation they asked for. Their response was:

Dear *******

Thank you for your message.

An income and expenditure form your can download from Google.

If you are unable to pay in a one off payment, but you are willing to pay £150 per month starting from this month, we are prepared to FREEZE all interest and charges on your account.

Please confirm the dates that you will be making payment on and whether you wish for us to set this up to take payment automatically from your debit card you previously provided us with.

If you are unable to pay the above amount on a monthly basis, please confirm what amount you are able to make and we will consider your offer.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 0843 381 0843

Please note continued non-payment or refusal to come to an amicable agreement will result in your file being passed to Marshall Hoares Bailiffs who may come to your property to discuss your outstanding debt with you.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (129)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Northern Debt Recovery Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 6956396. Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631166.

At this point i was getting bored with the rubbish email correspondence so decided to spice things up by setting out my own terms, not sure if it was a good idea but i really couldnt care less to deal with crooks you have to be a bit of a crook.

Hi,

My expenditure is £811 pm with an income of £0pm....Also quite frankly i need you guys to justify the substantial fees you have added to my loan, considering that you are the same company as toothfairy you cant justify charging 100's of pounds to pass the debt from yourselves to yourselves, thats just a joke.

1) I am willing to make monthly payments as i start a new job soon, however it will not be or even close to £150 a month as i wont be able to afford that and live.

2) I will not be paying the £1000's you claim i owe, i will not pay your ridiculous fees and charges that are deemed unreasonable.

3) If you cant accept the above terms, i suggest you skip all the rubbish and take me to court.

Well did not get a response to that however today got this email from Marshall Hoares Bailiffs :lol:

BY LETTER AND EMAIL

Online payment ID: 17357858

Outstanding amount: 832

Commence Proceedings

Client: ToothFairy Finance Ltd - ToothFairy Pay Day Loan***

Client Ref: 17357858

Date: 11/06/2013

We write to inform you that we have not heard from you and that we have been instructed to commence active recovery procedures against you for the collection of the above arrears which remain outstanding.

Full payment of the outstanding amount is hereby demanded within 7 days of this notice to prevent further recovery procedures commencing. Further recovery procedures which we will undertake are:

-further letters and telephone calls to contact you at your home and place of work if you do not respond to us;

-our agen t will make visits to your premises for the purpose of discussing your debt; and

-we will gather all evidence and prepare your file for presentation to our Solicitors so that they can issue proceedings against you in your local County or Sheriff Court.

Should you be unable to pay in full within 7 days, an instalment plan may be accepted depending on your financial circumstances.

If you wish to pay by instalments you should contact one of our customer service operators as soon as possible on 08433811111.

Yours faithfully

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

The content of this email should not be considered as an acceptance of any offer unless we previously review and expressly approve in writing your terms and conditions relating to the subject matter of this email.

The information in this email is private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient( s) or have otherwise received this email in error, please delete the email and inform the sender as soon as possible. This email may not be disclosed, used or copied by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). Any opinions, statements or comments contained in this email are not necessarily those of Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited. If you wish clarification of any matter, please request confirmation in writing.

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 06871092. Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631168.

We take precautions to minimise the risk of this email containing a software virus but you should use virus checking software.

which i responded:

Hi,

Dont for one second think that 'Bailiffs' in your name will scare me your nothing more than a debt collectors and have no authority to carry out bailiff activities. Anyone showing up at my door thinking they can without a licence will get a familiar treatment. Also Toothfairy Finance is not a 'Client' of yours but in fact your sister company, you are owned and ran by the same staff, i am not stupid. For this reason i do not believe you can justify charging the additional fees you have for passing the file to each other.

As for your threats, they mean squat im afraid,

- you can send all the phone calls, texts and letters to my home, ignoring is a talent of mine. As for sending it to my work, well good luck with that, if you were a responsible letter and got the reuqired documentation before giving out loans you would have seen that i have been a student for the past year without a working income, so again good luck with that.

- Your agent can make visits to my premises, but again the door will be slammed in his/her face, they will have to go have a cup of tea with my old neighbour next door.

- And as you can see i have asked you already to just take me to court, i would really really really love to see how you guys present yourselves in court and answer for your unjustifiable fees as well as your behaviour as a lender, it would make my day so please feel free to take me to court, because unless you agree to my terms which i have now emailed 3 times, you will not get a single penny from me, PROMISE YOU THAT!!.

Have a good day :)

If you have got this far in this post thank you for reading through, could you guys please give me advice as to what i should do next? I do agree i owe them money but as you can see i aint paying no £832 because the fees are a joke.

Again thank you for reading this far and i look forward to your comments! :)

Edited by TF-Destroyer
name shown

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do, send a simple letter to toothfairy stating your repayment proposals and note the fact that they have refused to correspond with you so far. Every single one of these companies is really toothfairy, just using different names and a different credit licence. This greg guy, i have my suspicions that it is really Oliver Larholt, but more investigation is needed for that.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah well i already got the proof showing they have refuse to respond to a repayment plan, thing is i dont mind paying what i do owe and really do owe as i borrowed in the first place, but as mentioned refusing to pay what they are asking as they think adding £200+ for passing it to themselves is justifiable.

I wouldnt worry, TF dont do court action. They may issue papers, but they rarely ever turn up at court, and when they do, its some office junior who is woefully unprepared.

A while ago, MR larholt turned up to support his companies claim, but after trying to threaten the debtor into settling outside of court, the debtor called his bluff and insisted on going in front of a judge. Needless to say, larholt didnt go into the courtroom, and was gone by the time the case was called.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

New Email

Dear ****,

As per our previous communication, we are currently waiting for you to send the requested documentation evidencing your change in financial circumstances.

When you applied for the loan, you provided the information that you were employed with ND Decors.

We are UNABLE to assist you in freezing your file and arranging a repayment plan without receipt of evidence of your CHANGE in financial circumstances since receiving the loan.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (208)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

My response:

Hi,

Yeah that was a long while ago, again, i am unable to provide the documents as mentioned 4 times now to you in the past. Once again i am hyappy to pay what i really do owe minus your laughable fees, but the more you add these fees and interest the least likely you are to get money from, in fact as it stands i am refusing to pay you a single penny. Even if i won the euromillions tomorrow, you would not get a penny from me.

Before you can even think about getting me to repay the loan, i would like a breakdown of each of your fees, to see where the cost come from to make the fees add up to what they do. If you cant provide this, im afraid we will never reach an agreement.

I wouldnt worry, TF dont do court action. They may issue papers, but they rarely ever turn up at court, and when they do, its some office junior who is woefully unprepared.

A while ago, MR larholt turned up to support his companies claim, but after trying to threaten the debtor into settling outside of court, the debtor called his bluff and insisted on going in front of a judge. Needless to say, larholt didnt go into the courtroom, and was gone by the time the case was called.

Yeah i figured that, to be honest as one of my emails say to them, i would absolutely love for them to take me to court, i would love to see them stand up and defend their actions and the way they behave. Would be worth any CCJ i get

You are under no obligation at all to provide any financial information to them. The only thing you should send is a very simple budget summary.

Perhaps play them at their own game and tell them that each of their letters breaches OFT guidance on debt collection and a full report is being issued with the OFT and FOS.

If they try and say they arent, we can write a nice letter to them, referencing every single breach of OFT guidance they have made in every letter so far.

You are under no obligation at all to provide any financial information to them. The only thing you should send is a very simple budget summary.

Perhaps play them at their own game and tell them that each of their letters breaches OFT guidance on debt collection and a full report is being issued with the OFT and FOS.

If they try and say they arent, we can write a nice letter to them, referencing every single breach of OFT guidance they have made in every letter so far.

See to be fair thats sounds like a great idea, are you able to look at the above and tell me what they are doing wrong as per legislation, as i will use this against them and also file a complaint with the OFT because i wasnt sure if i was yet in a valid position to file a complain

I can list every single point they breach, along with various regulation breaches. However, it would be pretty long and pretty indepth.

Have a good read of http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consultations/OFT664Rev_Debt_collection_g1.pdf, and compare it closely to what they sent you. You'll soon see that Toothfairy have total disregard for the law. Remember, their parent company got shut down this year for doing the same things. Larholt moved toothfairy to another of his companies before the axe dropped though.

Thats brilliant thanks very much, i will go through it and highlight everything. I honestly hate the ***** i was actually thinking of carrying DDoS attack on their wesbites which i can do. Probably not best mentioning it on here, but i couldnt care less for them.

I wouldnt recommend that at all, as you could end up with a prison sentence.

The best thing to do is make sure you follow the law, and let them continually break it.

Yeah true, remember one day i tried phoning their 0800 number to get through to them and its an automated system that takes you around in circles. Just about to give CAB a call to see what i can do and possibly file a complaint to the OFT will keep this thread updated on how it goes....kinda of enjoying this

CAB will just tell you what we're telling you. Except we have more intimate knowledge of the workings of this company.

fair dos, i had a look at the link you sent me but couldnt really match any breaches to their rules, either im really daft and cant process that information or their emails have been smartly written. So not sure what my next steps should be, what should i do next?

Well got a response today from the ******s, it appears the more OFT threats come through the less the amount i owe gets lower.....

Dear ******,

Below is a complete list of ALL charges incurred to date:

07.04.13 Issue Loan Issued £400.00

08.04.13 Charge Interest-1 £72

22.04.13 Charge Interest-2 £72

06.05.13 Charge Interest-3 £72

06.05.13 Charge Missed Payment Fee 1 (day 29) £10

20.05.13 Charge Interest-4 £72

03.06.13 Charge Interest-5 £72

You currently owe £770.

You agreed to repay your short term loan within 14 days. Payday loans can become expensive if you do not keep to the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you took out your loan.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (208)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Which i replied wit:

Hi,

You guys are amazing honestly, my loan has now dropped from £1132 to £800 to £770, (which i all have proof of in writing and recording) it seems like more the reality of me taking things further to the OFT have you shaking in your boots because you guys know that you have been irresponsible and really shouldn't be operating at all. Not to mention the number of OFT rules your emails to myself have broken.

You have also delayed responding to my original query, giving yourselves the opportunity of adding on more fees to replace the £200 + £150 fee which you originally added on, but removed because of the threat of an OFT complaint. I have made you aware of my situation as well as what my total outgoings and income, but yet you have failed to act like a responsible lender in light of the information i have shared to you. As mentioned before if you could not agree with my terms TAKE ME TO COURT, as i know i now have enough evidence in place to prove what you guys really are and how you operate. I have also posted every email you have sent to me on the internet and dated it, i will also upload the phone conversion i had with you guys which reveals more than you would like.

Whether i eventually pay you in full or by a payment plan, i will only be paying the loan + 1 months interest + 1 missed payment fee which comes to a total of £554, that is FINAL.

I know i am a bit over board but im gonna dish it to these ***** the way it should be.

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at this forum for a while for advice, and have to say it has been great, much better than MSE forum which is full of pretentious ***ts who tell you to shoot yourself for making a mistake. However this forum has much much better users who have been helpful hence why i have decided to join.

Anyway, i am another victim of Toothfairy Finance and have been dealing with these numb nuts for a few weeks, taking in advice from different members of this forum i have been responding only to toothfairy in writing via email. I want to post my progress as it happens as well as take in advice from you guys as what to do next.

As it stands i took out a loan for £400 on the 7th of April, my income stopped and i was unable to repay the loan in full. As i am a student i cant receive benefits, however i start a new job at the end of this month. As expected the calls and text started, i did say to them that i will only correspond in writing, below is the list of correspondence in order:

Mr ****

Ref Loan: ***** ********* - 07.04.13 - Sum outstanding GBP 626

We have made a number of attempts to contact you by email and SMS to discuss the outstanding balance on the short-term loan you took out on 07.04.13 and you have failed to repay the loan in accordance with the contract.

We have also warned you in advance of additional charges you have incurred.

As we make clear to all our customers our product is intended to be a short term financial solution. If the loan is extended this product can become expensive.

As the matter has not been resolved and your loan is still outstanding, we have been left with no alternative and are writing to advise you that this debt will be passed on to our Debt Collection Agency on 19.05.13.

As per the terms of the contract betwee n ToothFairy Finance Ltd and yourself (see http://www.toothfairyfinance.com/terms.html) instructing a Debt Collection Agency will add a further GBP 200 to the balance you owe. Debt recovery agents will contact you using the contact details you have provided until you pay off your debt to us. This may include a visit to your home by a Door Recovery Agent who will discuss your debt with you.

If after a reasonable period of time, you have not repaid your debt, this may lead to our taking legal action against you in the County Courts (or Sheriff Courts if you are in Scotland). We will seek to recover the full amount including interest, recovery costs and legal costs where appropriate.

Should we successfully obtain a judgment against you, you should be aware that a County Court Judgement against your name will remain for 6 years on the National Credit Records (NCR). This is accessed by employers, insurers and banks and may result in:-

a) difficu lties in obtaining future credit;

b) difficulties in obtaining a mortgage;

c) being questioned at a County Court as to your financial circumstances;

d) difficulty in securing future employment due to an adverse credit history and credit score

If we are successful in obtaining a County Court Judgment or Scottish Decree this will be followed by an application for a Warrant of Execution (or Scottish equivalent). If this is received, Bailiffs will then visit your property and may take possession of your goods to be sold to repay your debt.

The initial cost of issuing a claim in the County Court or Sheriff’s Court can vary but we will seek to recover those costs against you should we be successful. We will also seek to recover all further legal costs where legally possible.

This matter may ultimately cost you more than you currently owe if you do not contact us to arrange repayment now.

Please immediately pay 626 by either:

1) Paying online by visiting http://www.toothfairyfinance.com and clicking Pay Now;

or

2) Make a bank transfer for GBP 626 to:

Barclays Bank

Account number 93462382

Sort code 20-50-94

Ref: Use your mobile number (************) as a reference so we can match it correctly

ALSO please EMAIL us confirming that this has been done to stop the debt being passed to the Debt Collection Team and further charges being incurred.

If you ignore this and a Debt Recovery Agency is instructed you are putting yourself at risk of legal proceedings and further action.

We look forward to hearing from you confirming a speedy resolution of this matter.

If you have already repaid and this is not reflected in the above statement please contact us so we can investigate this further and correct your file.

Yours Sincerely

Legal Department

Toothfairy Finance

t: 0800 8620218

 Please consider the environment before you print this email.

The above email will look familiar to those in my position, i just ignored this then decided to call them to sort it out, from our phone they somehow believed i agreed to a repayment plan when i told them i have no income, which i thought was hilarious. At this point they told me i owed £1344 however after the repayment plan i "agreed to" i owed £800.

Here is their email dated May 20th

Dear ******

This is an AUTOMATED EMAIL.

I am writing to confirm your agreement with one of our agents OR debt collection agencies regarding your ToothFairy Pay Day Loan*** in which you agreed to make the following payments:

31.05.13 - £800.00

Total payment of £800.00 to be paid by 31.05.13 to close this loan

This agreement has now been noted on your permanent file.

PLEASE NOTE:

You can make payment in one of the following ways:

- ONLINE: by visiting our website: http://www.northerndebtrecovery.com

- BANK: you can make a transfer to our account or pay cash over the counter at your local bank using the following information:

Barclays Banks

A/c number: 13492192

Sort code: 20-95-61

Ref: 17357858

(please use 17357858 as the reference to ensure your payment is l ogged to your account. Not using a reference will delay us in being able to match your payment to your file and may delay us in crediting your account leading to you incurring additional charges and fees).

If YOU fail to HONOUR this agreement, and do not pay as agreed, the following action may be taken:

1. FULL fees and charges will be added to your account, and any discount applied will be lost;

2. Full interest will be added retrospectively; and.

3. We reserve the right to instruct our solicitors to issue legal proceedings in the County Court (or Sheriff Court if you are in Scotland). If we are successful in obtaining a County Court Judgment (CCJ) or Scottish Decree we may make an application to the court for a Warrant of Execution or its Scottish equivalent. This will enable Bailiffs to come to your property and seize your property.

This should be taken seriously. It is ESSENTIAL you honour the agreement you made

You rs sincerely,

DEBT MANAGER - Greg Campbell (257)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Northern Debt Recovery Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 6956396. Northern Debt Recovery Limited (NDR) is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631166

It must be noted that i called Toothfairy Finance, i was still on the phone to Toothfairy to a Greg, when i got this email from NDR....funny that.

I decided i was going to attempt to pull £800 out my a** in two weeks to get these crooks off my back, however i did not with the lottery so on May 30th i replied:

Hi,

On the same day i got the same day i got a similar email as before from toothfairy not NDR:

Please remember that you agreed / are required to make payments to settle your ToothFairy Finance Ltd - ToothFairy Pay Day Loan*** to avoid further charges and debt recovery action.

You are committed to paying GBP 800 by 31.05.2013.

If you fail to honour this agreement and you ignore us your payment plan will fail and we reserve the right to take action to recover the full amount. We may also instruct Door Recovery Agents to visit your property to discuss your debt with you and the reasons for non-payment.

If payment continues to be non-forthcoming, then the file will be passed to our Solicitors for review. This may lead to a County Court claim (or Sheriff Court claim if you are in Scotland) against you. If we successfully obtain a County Court Jud gment (or Scottish Decree) we may then make further applications to the court for a Warrant of Execution or an Attachment of Earnings Order (or their Scottish equivalent).

my response again was similar as they sent me a repeat email

Hi,

Following up from my email last night that i sent, which was as follows:

Hi,

Your opening line to the email you sent to me states that i "agreed" to the repayment of £800, I never agreed to that, what i said to your advisor was that i will try and get the money put together but i highly doubt it because of my situation.

Demanding £800 off a person who has £1.37 in their bank with no income i would consider to be a ludicrous payment plan, so can you please email me with a suitable repayment plan that would better suit my situation. I will not speak over the phone as i want all our correspondence in writing.

However i was unable to respond to this email so had to submit the email to their contact us form on their website, i suppose this is where it gets lost for future evidence! So my advice would be to keep a copy. Anyway following that submission this was my their response:

Dear ******,

Thank you for your message passed to us from Toothfairy Finance.

In order for us to be able to assist you please fax us as much of the below listed evidence as possible.

Income and Expenditure form;

Letter of termination/redundancy;

Letter confirming receipt of Job Seekers Allowance;

A copy of your P45 / P46; and

A signed sickness certificate from your doctor indicating long term illness.

We will take these documents into consideration when arranging your repayment plan, once your plan has been arranged we would like to assist you further by freezing all correspondence and charges on your account.

Faxes can be received on 0203 137 0794 and will be processed.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (129)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

After this email i thought i was getting somewhere, couldnt believe my eyes they were offering to freeze interest and charges, too good to be true though. I worte back explaining i was a student so couldnt provide any of the documentation they asked for. Their response was:

Dear *******

An income and expenditure form your can download from Google.

If you are unable to pay in a one off payment, but you are willing to pay £150 per month starting from this month, we are prepared to FREEZE all interest and charges on your account.

Please confirm the dates that you will be making payment on and whether you wish for us to set this up to take payment automatically from your debit card you previously provided us with.

If you are unable to pay the above amount on a monthly basis, please confirm what amount you are able to make and we will consider your offer.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 0843 381 0843

Please note continued non-payment or refusal to come to an amicable agreement will result in your file being passed to Marshall Hoares Bailiffs who may come to your property to discuss your outstanding debt with you.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS (129)

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

At this point i was getting bored with the rubbish email correspondence so decided to spice things up by setting out my own terms, not sure if it was a good idea but i really couldnt care less to deal with crooks you have to be a bit of a crook.

Hi,

My expenditure is £811 pm with an income of £0pm....Also quite frankly i need you guys to justify the substantial fees you have added to my loan, considering that you are the same company as toothfairy you cant justify charging 100's of pounds to pass the debt from yourselves to yourselves, thats just a joke.

1) I am willing to make monthly payments as i start a new job soon, however it will not be or even close to £150 a month as i wont be able to afford that and live.

2) I will not be paying the £1000's you claim i owe, i will not pay your ridiculous fees and charges that are deemed unreasonable.

3) If you cant accept the above terms, i suggest you skip all the rubbish and take me to court.

Well did not get a response to that however today got this email from Marshall Hoares Bailiffs :lol:

BY LETTER AND EMAIL

Online payment ID: 17357858

Outstanding amount: 832

Commence Proceedings

Client: ToothFairy Finance Ltd - ToothFairy Pay Day Loan***

Client Ref: 17357858

Date: 11/06/2013

We write to inform you that we have not heard from you and that we have been instructed to commence active recovery procedures against you for the collection of the above arrears which remain outstanding.

Full payment of the outstanding amount is hereby demanded within 7 days of this notice to prevent further recovery procedures commencing. Further recovery procedures which we will undertake are:

-further letters and telephone calls to contact you at your home and place of work if you do not respond to us;

-our agen t will make visits to your premises for the purpose of discussing your debt; and

-we will gather all evidence and prepare your file for presentation to our Solicitors so that they can issue proceedings against you in your local County or Sheriff Court.

Should you be unable to pay in full within 7 days, an instalment plan may be accepted depending on your financial circumstances.

If you wish to pay by instalments you should contact one of our customer service operators as soon as possible on 08433811111.

Yours faithfully

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

The content of this email should not be considered as an acceptance of any offer unless we previously review and expressly approve in writing your terms and conditions relating to the subject matter of this email.

The information in this email is private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient( s) or have otherwise received this email in error, please delete the email and inform the sender as soon as possible. This email may not be disclosed, used or copied by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). Any opinions, statements or comments contained in this email are not necessarily those of Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited. If you wish clarification of any matter, please request confirmation in writing.

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered address is Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited, 15 Lyndhurst Terrace, London, NW3 5QA, United Kingdom. Company registration number 06871092. Marshall Hoares Bailiffs Limited is licensed by the Office of Fair Trading under Consumer Credit Licence number 631168.

We take precautions to minimise the risk of this email containing a software virus but you should use virus checking software.

which i responded:

Hi,

Dont for one second think that 'Bailiffs' in your name will scare me your nothing more than a debt collectors and have no authority to carry out bailiff activities. Anyone showing up at my door thinking they can without a licence will get a familiar treatment. Also Toothfairy Finance is not a 'Client' of yours but in fact your sister company, you are owned and ran by the same staff, i am not stupid. For this reason i do not believe you can justify charging the additional fees you have for passing the file to each other.

As for your threats, they mean squat im afraid,

- you can send all the phone calls, texts and letters to my home, ignoring is a talent of mine. As for sending it to my work, well good luck with that, if you were a responsible letter and got the reuqired documentation before giving out loans you would have seen that i have been a student for the past year without a working income, so again good luck with that.

- Your agent can make visits to my premises, but again the door will be slammed in his/her face, they will have to go have a cup of tea with my old neighbour next door.

- And as you can see i have asked you already to just take me to court, i would really really really love to see how you guys present yourselves in court and answer for your unjustifiable fees as well as your behaviour as a lender, it would make my day so please feel free to take me to court, because unless you agree to my terms which i have now emailed 3 times, you will not get a single penny from me, PROMISE YOU THAT!!.

Have a good day :)

If you have got this far in this post thank you for reading through, could you guys please give me advice as to what i should do next? I do agree i owe them money but as you can see i aint paying no £832 because the fees are a joke.

Again thank you for reading this far and i look forward to your comments! :)

Good evening

I'm an employee of a different lender, and this companies reckless lending and ridiculous procedures are well known to us competetors. I would not send any more emails, they will not have a leg to stand on if they did entertain a court with this case as they obv did no income checks when the loan was given out. Obv the tarnished credit file and annoying calls/letters you'll get are another matter - I'd get in touch with OFT (although some responsibility is also yours for taking out a loan you did not repay so you might not get anywhere with OFT until new legislations are brought in). Hope this helps!

Good evening

I'm an employee of a different lender, and this companies reckless lending and ridiculous procedures are well known to us competetors. I would not send any more emails, they will not have a leg to stand on if they did entertain a court with this case as they obv did no income checks when the loan was given out. Obv the tarnished credit file and annoying calls/letters you'll get are another matter - I'd get in touch with OFT (although some responsibility is also yours for taking out a loan you did not repay so you might not get anywhere until new legislations are brought in).

Hi,

Thanks for commenting, yeah i realised they were just a bunch of idiots a bit too late. As for the calls i have pretty much blocked them from contacting me using an app on my phone and also on my landline :D As for the tarnished credit file, well i will wait and see as any time i have had a loan with them they have never reported it. I will write to the OFT tonight to file a complaint, i know it might be a stupid question but what would you advise i highlight in my complaint from the above evidence?

many thanks in advance

I need some advice.

Its been a year (June 12) since my last payment. I have paid £468 on a £472 loan - I owe £4 which is an oversight on my part. Anyways MHB who have been harrassing me for for the past 16 months are now asking for £3 (disregarding that I have already paid £472). They hadnt contacted me for the past six months since January 13 when I recieved an email stating that all fees will be dropped but I MUST call them. I had returned the email saying thanks and I will not call and everything must be done in writing. I even went as far as telling them I am deaf - its poor I know but dirty tactics have to be treated with dirty tactics. I was under the impression, seeing as I hadnt heard a peep from them for the last six months, that this matter was now closed. Obviously not - it is just their way to rack up the charges.

Anyways my question is two fold - a) the fact I owe £4 is there a case that they rightfully added £3k worth of charges and would the courts listen? and b) how do I actually get rid of them? I have complained complained complained to no avail. MHB just do not listen and will not talk on phone - its making my life a misery and if I hear 'Kirks' voice again ill find him - such an annoying voice.

Another question is seriously what are the regulatory bodies doing about this? I have read on this website that they are investigating but how long does an investigation take on thousands of complaints over blatant disregard for rules?

Many thanks

If they went to court with a debt for £4 and 3k of added charges, they would be laughed out of court fast and possibly reprimanded by the judge. The most a judge would likely do is ask you if you have the £4 on you and hand it to their agent. It is very doubtful they would even go near court though, as the judge would probably issue a declaration to the OFT about them. The last thing Mr larholt needs right now is to face a court.

If they went to court with a debt for £4 and 3k of added charges, they would be laughed out of court fast and possibly reprimanded by the judge. The most a judge would likely do is ask you if you have the £4 on you and hand it to their agent. It is very doubtful they would even go near court though, as the judge would probably issue a declaration to the OFT about them. The last thing Mr larholt needs right now is to face a court.

Well thats good. Ill pay the £4 the thing is I just changed my account because of them and to pay it using my account they may have my details no? and you just never know what those peasants will do.

I admitted that it was an oversight the reason it was an oversight is that they raided my bank a while ago and took what they could.

The thing is even if I pay £4 they will still be on my case and its become so so tiresome. Everyday its just tiring. You just never know what they will do. I have also moved out in the past two months so my old address is my parents so im worried that they will send an agent round to my parents (my mum is poorly ill and have warned them).

Well thats good. Ill pay the £4 the thing is I just changed my account because of them and to pay it using my account they may have my details no? and you just never know what those peasants will do.

I admitted that it was an oversight the reason it was an oversight is that they raided my bank a while ago and took what they could.

The thing is even if I pay £4 they will still be on my case and its become so so tiresome. Everyday its just tiring. You just never know what they will do. I have also moved out in the past two months so my old address is my parents so im worried that they will send an agent round to my parents (my mum is poorly ill and have warned them).

Thats what these companys do. They harass, threaten and intimidate you to breaking point. They know its wrong, they know its against every rule in the book, but because they are dealing with the poor and vulnerable of society, they know that almost everyone burys their heads in the sand or caves in to pressure.

Thats what these companys do. They harass, threaten and intimidate you to breaking point. They know its wrong, they know its against every rule in the book, but because they are dealing with the poor and vulnerable of society, they know that almost everyone burys their heads in the sand or caves in to pressure.

That is true - I have NEVER EVER come across anything like them before. They are real cretins I mean other PDLs from my experience (not used them in 18 months) are ok and arent like TFF/MHB etc but these lot really are a piece of work.

You seem to know a great deal but one of my questions is WHAT are the regulatory bodies etc doing about it? You mention they break every rule book (and its not a misdemeanour or a one time thing either) yet they seem to still be operating in the manner that they do. I mean if ive only been involved for 18 months (I know I say only) then they must have been operating for YEARS.