Welcome Finance debt.

anney63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am just starting out looking at my friends welcome accounts as she has had some real hardship. I know there is PPI on there but Im not sure how to go about claiming the charges or do you do them both together . I have attached the account .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just working out PPI on this do I take the % of the monthly PPI and % of the monthly interest as the total PPI charged and then the % of the payment. Not as straight forward as other loans as they add the total interest on at the start . I would appreciate help Thanks

Charges ready to claim will follow with PPI . Not tried this since I claimed my sons charges in 2007 . Can someone please check sheet for me. I will need help along the way. Thank You

Hi anney. Sorry you havent had a response yet. However, someone should be along soon ( theyre probably making the most of the good weather we have right now :) ).

If nobody replies to your thread in the next day or two, click the triangle button at teh bottom of your post and ask a site admin to look in :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for your response. I have been working on the PPI spreadsheet not sure if its right or wrong but honestly this girl borrowed £1800 in 2004 hit hard times and now owes £3629.65 Please see PPI Spreadsheet not sure if this is right. Managed to get Interest stopped in 2011 .

Hi anney...sorry you have been missed.

I can see on the statement that the PPI was £724.77?

Have you got the agreement detailing the loan advance etc.?

As you say, we need to work out some percentages here and the agreement (or the figures from it) will make life easier.

Have you done a SAR to them?

If not then I would do so.

If you have and there is information missing then you need to press them for the missing data.

It would be good if we could work from good base data.

Yes I have

all they sent was a statements when I phoned them

they told me there should be another 115 pages.

I said where are they then so hopefully they should be here in the next few days

and I can do a double check on everything

apparently there was another loan before this.and this was taken out to clear that.

so I'll wait if its not here by Thursday then I will chase again and send a non compliance letter

• 2 months later...

Hi Anney

Have a read of No.1 in my signature...it will give you a good grounding in where we need to go with the calculations.

If and when you get stuck, shout here.

I have the agreements but they were taken out in 2003 -2004 will I still be able to claim PPI

yes there is no time limit on PPI reclaims

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Welcome have made an offer and they would be taking the amount off the debt. A letter was received in June stating that they had sold the debt to Aktiv and they were now responsible. Can they still take the money or should they send me the payment ??

You no longer own the alleged debt and have no right to withhold monies in respect of it. If XXXX wish to pursue me for any amount they allege I owe them, that is their prerogative.

The authority for my views is the case of Edlington Properties v. Fenner & Co. Ltd [2005] EWHC 2158 (QB) which affirms this position, that the assignor has no right of set-off to a third party (assignee) for a damages claim brought against it post-assignment, as any equitable set-off in this regard is personal in nature and the debt sold is not transferred subject to it.

Further information on the right of setoff can be found on the Financial Ombudsman’s site which clarifies in layman’s terms the rights of banks to take the action you indicated in your settlement letter. Banking: firms' right of 'set off'.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no nothing to do with AK.

reclaims come from who levied them.

dx

and they

Emm, a puzzle if the debt sold includes ALL the penalty charges then the OC has a point in saying the debt purchaser should repay them, guessing that there would be some 'intercompany' compensation deal.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The point is they would have sold the debt at a fraction of the value and I was hoping to make an offer to clear a few of my friends creditors with the cheques. All so confusing !!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Right

today I received a text from the legal guy at Welcome.

They assigned the debt to Aktiv in June .

My friend received a chase letter at the end of August after claiming chrges and PPI from Welcome.

Suddenly the debt has gone down to £756. which is the amount of the charges.

I have been chasing a response to me letter written 21st August as per DX 100 advice,.

Today I received a text stating that they will not be paying my friend as they have a contractual provision which covers this .

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this can be if they have sold the debt.

Should I ask for a copy of the remittance showing the £756 was paid to Aktiv in full.

We all know that they sll these debts at a fraction which means they not necassarily have paid the full amount of the charges of £756

My friend has not signed the paperwork stating that they can take the money off her account as Welcome no longer own it .

if they have sold the debt

there is no contractual off set they have sold all their rights

dx

and they

writing only

dx

and they