CPP and Barclays

someonenew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just by chance I checked my credit card statement and noticed that a company called CPP had taken a payment. I had no idea who they were as this is a 0% card which I dont make purchases on.

The short story is that I contacted HSBC who told me to call CPP. After lodging a complaint as I didnt know who CPP were and asking them to cancel the policy I received a letter today saying I should contact Barclaycard as it was them who apparently sold me the policy and to assess if I am due a refund.

Apparently I agreed to this policy in 2010, I have no recollection of CPP or any type of card protection as I know it isnt needed. At this time I was at a previous address and CPP stated that they had sent me a renewal each year but to my old address and it was my duty to inform them if I moved. I have no idea how I could inform them if I didnt know that I had a policy or even if I did I would have thought it was through Barclaycard and not CPP.

Now if I did purchase this through Barclaycard and they used CPP for the product surely it would have been Barclaycard who should have informed CPP of the address change when I moved to my current address as I wouldnt have known that it was CPP providing the service.

Im now prepared for a to and fro between the two

Edited by someonenew

CPP is an insurance against identity theft, loss of credit/bank cards even loss of keys. The premium is paid once a year, the company providing it have been fined 10.5 million for mis-selling as generally the consumer had cover elsewhere several banks have stopped selling it [was usually sold when you activated your card] , so yes contact barclaycard to claim refund as CPP themslves are in financial trouble

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 8 months later...