style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

to what end?

You get limited time in an ET. You need to spend it arguing your case, not proving someone else is unpleasant. His lies are only relevant if they support your case.

Focus on the meat, not the garnish.

Now. What is the meat of the case?

I am not an expert or experienced in these matters. Pre-hearing was the first time I went to any court. I am going by my emotive values.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, and that is why I am asking you difficult questions. Better me than the judge!

You need a legal point. If you are going to all this trouble, you need a robust case.

You need to find a legal reason why you should get compensation. What did you put on your ET form?

Start here - match any of them?

https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/unfair-and-constructive-dismissal

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/employment-appeals/appeals

"We believed the manager's version" is not a flaw in the legal reasoning of the original decision. Might be bad judgement but it was your place to show evidence that contradicted the manager at the time.

You are looking for "the judge interpreted the law incorrectly."

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The matter is almost to the end now. There is a settlement with some respectable amount which covers my losses till date and few more months in future. COT3 provided by respondent mentions amount xxx minus tax and NI. During the negotiation I asked respondent's solicitor about tax liability and she said that because of the amount being discussed (I guess she meant

Please help me. ACAS seems to have jumped the gun and too eager to get matter closed. They were very sweet till there was no agreement and now being very rude.

Thanks to members like altobelli for all the encouragement and help. And also thanks to members like Emmzzi for the discouragement which helped me fight with vigour.

if you really think you have a case, go to court. Don't let my reality checks make you give up your honour for a purely commercial settlement on the employer's part! fight on, brave warrior, fight on!

if you really think you have a case, go to court. Don't let my reality checks make you give up your honour for a purely commercial settlement on the employer's part! fight on, brave warrior, fight on!

But you discouraged me even to put initial fight. It is not only about winning the case but also about making up for your losses. Tribunals are conservative about compensation they offer and can even make cost order in case its compensation is less than what respondent had offered. If I had no case then respondent would have never made the offer. And if I had listened to you then I wouldn't even have filed the claim.

Edited by honeybee13

Hello there.

I agree, Emmzzi could have a point. If you want to check out tax matters and ACAS wont help, speak to the HMRC helpline or look at their website or ask an accountant for independent advice. CAB may also be able to help, but it depends on the expertise available in your local branch.

But if the settlement is under £30k it could well be uncomplicated.

HB

Edited by honeybee13

Illegitimi non carborundum

But you discouraged me even to put initial fight. It is not only about winning the case but also about making up for your losses. Tribunals are conservative about compensation they offer and can even make cost order in case its compensation is less than what respondent had offered. If I had no case then respondent would have never made the offer. And if I had listened to you then I wouldn't even have filed the claim.

Yes. I thought, and still think, you were in the wrong. I think the employer has been forced to pay out money you are not morally due because it's cheaper than stumping up for a lawyer in court. Some will, and some won't, and it's always a gamble.

I don't think you are getting a payout because you were legally "right". But, the only way to test that is court.

If you just add me to your ignore list, you won't need to worry about seeing my opinions again. They are based on my having a different set of values to you. This does not make me inherently evil. It means I disagree with you.

• Haha 1