Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Piano Cube Novitiate Piano Cube's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Default Ingeus - Advisor Harassment/Data Protection

So I'm with the work programme and have been taking temp work with agencies for a few weeks here and there over the last few months. I sign off JSA, then do a rapid reclaim so that DWP know the situation. I don't always tell my Ingeus Advisor and over the last week he has been demanding to know all the work info which I didn't think was relevant for him to know. After bombarding me with phone callsicon and answer messages, he phoned one of the agencies and they gave him details of all the temp work I had done.
    I would just like to know where I stand. How much information do I have to give to Ingeus, why did this agency give out all this personal information to a stranger on the phone. Also as I now look like a pillock with the one agency and will never get any temp work again through them, will he now call round the other agencies demanding information, basically killing my chances of temp work.

Long post, but would appreciate any advice thanks.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Default Re: Ingeus - Advisor Harassment/Data Protection

You need to remove your consent. They ask so they can get payments for you working.

Basic Account Holder dyfed Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nystagmite View Post
    You need to remove your consent. They ask so they can get payments for you working.
    I agree and also tell them where to go if they contact you. This is nothing short of harrasment.

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Remove my consent from DWP contacting Ingeus?

Basic Account Holder Nimitz Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2012
    I am in
    The Land of Nod

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2109 View Post
    Remove my consent from DWP contacting Ingeus?
    Hiya Rob

You can remove your data consent which makes it illegal for Ingeus to contact any third party regarding you. (except DWP)... withdrawing consent is perfectly legal and within the DWP rules.

It also means that when you find a job, Ingeus cannot acquire the details they require from your employer, which means they cannot claim any money..

This in turn means Ingeus wont waste their time on you and they will see you less and less.

If you need a letter to with draw consent, let me know.. davenimitz@gmail.com

Nimitz

Cagger since
    Oct 2012
    I am in
    The Land of Nod

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2109 View Post
    So I'm with the work programme and have been taking temp work with agencies for a few weeks here and there over the last few months. I sign off JSA, then do a rapid reclaim so that DWP know the situation. I don't always tell my Ingeus Advisor and over the last week he has been demanding to know all the work info which I didn't think was relevant for him to know. After bombarding me with phone callsicon and answer messages, he phoned one of the agencies and they gave him details of all the temp work I had done.
    I would just like to know where I stand. How much information do I have to give to Ingeus, why did this agency give out all this personal information to a stranger on the phone. Also as I now look like a pillock with the one agency and will never get any temp work again through them, will he now call round the other agencies demanding information, basically killing my chances of temp work.

Long post, but would appreciate any advice thanks.
    Hiya Rob

Regarding your question "How much info do I have to give Ingeus?"

DWP rules state that you only have to give them your name and address, THAT'S ALL. You DO NOT have to give anything else ..NO email address, NO mobile no. NOTHING ELSE (unless you want to)

Nimitz

Basic Account Holder Charlie Chester Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2013

Im in a similar situation, I was with ingeus but found myself some self employed work so I signed off and refused to give any information to ingeus as I didnt want them to benefit financially for something they hadnt done. Evetually the phone callsicon and emails from ingeus susbsided but my wife answered one this morning and so my advisor was able to speak to me. I still refused to give them any information to "update their records" and asked them to stop contacting me, they said they couldnt as they were contracted to do so by the DWP. Is there a way to legally stop them calling me as I now consider this harassment.

Basic Account Holder anothername Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2013

Same as you Charlie Chester. Conscripted to WP July 2011, found work and signed off beginning of Dec 2011, ignored the minimal attempts of WP to engage with me i.e. appointment letters ignored, messages left on phone ignored. yesterday had message left on phone from wp that as I'd ignored there attempt to contact me my 'advisor' (who I've never met) would be coming round my house Saturday morning, or Sunday if Sat not convenient. Had to respond to this, left message with receptionist that 1. they wouldn't get an answer if they knocked on the door and 2. I'd call the police to have them removed from my premises. Upto this time no-one's come round but I don't want them to contact at all in any manner. Like you I'd like to know if there's any way I can stop them contacting me. I didn't sign the data protection waiver but haven't sent the 'do not consent' letter

Cagger since
    Oct 2012
    I am in
    The Land of Nod

Quote Originally Posted by anothername View Post
    Same as you Charlie Chester. Conscripted to WP July 2011, found work and signed off beginning of Dec 2011, ignored the minimal attempts of WP to engage with me i.e. appointment letters ignored, messages left on phone ignored. yesterday had message left on phone from wp that as I'd ignored there attempt to contact me my 'advisor' (who I've never met) would be coming round my house Saturday morning, or Sunday if Sat not convenient. Had to respond to this, left message with receptionist that 1. they wouldn't get an answer if they knocked on the door and 2. I'd call the police to have them removed from my premises. Upto this time no-one's come round but I don't want them to contact at all in any manner. Like you I'd like to know if there's any way I can stop them contacting me. I didn't sign the data protection waiver but haven't sent the 'do not consent' letter
    Hiya

Glad to see you did not sign the data waiver, excellent. As for the harassment from the advisor: write to the Ingeus manager informing him that you regard the phone callsicon and visits as harassment and that you will be writing to the DWP to complain, inform him also that you will report Ingeus to the police if there are any further visits or phone callsicon.

They lied to you...they are NOT contracted by DWP to "up date their records"

My friend had the same problem, once he informed them of the above actions they stopped harassing him.

With the benefit of hind sight...you are only obliged to give Ingeus your name and address...ONLY.... you do not have to give them your email address and telephone number..(unless you want to)

This link takes you to the Provider Guidance.."the rules of the game" created by the DWP, that Ingeus MUST follow.... it makes interesting reading, you may be surprised to know just how much power you have, but didn't know you had..lol

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/...provider.shtml

Nimitz

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Surely, if DWP wanted to know these things, they'd write to you and not get Ingeus to?

Basic Account Holder biggeorge Novitiate biggeorge Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Removal of consent letter here: http://consent.me.uk/workfareconsent/
    Makes you completely worthless to them, you only then cost them money as they will never
    get any outcome payment, can't contact anyone (work) etc..

Edit the letter to suit and get it sent in, I am taking some down to my local Ingeus on my next appointment and going to be an hour
    early so I can hand them out, More people that do this the less money they make and finally drop the WP as its not making them any money.

George

Basic Account Holder Charlie Chester Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2013

In my situation I only want them to stop contacting me so I mat write to the DWP and complain about them there, after all they are trying to get paid for work they havent done

Cagger since
    Oct 2012
    I am in
    The Land of Nod

DWP dont want to know. Its Ingeus that want to know so they can claim 4000+

Basic Account Holder anothername Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitz View Post
    Hiya

Glad to see you did not sign the data waiver, excellent. As for the harassment from the advisor: write to the Ingeus manager informing him that you regard the phone callsicon and visits as harassment and that you will be writing to the DWP to complain, inform him also that you will report Ingeus to the police if there are any further visits or phone callsicon.

They lied to you...they are NOT contracted by DWP to "up date their records"

My friend had the same problem, once he informed them of the above actions they stopped harassing him.

With the benefit of hind sight...you are only obliged to give Ingeus your name and address...ONLY.... you do not have to give them your email address and telephone number..(unless you want to)

This link takes you to the Provider Guidance.."the rules of the game" created by the DWP, that Ingeus MUST follow.... it makes interesting reading, you may be surprised to know just how much power you have, but didn't know you had..lol

Nimitz
    Thanks Nimitz

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P Highly informative Mr.P's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2013
    I am in
    Norfolk

Harassment is a criminal offence under several Acts :

Public Order Act 1986

Section 4A, inserted by the next mentioned Act, creates the offence of intentional harassment, alarm or distress.
    Section 5 creates the offence of harassment, alarm or distress.

Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994

• The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 only applies in England and Wales.
    This Act provides means whereby intentional harassment, alarm or distress is a criminal offence. This makes all forms of harassment illegal, punishable on conviction by a six month jail term or a 5,000 fine. It is necessary to prove that the harasser's actions were intentional, and that someone was actually harmed by their actions.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997

Under this Act, it is an offence for a person to pursue a course of action which amounts to harassment of another individual, and that they know or ought to know amounts to harassment. Under this act the definition of harassment is behaviour which causes alarm or distress.

If the perpetrator is using the telephone, he/she would also fall foul of the telecommunications act and be in breach of T&C from their TelCo - Go to the Ocom page about harassment and lodge a complaint. In extreme cases, call the police. But to start with, a cease and desist letter should probably be sent pointing out the legislation they could be in breach of and remind them that proportional force could be used to remove an agent should they attempt a "home visit" without prior consent.

Basic Account Holder Charlotte_Henderson Novitiate

Cagger since
    Feb 2013
    I am in
    Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Nystagmite View Post
    That's the only thing he is interested in getting money from you.

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Wow, what a fantastic thread. Much obliged guys, I'll give Ingeus both barrels now I know. Thanks again, Rob.

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Sorry, not to appear silly. Do I copy and paste all parts? Do I send it to DWP and Ingeus?

Basic Account Holder jasta11 Novitiate jasta11 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2012

I trimmed a little bit out when I sent the letter but you can send it all. You just need to give it to Ingeus at the moment, as they're the ones bugging you, though once you get a regular job and sign off for good you can also tell the DWP not to pass on any info to Ingeus using the same rule (and also by just filling in your ES40 signing-off form that you've found work and the job will last more than 5 weeks - no need to give the DWP your employers details)

Tell Ingeus you would like a letter of receipt to be sent to you, saying they have received your withdrawal notice - or if you're posting it, send it recorded delivery addressed to the manager. If you hand it to them be sure and tell them that it becomes effective immediately. What they should then do is to place a note on your file so that anyone opening it will see immediately that they're no longer allowed to pass on your data or contact anyone.

You can also mention that you're going to ask the DWP for a SARicon (Subject access requesticon) which is your right and means that Ingeus would have to hand over copies of all documents, emails and phone callicon records relating to you during your time with them. (Even if you don't actually intend doing it, it's well worth telling them you will, as it will make them even more cautious in what they do

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

I think I've got it sorted now and will send it off recorded delivery tomorrow. Thankyou so much, you've made my day to kick these bully boys into touch.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE