G24 Contractual Parking Charge Notice ... To Pay or Not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received my first parking charge notice today .. its from G24, was about to pay it when i decided to research into it a bit more and found that many people do not pay fines from these types of companies.

The notice states that i went over the free parking of 150 minutes, my parking period was 207 minutes.. they have cctv pictures of my car entering and leaving the retail car park (with the time and date). Also i am sure there is a sign entering the car park about the terms and conditions etc.

So my question is should i pay or not? its £36.00 if i pay within 14 days or it goes up to £60.00 after 14 days.

Many Thanks in advance :)

its is not a fine

its a speculative invoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmm, i have read through some other posts on here and all of them say ignore, like both of you (many thanks for the responses) :) Has anyone done this and been successful? How long did it take for them to stop? I am just worried that if i ignore, it will get worse as i suppose i was in the wrong in staying over the maximum free parking.

To my understanding, if the 'invoice' is issued by a private company they have no leg to stand on, they can pursue as much as they want to and they cannot do anything, then they will pass it over to the debt recovery company, which they cant do anything without it going to court (is there a chance that ill receive an appearance from the bailiffs?). I know it is very unlikely that it will go to court, if it does what would happen? would i have to fork out for the court fee and also the increasing fine?

Im sorry if i sound like a ninny, but this is my first ticket and i feel so lost in what to do as they have cctv pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park.

Many Thanks again :p

it is NOT A FINE

nowhere does ANY of the paperwork use that word.

I understand your concerns

but you really need to read up more

stay firm and ignore them.

lots of scary red letters from various fleecers to come

all saying we MAY. might,instructed. could. minded

they never ever say WILL.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you sign a contract with tis compamy when you parked your car? No you didnt. It is am implied contract and has little strength to it for several reasons. You could ask the company for a copy of the contract you signed as only a contract where each party has equal rights of negotiation is enforceable. Also, the land most likely belongs to someone else so the parking company will have to show an interest in the land and prove a loss that is a consequence of your trespass or breach of the contract. As it is a free car park owned by someone else they ill fail to prove either so any action by them gainst you is doomed to fail if defended and may be vexatious

• 8 months later...

where did you get that load of BS from!!!

dx

and they

mouseworqs

you say demand with menaces. that is a very strong accusation. When did you last hear from G24 because by now (if contemporaneous with original posting) they have little chance of recovering any money from you as the keeper of the vehicle and so unless they have been demanding monies recently I would leave things alone. If they have been asking you to cough up then tell us what the letters say exactly and we will tell you the best way to respond. You seem to have not considered the different forms of contract and parking companies rely mostly on an interpretation of unilateral contract law that has never been tested in a higher court.

• 1 year later...

Question? Am unclear how threads work (bit of a techy thicky so sorry if this isn't the right way)...Got a PCN from G24 who took pics of car blah blah - looked at Forum and saw a response about sending a letter stating they have no legal standing and not to acknowlege being registered keeper etc - used the letter advised and got a long winded letter in response which I didn;t understand, but basically poo pooing POPLA? ,,,,anyway since then three debt recovery letters threatening which igrnored - now have one with notice of intended court action unless I pay up immediately.....am I standing firm and ignoring?

Start a new thread

Dx

and they