Laptop Insurance Claim Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Seen some great information and insight on this forum so I thought I would pose this question.

My girlfriend dropped her laptop which is covered by our contents insurance with Natwest, we also have the accidental damage cover.

I have yet to make the claim as their claims department is closed but I will be calling them on Monday. I would like some advice in regards to proof of purchase of the laptop. I actually won the laptop a few years ago in a sales competition at work so don't have any direct proof that I bought the laptop, I do however have all the packaging for the product and obviously still have possession of the damaged laptop. I just wanted to ask if the fact I won the laptop could affect coverage of the device?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nope. Shouldnt affect it at all. The only thing that would affect it is if it wasn't your property.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How you purchased it is no concern of an insurance agency. What matters is that it is your property and you give 100% accurate info to the insurers.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

How you purchased it is no concern of an insurance agency. What matters is that it is your property and you give 100% accurate info to the insurers.

This.

Your property is covered by the policy, even if it was given to you, won by you or bought by you. Sometimes they'll ask for receipts but if you say that this item was won, its a very valid reason not to have one if they needed it. I'm sure you'll be fine.