• Tweets

• Forgive my ignorance but I assume take out dates would be when next payment is usually due? Jacamo is the 10th of each month Vanquis is usually the 6th or 7th of each month
    • Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Extended warranty woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am at odds with an extended warranty. Please please someone provide me with some guiadance.

1. I purchased a machine, and an extended warranty. I cant post the link cos am a new joiner, but itis sold by Co-op, and the sales pitch goes as follows:

*For complete peace of mind we offer an optional warranty extension on most of the appliances we sell.

Offering cover for all parts, labour and call out (including new for old replacement) an extended warranty is a cost effective way to protect your new appliance.

The warranty extension may be purchased either at the point of sale or at any time within the manufacturers guarantee period as it is an extension to this.

Example: An appliance with a 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee and a 5 year extended warranty option would be covered for an additional 4 years.

When you take out a warranty extension the paperwork will be posted out by the provider within 90 days.

Our extended warranty is provided by Corporate Support Solutions whose full terms and conditions can be found on the following "

2.Reading the sales pitch there, especially the bit concerning "including new for old", I purchased the warranty.

3. The appliance broke down, and the warranty company spent 6 months during which I had to make many many calls, send letters etc. They finally offered me a replacement machine that has a much inferior spec. I rejected this idea.

My questions are:

a. Am I obliged to accept an inferior machine?

b. Exactly what am I entitled to? Am I entitled to insist on an exact same machine? What if the machine is superceded by a newer version?

I admit that I did not read the terms and conditions, but so what? The sales pitch ought to form part of any terms and conditions.

Edited by harrap

Hello and welcome to CAG..

First things first, and for anyone else reading this thread, Warranties are a waste of money!

You have SOGA which lasts for up to 6 years, any warranty they offer is an extra, well extra money for them. Unless the warranty is claiming to cover you for something else that is NOT in your rights under SOGA then it is a waste of money.

Now, how soon after you bought the machine did it fail? A week month 6 months?

Forget the warranty, have a read up on SOGA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Since the warranty provider wont fully fund a replacement, can I accept their cheque, and go after the retailer to make up the difference?

Where do I stand though, with the warranty provider, since I have already paid the premium? Should I be entitled to a new for old? After all, that is what the advert says?

Edited by harrap
added extra material

in this case I would go with the extended warranty and demand NEW FOR OLD

as SOGA will only get you a refund pr replacement of todays value.

as the policy states

if you wish

scan up the policy

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx100uk, thank you conniff for your advice. I finally feel I am getting somewhere. Heres the policy document attached.

Edited by harrap

. In the event that the parts for a Productare no longer available,

or the Product is beyond economical repair,

Wewill base Our settlement on the replacement cost of the same or similar modelat the time of the breakdown.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

. In the event that the parts for a Productare no longer available,

or the Product is beyond economical repair,

Wewill base Our settlement on the replacement cost of the same or similar modelat the time of the breakdown.

I am trying to figure out what that means.

1. Does it mean they dont have to supply a new machine but pay a sum of money instead?

2. The machine is just over 2 years old. It has been superceded by a newer model. The newer model is on sale for £524. I paid £448.

My question is, how much am I entitled to receive? 524 or 448?

Does depreciation come into it ?

Also, what about delivery/removal costs? Am I entitled to receive these?

And what about installing it?

Edited by harrap

as post one

new for old

where did that come from?

dx

and they

as post one

new for old

where did that come from?

dx

That is on the retailer's website where they provide the option to purchase the goods and extended warranty. There is a button you press for more information about the extended warranty and when pressed, the paragraph that comes up is included in the first post above.

Edited by harrap

thrn I would demand the newer one

dx

and they

From whom? The retailer or the warranty provider? The warranty provider has offered the original price I paid.They say they cant pay any more than what I paid. They say the newer model is not the same as the older one. They say my model is SMSl12, whereas the new one is SMSl22.

Edited by harrap

This is the Coop website link: http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/eStore/Content/Warranties/

It states:

Warranty

For complete peace of mind we offer an optional warranty extension on most of the appliances we sell.

Offering cover for all parts, labour and call out (including new for old replacement) an extended warranty is a cost effective way to protect your new appliance.

The warranty extension may be purchased either at the point of sale or at any time within the manufacturers guarantee period as it is an extension to this.

Example: An appliance with a 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee and a 5 year extended warranty option would be covered for an additional 4 years.

When you take out a warranty extension the paperwork will be posted out by the provider within 90 days

Our extended warranty is provided by Corporate Support Solutions whose full terms and conditions can be found on the following.

Have also done a screenshot of the Coop website link in PDF for you attached below.

Now when you look at the below PDF T&C you will notice their is also no mention of New for Old anywhere.

This is Corporate Support Solutions Terms and Conditions in PDF:

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

thrn I would demand the newer one

dx

From whom? The retailer or the warranty provider? The warranty provider has offered the original price I paid.They say they cant pay any more than what I paid. They say the newer model is not the same as the older one. They say my model is SMSl12, whereas the new one is SMSl22.

The warranty provides for new for old replacement. If they are settling by way of cash to enable you to replace, then it is the value of the new model. It is not your problem that their replacement model has a different number, with updated features. For them to only pay the price you paid, there would have to be a clause in the contract, which limited the value of a claim in this way. Advise whoever is dealing with this to think about it or you will ask Trading Standards to intervene.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The warranty provides for new for old replacement. If they are settling by way of cash to enable you to replace, then it is the value of the new model. It is not your problem that their replacement model has a different number, with updated features. For them to only pay the price you paid, there would have to be a clause in the contract, which limited the value of a claim in this way. Advise whoever is dealing with this to think about it or you will ask Trading Standards to intervene.

Thank you unclebulgaria7 for your clarification. Just one thing, you say " their replacement model ".......Question is who do you mean. The warranty provider does not have a list. The manufacturer has discontinued the old model, and a new one is on sale, with identical specification bar one, and that is it is quieter.

If I may take the liberty, and muddy the waters a bit, I have already replaced my machine, and am looking for a cash refund. I did so, because they were not responding to my letters/faxes etc. It is 6 months since the failure, and I needed the machine to do its job. Can I insist on a cash refund?

Thank you unclebulgaria7 for your clarification. Just one thing, you say " their replacement model ".......Question is who do you mean. The warranty provider does not have a list. The manufacturer has discontinued the old model, and a new one is on sale, with identical specification bar one, and that is it is quieter.

If I may take the liberty, and muddy the waters a bit, I have already replaced my machine, and am looking for a cash refund. I did so, because they were not responding to my letters/faxes etc. It is 6 months since the failure, and I needed the machine to do its job. Can I insist on a cash refund?

If you phone the Citizens Advice number in this link, they will guide you on the consumer law that will help you. I think you should be entitled to the current cash price of the replacement model. Where I am not sure, is whether this is the retailer, warranty company or manufacturers who are liable. The Citizens Advice people should know the answer, as they will deal with this situation on a daily basis.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/contact.cfm?frmAlias=/contact/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you phone the Citizens Advice number in this link, they will guide you on the consumer law that will help you. I think you should be entitled to the current cash price of the replacement model. Where I am not sure, is whether this is the retailer, warranty company or manufacturers who are liable. The Citizens Advice people should know the answer, as they will deal with this situation on a daily basis.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/contact.cfm?frmAlias=/contact/

Thank you again unclebulgaria7. I certainly will. I feel so much better now with all the assistance I have been given here.