Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2006
    I am in
    Please consider making a donation if we have helped you. Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default CitiCards routinely asking fro transfers to Salford and to give secret evidence

The county courticon at Salford has confirmed that they now have quite a number of cases from around the country which have been transferred to Salford and which is the home court of CitiCards registered office.

Apparently one of CC's grounds for this is that the local court will benefit by becoming familiar with Citicards accounting procedures.

CitiCards are also routinely asking for the judge to waive advance disclosure and to receive the evidence secretly without even allowing the claimant to know what that evidence is.

You may have read elsewhere on this forum that a judge in Northern Ireland agreed to this request when CitiCards sprung an evidence ambush on LicktheWallFatBoy.

As fas as I am aware, we only know of two cases which have been transferred to Salford. Clearly there up to 10 or so others in which the claimants are either not involved in this site or else have not posted their information.

We urge anyone who has had their case transferred in this way to apply to have it transferred back and also to object to the taking of secret evidence.

If you have issued a claim against Citicards then I recommend that you send me a private message before you retrun the Allocation Questionanniare