• Tweets

• what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
    • moved to the debt self help forum. plenty of like threads here to read along with the ones you've done so far..good work. last thing you ever want to do is look at any kind of IVO/BK or anything alike concerning consumer debt, never do that, turns unsecured debts into secured ones in many instances. your best bet for now is p'haps looks at  Options for dealing with your debts: Breathing Space (Debt Respite Scheme) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) sadly you have to go thru one of the free debt charities to invoke that but DON'T be tempted to also open up a DMP with them, just get the Breathing Space done. get that in place that gives you at leasy 60 days buffer you've also goto to realise you'll probably get a default once breathing space is in place, bit if not it might pay you to withhold payments even after BS then p'haps re start payments once a DN for each debt is issued and registered. at least that way, whatever happens in 6yrs the debt will drop off dx  
    • Hello, I am a private seller and recently sold a pair of trainers on eBay.  Everything seemed fine until just after the eBay 30 day mbg had expired.  The buyer contacted me with photos showing me that both shoes had ripped.  He wanted his money back, and after refusing to refund him, he then left me retaliatory and defamatory feedback on my profile to the effect that I had sold him fake trainers (this was removed by eBay).  He then initiated a chargeback via Paypal.  Invariably, the outcome was in his favour, and I have now been charged for the cost of the trainers.  I would have also been stung for the chargeback fee, but eBay refunded this.  Incidentally, I do have the email receipt of the trainers from when I bought them from a well-established and bona fide online retailer.  The susbequent conversation with eBay followed its predictable course, i.e. the chargeback is out of their hands etc. I have been in contact with citizens advice, and my bank.  Citizens advice told me that as a private seller I'm responsible for the "Title and description" of the goods, but not the performance, or the fitness for purpose.  To me it is clear; if you receive something that's not as described, you don't then use the goods, and more than 30 days later claim 'not as described'.  In my mind, this makes the claim fraudulent.  He's used the 'they're fake' card to give credence to a 'not as described' claim here, obviously, without any evidence.  My understanding is that the chargeback is unlawful, because the trainers were shipped as described.  However, I read something on an eBay forum regarding sellers having no statutory rights, i.e. no right to appeal against a chargeback decision, or to complain to the financial ombudsman.  Does this mean that if my bank disputes the charge on my behalf, it will be to no avail, even if it's recognisably a fraudulent chargeback?  I have reported it via the Action fraud website. Any advice, anyone?  Would be most grateful!
    • Thank you, I have drafted my letters and started to complete the reply form, printed from this site and not using the one they provided.    2 questions, on the forum link it says to tick box D & I, the reason for box D will be given on my thread, what would my answer be to "I dispute the debt"?  Do I send anything for the Vodafone debt they have included?  I've only done 118 loan s. 77 & capital one credit cards so. 78    Thank you  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

JD Wetherspoons CEO Email address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently the Manager at my local JD Wetherspoons Lloyds Bar, has lost the plot, and has begun barring people for raising concerns and complaints about the Pub.

I am looking for the email address, or physical address of the CEO John Hutson, as the head office are incompetent at the very best, simply churning out standard letter templates saying how sorry they are, and generally saying whatever they think you want to hear.

He is clearly threatened and is hiding something, otherwise he wouldn't have barred me, (getting one of his staff to do the dirty work).

I would have thought that any manager worth his salt would have approached me and asked me what the issues were, and address my concerns?

However, he hasn't done this, so I can only surmise that he is guilty of something which he wishes to keep hidden.

I couldn't care less about being allowed back in, as the pub next door is cheaper, cleaner, and customer focused, I am concerned that they (JD) will not address customers concerns, and simply bar them to get them out of the way..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

[email protected]

Keep the link HB posted in your favourites for future use.

Oh you little dancer!!! :whoo:

Many thanks for that little gem Coniff, and thank you too HB, I got that site bookmarked but couldn't find the info I needed, maybe I wasn't looking hard enough?

I will update this thread with any success, or otherwise when I have compiled my letter/email of complaint... :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi BB. It's not immediately obvious, but when you get through to this page after you've entered the company name, you click on the guy's name and it shows all the information.

UK Companies

Contact Name and E-mail Address

(Click on the blue text)Website (www) | Tel t.png | Twitter favicon.ico | Facebook favicon.ico | YouTube favicon.ico | Google Map favicon.ico | Customer Services (CS)NotesJ D Wetherspoone.pngJohn Hutson, Chief Executive

wwwt.pngf.icofavicon.icofavicon.icofavicon.ico

t.pngCS

1 e-mail address found

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 4 weeks later...

Well as expected really,

It all started off well, with a response from his PA within 20 minutes of emailing him, saying they would look into the matter urgently, then they passed it onto the Head of customer services, who simply disregarded all of my concerns, claiming that they do abide by relevant DPA, all signs are in place yadda yadda yadda, and they deem the matter closed and will not enter into any further correspondence about the issue??

Disappointed and very annoyed, a classic Profit before people organisation.

yip......only when they start losing enough customers will they deal with anything.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

What was the reason for your complaint? Maybe theres another way to force their hand.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well....

I first raised concerns when it first opened and they were storing chairs and tables in the fire escapes, I raised this issue immediately with my LA and the FB who carried out an inspection.

Signs were taken down off the door saying it was a fire escape, although it took them a further 14 months to remove the bulkhead maintained emergency light from above the door.

There were others concerns also, the latest being the price hike two days before the budget, of the pint of beer by forty pence!

However, they have now introduced a 'scannet' system, which they demand and force customers to hand over their driving licence or passport so they can scan it into the system, and take their photograph otherwise they are refused entry.

I have it in black and white that ID 'is' a condition of entry, BUT the scannet system is purely 'voluntary', something which the paramilitary doorstaff fail to inform customers, and the DPA sign, is a piece of A4 paper hidden away in the corner of the entrance which you can't see until you have had you passport or DL copied.

That was the final straw with the manager, who has barred most of the regulars who have questioned him. Only last night a friend who is a regular in their, and had been in their earlier with his family having some food,was refused entry because he didn't have a passport or DL to have scanned, he has vowed to never go in there again he is absolutely livid.

I am confident they are in breach of the DPA, there is no adequate signage, customers are not informed that their details are sold on to marketing companies, it just smacks of data mining to me!

yip......only when they start losing enough customers will they deal with anything.

As above.

Why not organise something, get some friends to gather with you and some placards. It's worked elsewhere. We have threads on here where people have sat outside a garage with a van and huge painted sign on it denouncing the garage and it worked.

Find all the review sites you can and put your info in there for the world to see.

[so I'm a not driver and gone into town for a bit of entertainment, why would I have my passport with me or perhaps I don't even have a passport.]

Edited by Conniff

Bizarre situation. I should imagine that there has been some trouble in this particular establishment and perhaps the management are under pressure to sort it out. If this is not the case, then it is a really odd situation, which will kill off the business over a period of time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Easy way to sort this out. Get in touch with the local press and have them investigate.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Hi Bazooka bill,never come accross this in a JD pub where abouts in the land is it,I go to the Linen Hall in Enniskillien Northern Ireland and the Standing order and Babbington arms in Derby and no ID required in any of them.

Living in the wild windy west of Ireland

There are 3-4 wetherspoons near me, and i cant recall ever being asked for ID. Imho it really sounds suspect that he asks for ID before allowing you in or serving you. Perhaps get teh ICO involved or at least ask them what they are allowed to do, and if they are allowed to collect data in this way.

It may be that there are conditions attached to the premises licence worth looking at it you can get a copy from your LA. Not good but as I dislike Weatherspoons in general it dosnt surprise me although to be fair they can ban who they like for any reason just don't like their shoes for example as long as its not discriminatory, I personally would go elsewhere to drink because I don't think complaints will make a blind bit of difference

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

The ICO is my next port of call, I am going to give them a ring this week.

They have been told to use this device (scannet) by the local police, it's not a part of their licence...........yet!

And no other watering hole in the vicinity uses this system, and yes they are doing a great job of alienating the regulars, I can see this being turned into them being discriminatory, I don't have a driving licence due to disability, and why would I need to go out with a very valuable passport?

Local rag I think is another angle....

I would make their actions public, then go drink somewhere else. Theyll soon learn when their business fails to turn a profit and the manager gets fired or 'relocated'.

Tril advisor updated.... and there must be at least 15 regulars who no longer use the place now. We all drink next door! :thumb:

Must say, the call to the ICO was very painless, cheers!

Spoke to a very polite lad, explained my concerns and he gave me an email address to send them the evidence too, hopefully they will investigate....hopefully!

I don't doubt that they won't stop the use of this intrusive system, but at the very least it might force the manager to place legally compliant signs at the door or inside, rather than hidden away in the corner where no-one can see or have the option to opt out of the selling on of their details to marketing companies!

Local Rag next..

Yes I know, it's not my intention to have them remove the system, it's simply to force them to act in a way that isn't so dishonest and draconian.

I do know of other venues that use the system, but at least they have educated door staff and the relevant legally compliant signs in place, and they do not force 100% of the customers to have their ID scanned and copied, nor their photograph and fingerprints taken. This is what I strongly object to, I'm perfectly happy to produce ID on the door to prove my age, but I am never going to permit anyone to photocopy my passport or drivers licence just to have a pint.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
What's the latest on this one, Bazooka?

My apologies, don't know why it didn't flag up in my inbox?

The latest is that a very large group of us who used to use this drinking hole have now voted with our feet and drink elsewhere.

There is plenty of disgruntled views on Tripadvisor about this place too.

With a little luck it will lose it's licence as it is the starting point for fight nights on the weekend.

• 1 year later...

I am not surprised by your findings or comments. I have recently had the same findings by another Wetherspoon, manager [edited, please do not name individuals] - looks about as experienced as a *** in a make up parlour. Bad attitude, bad management, head office notification is a completes waste of time, they obviously like employing people with attitude.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms removed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks