Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder gazferry1960 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2012

Default when can i claim ESA again?

HI all
    I made a claim for ESA jan 2012, got the fit for work decision mar/april 12
    Appealed this and finally got tribunal date for march 11 2013
    I withdrew the tribunal and got my gp to sign me fit for work as i had no expectation of winning tribunal (i have anxiety) i signed on for JSA 8 march 2013
    My question is When will i be able to claim ESA again as im finding JSA really tough (to be honest ridiculous with all the things you have to do now)
    Is it 6 months from the medical decision I:E march 2012 (Which is well over 6 months) or is it 6 months from my sign off date which was 7 march 2013 (just last week)

many thanks in advance

gary

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative Nystagmite Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2011

Default Re: when can i claim ESA again?

6 months from the date of the decision. Unless your condition has changed.

Basic Account Holder gazferry1960 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2012

many thanks
    thats why i withdrew the tribunal because i think you have to wait at least 6 months if the tribunal deems you fit for work.
    So i can sign back onto ESA now
    thanks

gary

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Linlithgow

Quote Originally Posted by gazferry1960 View Post
    many thanks
    thats why i withdrew the tribunal because i think you have to wait at least 6 months if the tribunal deems you fit for work.
    So i can sign back onto ESA now
    thanks

gary
    Yes, you can claim ESA now, but note for future reference that even if a tribunal finds you fit for work, the six month clock starts with the original decision date, not the date of the tribunal hearing.

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?
    ---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

I can't give advice by PM - please post on the forums. I do advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer or Welfare Rights Adviser. If you wish to check my advice against other independent sources, please do.

CAG exists because of your support, so if you feel able to help out by donating it would be welcome, but rest assured that our advice and support is free.

"The idea that the poor should have leisure has always been shocking to the rich"
    --Bertrand Russell

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK Authoritative RaeUK's Avatar

Cagger since
    Oct 2009
    I am in
    a world of my own ...

^^^ worth underlining. Sorry, gazferry, you should have stuck with the Tribunal. You may have won - and many people do - however now you definitely have to start all over again. If - and I sincerely hope it doesn't - it goes towards Tribunal again, go for it. If you are medically unfit for work this is your only option.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE