Welcome / Hegarty LLP Claim Form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me, as I've received a claim from these also for a loan of £2000 from 2006.

I'm 100% certain I was mis-sold the PPI as I sent the forms off with that part unticked, which they RETURNED advising I must tick the box for it in order to complete the loan.

I only heard from this IND Ltd in the middle of last month for the first time, I hadn't heard from Welcome for nearly 3 years prior to this at all!

I just need to know what to do as I'm certain that the majority of the sum (nearly 3,000-odd at least) is made of interest and charges due to the PPI (I likely would have settled the original loan had the PPI not been bolted on to it!).

I actually rang the FSCS number this morning to look into making a claim against Welcome for the PPI,

when a woman advised me that I should contact the broker who initiated the loan

- they are UCC Plc (Unsecured Credit Company Plc)

- which has been in liquidation since May 2010 according to Companies House;

also the number given of 0870 7773277 is no longer in service.

At work at moment, so if needs be will post docs later - can anyone advise in interim what to do?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Matt I would disregard UCC PLC and instigate a claim against WF.Get this into place to coincide with any defence you will be considering in mitigation of their claim.

You have 33 days in total (5 deemed served so 28) 14 to acknowledge service on line MCOL and a further 14 days to submit any defence ( if you intend defending)

If you could type out the Particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round up the claim value.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Righto,,

You say the Issue date is 7th May so your timeline is..

Issue Date 7th May + 5 for service = 12 May + 14 days to acknowledge = 26 May + 14 to submit defence = 9th June.

Did they send you a Default notice because they don't mention this in their claim form.

When was the last date you made payment to this account ?

Do you have a copy of the agreement ?

Also, do you have any statements so that you can produce a spread sheet for the mis sold PPI ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Everything I have is pretty much what you see on here today... :|

Last payment would have been nearly 5/6 years ago..

Can anyone advise what will I need to do from this point?

My wife and I are terrified as we've only just had our 2nd child,

this is the LAST thing we could have done with!! :pray:

Righto,,

You say the Issue date is 7th May so your timeline is..

Issue Date 7th May + 5 for service = 12 May + 14 days to acknowledge = 26 May + 14 to submit defence = 9th June.

Did they send you a Default notice because they don't mention this in their claim form.

When was the last date you made payment to this account ?

Do you have a copy of the agreement ?

Does this mean if I acknowledge the claim today/tomorrow, I've got 14 days then to submit a defence?

Sorry for all the questions but I've never had this happen before!

Does this mean if I acknowledge the claim today/tomorrow, I've got 14 days then to submit a defence?

Sorry for all the questions but I've never had this happen before!

No, it is irrelevant if you acknowledge the claim today or tomorrow or by the 26th May.. you will still have the full 33 days from date of issue which will be the 9th of June as the final day for submitting your defence. . The dates I gave you are staging points. You MUST have acknowledged the claim by 26th May and you MUST have submitted your defence by 9th June.

HTH makes things clearer for you.

Everything I have is pretty much what you see on here today... :|

Last payment would have been nearly 5/6 years ago..

Can anyone advise what will I need to do from this point? My wife and I are terrified as we've only just had our 2nd child, this is the LAST thing we could have done with!! :pray:

It would be really good if you could establish when the last payment was indeed made. If longer than 6 years ago, then it could possibly be statute barred - this means although the debt hasn't gone away, then they are unable to sue for the monies.

You need to send the following letter to the solicitors who are acting on behalf of the claimant. Their name and address are on the claim form. Please send it via recorded delivery so that you know that is has been delivered. Read the letter carefully and add the relevant information where prompted.

CRP 31:14 template from the legal library

You will also need to send a CPR part 18 in order to establish if a Default Notice was issued - it isn't mentioned on the claim form, so you cant request it in the CPR31.14. I will sort out a draft CPR 18 for you and pop it up later on today.

Ok, here is a draft CPR Part 18 request - Please amend where necessary.. Name of Court, Court references , your address etc and send this to the Solicitors named on the claim form as well. You can actually pop it in the same envelope as the CPR 31.14 request. On the bottom of the CPR31.14 request pop the following

"Enclosed also - CPR Part 18 request"

This is just to ensure that they cannot say that there was only one request enclosed in the envelope.

[ATTACH]43799[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

" Thanks for this, will try to get this off tomorrow. Do I need to do anything re my PPI claim as yet?
"

Already stated in Post #2.

Andy

Just referring back to what CB has requested Matt.......Its vital that you check the last payment date to this account as it will have a completely different effect on your response.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

It might be worth a quick call to Welcome to establish when the last payment was made to them.

BCOBS

OK, in regards to the PPI - I received the below e-mail:

"Thank you for your email received on 14 May 2013 regarding your Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) query.

In response to your email received on 10 May 2013 requesting an Application Form, on this occasion we will not be issuing one to you.

After reviewing your claim, it has come to our attention that you have already received full compensation in respect of the PPI policy which was taken out with Welcome Financial Services Limited (WFSL).

This compensation was previously paid to you by WFSL under reference xxxx/xxxxx.

On 12 February 2010 you signed an Acceptance Form from WFSL accepting your PPI compensation figure. On 18 February 2010 you received £1544.55 in compensation that was applied to your loan account number xxxxxxx."

So that's the PPI route closed off (completely forgot about doing this also).

I still think the majority of that is down to charges though.

What options have I got now defence-wise? There's no way I can afford £3,600!

Shall I still send the CPRs off? Am waiting until tomorrow so I can get to the PO.

[EDIT: CPRs sent off today]

Edited by Jimmy Jangle

Just referring back to what CB has requested Matt.......Its vital that you check the last payment date to this account as it will have a completely different effect on your response.

It might be worth a quick call to Welcome to establish when the last payment was made to them.

Anyone?

Cant advise further until you answer the above.

Regards

Andy

A credit from them but its a not a payment or acknowledgement from you.

OK, had the copy of agreement, T&Cs, statement of acc - 8 pages worth, and a notice of arrears, but it doesn't look like I've had a response to the part 18 request.

capitalisation anyone? I was paying 170 quid a month and a few days later nearly 150 was put back on,?

Indeed I've been having a gander, hopefully we can both see a resolution in our favour!

Incidentally, did you get the replies to the CPRs in one, as I've not had a response to the part 18 as yet, although i sent them off in the same envelope?

feel a bit sick now, i paid over 5k up to Jan 2010! Surely I've got them by the balls over these charges?

Righto, copy of agreement and statement attached. Looks like a lot of shady things going on that account, wouldn't you agree?:evil:

Nothing received in regard to my Part 18 request though - any recourse there?

Was also wondering, if I am to fill out the penalty charges sheet, as Sytra has got on theirs (I think dx did it) - what do I put on there?

I ask because there are so many things masquerading as one thing or another so I want to make sure I'm 100% before I take my defence to them?

Edited by Jimmy Jangle

As they advised in the email that they refunded PPI. Doesn't that count as a payment? That was Feb 2010.

A credit from them but its a not a payment or acknowledgement from you.

As you should never have been paying the PPI anyway, I am not sure they can class that as a payment or acknowledgement from you ?

BCOBS

Not sure myself, but i was making payments pretty much up to the point when i got the refund. It's not so much acknowledging it now as clawing back the charges because it appears I've been well and truly stiffed!

Any ideas? I know I've got until June 9th, but I'm desperate to know if there's anything i can do ��

put these in the spready

add hoc fee

telephone call fees

outside call fee

fees refund [make sure you put it in as a - [minus figure] put a - first]

dd cancel fee

letter fee

fee assessment

enter everyone with its date

...use this spread

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

put their int rate in cell d15

58.77%

me thinks you owe NOWT

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...