Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder stephWah Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

Default G24 Contractual Parking Charge Notice ... To Pay or Not?

Received my first parking chargeicon notice today .. its from G24, was about to pay it when i decided to research into it a bit more and found that many people do not pay fines from these types of companies.

The notice states that i went over the free parking of 150 minutes, my parking period was 207 minutes.. they have cctv pictures of my car entering and leaving the retail car park (with the time and date). Also i am sure there is a sign entering the car park about the terms and conditions etc.

So my question is should i pay or not? its 36.00 if i pay within 14 days or it goes up to 60.00 after 14 days.

Many Thanks in advance

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2012
    I am in
    somewhere

Default Re: G24 Contractual Parking Charge Notice ... To Pay or Not?

I would not pay them
    you will get more begging letters asking you for money

It is a free car park there loss is nothing

If i have helped in any way hit my star.
    any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

its is not a fine

its a speculative invoice

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder stephWah Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2013

Hmm, i have read through some other posts on here and all of them say ignoreicon, like both of you (many thanks for the responses) Has anyone done this and been successful? How long did it take for them to stop? I am just worried that if i ignoreicon, it will get worse as i suppose i was in the wrong in staying over the maximum free parking.

To my understanding, if the 'invoice' is issued by a private company they have no leg to stand on, they can pursue as much as they want to and they cannot do anything, then they will pass it over to the debt recovery company, which they cant do anything without it going to court (is there a chance that ill receive an appearance from the bailiffs?). I know it is very unlikely that it will go to court, if it does what would happen? would i have to fork out for the court fee and also the increasing fine?

Im sorry if i sound like a ninny, but this is my first ticket and i feel so lost in what to do as they have cctv pictures of my car entering and leaving the car park.

Many Thanks again :P

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

it is NOT A FINE

nowhere does ANY of the paperwork use that word.

I understand your concerns

but you really need to read up more

stay firm and ignoreicon them.

lots of scary red letters from various fleecers to come

all saying we MAY. might,instructed. could. minded

they never ever say WILL.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

did you sign a contract with tis compamy when you parked your car? No you didnt. It is am implied contract and has little strength to it for several reasons. You could ask the company for a copy of the contract you signed as only a contract where each party has equal rights of negotiation is enforceable. Also, the land most likely belongs to someone else so the parking company will have to show an interesticon in the land and prove a loss that is a consequence of your trespass or breach of the contract. As it is a free car park owned by someone else they ill fail to prove either so any action by them gainst you is doomed to fail if defended and may be vexatious

Basic Account Holder mouseworqs Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2014

correspondence to G24 .....

your reference

XXXXX00000ZZZ

Notice to Principal is Notice to Agent; Notice to Agent is Notice toPrincipal

Sirs

I am inreceipt of your demand with menaces for money appertaining to the parking of avehicle by the forwarding of an entirely speculative invoice consequent upon apresumed contract

I donot appear to have a contract with you and as a consequence therefore must presumethat you do not have any knowledge of the alleged or purported issue and thatas a further consequence, I am forced to the conclusion that you are in fact anunauthorised interloper using intimidation and threats for your own ends.

Absentany evidence of your capacity, I have no obligation to either confirm or denyany issues with you. Accordingly, you are hereby given notice that you are in acondition of estoppelicon with regard to your claims.

Beadvised that this matter is in absolute dispute and the sum that you allege isowed is absolutely denied, disputed and rejected sincerely and without illwill, vexation or frivolity

Youmust provide the following information to validate your aggravated and hostileclaim against me. Without all of the following documents you will nothave substantiated any claim against me whatsoever for any lawful sum of money.

Theinformation you must provide, includes the following, requested of you sincerelyand without ill will, vexation or frivolity

You must firstly validate the alleged sum owed. This means you must account for your actual interesticon and provea loss that is a consequence of any purported breach of any purported contract.

Youmust secondly provide a signed copy of a contract entered into that appertainsto this issue. This must be signed by an Officer duly authorised by yourorganisation to enter into such obligations, signed in wet ink and counter-signedby myself as a bone fide contract freely entered into by both parties whereeach party has equal rights of negotiation and is enforceable

Thirdly,you must provide the actual accounting, duly signed by an authorised Officer ofyour organisation in wet ink that unequivocally establishes the actual debtnecessarily incurred by yourselves as a consequence of a lawful contract. Thismeans the actual debt arising out of a lawful contract. This does not mean lostprofits or lack of anticipated income. This means actual debt incurred by youor a third party.

Untiland unless all of the foregoing are provided in full and as a result of this,notice is hereby given that your presumed claims are insufficient, and arehereby refused for cause, without dishonour, due to the fact that you have notpresented any evidence of your capacity as either:
    1. a bona fide party to any contract in which I am also a party; or
    2. an agent of a bona fide party to any signed legally binding contract in which I am also a party; or
    3. a holder in due course of any debt to which I am obligated

You are further advised that you must not, under anycircumstances whatsoever, at any time whatsoever, instruct, delegate or informany third party to approach the residential premises addressed at thecommencement of this letter with intent to pursue any alleged issues associatedwith this matter.

Any attempt by you, or your appointed agents or any instructedthird party to enter the premises or property at this address will be regardedabsolutely as aggravated trespass and all such parties involved will be ejectedusing whatever force is commensurate with the removal of these parties fromthese premises. Any injury or damage accrued during the course of this removalwill prompt immediate action to recover such losses and damages as may beaccrued at the absolute discretion of the signatory of this communique

Be further informed, withoutill will, vexation or frivolity that until and unless all of the foregoinginformation is provided to my satisfaction, further correspondence with you, your appointed agents orany instructed third party will not be entertained at any time whatsoever. Ifurther retain the absolute right to request further information as aconsequence of the receipt of the aforementioned documentation at my absolute andsole discretion

sincerelyand without ill will, vexation or frivolity

mouseworqs

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

where did you get that load of BS from!!!

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative ericsbrother Informative

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

mouseworqs
    you say demand with menaces. that is a very strong accusation. When did you last hear from G24 because by now (if contemporaneous with original posting) they have little chance of recovering any money from you as the keeper of the vehicle and so unless they have been demanding monies recently I would leave things alone. If they have been asking you to cough up then tell us what the letters say exactly and we will tell you the best way to respond. You seem to have not considered the different forms of contract and parking companies rely mostly on an interpretation of unilateral contract law that has never been tested in a higher court.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE