Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Quality Bird Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Oct 2012

Default BCW, UMS Aktiv Kapital, Statute Barred

Hi All

Just a quickie!!

Today I received a Doorstep Threatogram from UMS on behalf of BCW collecting a debt owed to Aktiv Kapital.

I'm not worried, as I know that all debts I had are now statute barredicon, so I will fire off the SB letter from the libraryicon on Monday.

I can't remember who the debt was owed to originally, but it's for about 400.

I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with UMS?

Thanks

QB

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Default Re: BCW, UMS Aktiv Kapital, Statute Barred

Yes you will need to be very specific in your statements in the sb letter, eg This communication is
    formal notification that the alleged debt for xxx .xx is statute barredicon and is not an admission of
    any liability, given this information I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer payment
    in relation to the alleged debt.

Send it recorded delivery addressed to the Compliance Manager.

Cagger since
    Oct 2012

Thanks Brig, I have amended the letter and added your wording.

Another question, there is a paragraph in the letter that says: I would also point out that the OFT say under their DebtCollection Guidance on statute barredicon debt that “it is unfair to pursue thedebt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevantlimitation period”.

I have received letters from various debt collectorsicon regarding this debt, shall I remove this paragraph?

Cheers

QB

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Normal debt collectionicon letters ARE NOT considered ''contact''during the relevant limitations period, the starting of court action or issue of a statutory demand would be considered relevant contact as proof of receipt eg acknowledgment of service is required.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Oct 2012

Cheers Brig, I'll leave it in then
    QB

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

No problem!!

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE