Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Platinum Account Customer lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Orchard County

Default Citi tactics may leave you vulnerable to ID theft

thanks to Empire Strikes Back,I have been alerted to the fact that Citi are sending our personal,court and financial information to other people in an attempt to back up their attempts to deter further litigation.I have concrete proof of this,as ESB has provided this for me.They sent my details to him along with the letter referring to our juduicially mishandled claim.They grovelled to the court for confidentialityicon as to their charges,and send ours all over the place.The judge concerned has been alerted to this in writing

And as Citi are reading,I have alerted as many statutory bodies as possible,as well as Mohammad Sawar MP in order to get them in as much hot water as humanly possible.

This leaves us open to ID theft,and I hope Citi get a real good roasting for it!!!

Similar Threads:

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Default Re: Citi tactics may leave you vulnerable to ID theft

Quote Originally Posted by lickthewallfatboy
    thanks to Empire Strikes Back,I have been alerted to the fact that Citi are sending our personal,court and financial information to other people in an attempt to back up their attempts to deter further litigation.I have concrete proof of this,as ESB has provided this for me.They sent my details to him along with the letter referring to our juduicially mishandled claim.They grovelled to the court for confidentialityicon as to their charges,and send ours all over the place.The judge concerned has been alerted to this in writing

And as Citi are reading,I have alerted as many statutory bodies as possible,as well as Mohammad Sawar MP in order to get them in as much hot water as humanly possible.

This leaves us open to ID theft,and I hope Citi get a real good roasting for it!!!
    What your details like name address and amount of claim etc - they really need stopping and soon. They think they are invinciable and above the law. Hope they grt a good rap over the knuckles for this.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Customer lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative lickthewallfatboy Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Orchard County

our names and addresses,claim details and schedule of charges claimed for.....

as you say,they really need a good going over!!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Thats bad.

In addition can add to this that I was sent someone else statements at the SARicon stage.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    dave Informative dave Informative dave's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

In addition can add to this that I was sent someone else statements at the S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) stage.
    Now that IS unlawful. (they will probably claim - "user training issue")

They have a duty of care as a data controller - report them to the ICicon straight away.

[COLOR=olive][SIZE=1]If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.
    Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
    Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder keren29 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2006

That is appalling. Absolutely appalling. That leaves us open to ID theft. They aren't allowed to give account/address details to other people.

Report them. Strongly.

Abbey - Claim 1
    full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full 710
    Abbey (Claim 2)
    full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full 4000
    Abbey (Claim 3)
    Court date 27 June -
    Capital One (claim 1)
    467 Settled in full 20 Sep
    Capital One (claim 2)
    72 refunded 19 Aug
    Associates (Citicards)
    claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron Highly informative Enron's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Yep, submitted a complaint to the Information Comissioner about 2 weeks ago with supporting paperwork.

Shame that I didn`t retain the guys statements and submit that via the ICOicon, however the fact that I kept copies of correspondence with Citi including his address and account number are probably enough.

In addition I did send a letter to this customer by special delivery via Citi, however have not heard from him as yet. Most likely the people in customer services can`t read `Strictly Private & confidentialicon - to be opened by account holder only`.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

In addition you may wish to submit any complaint to the Information Commissioner who can be reached here:

ICO – Information Commissioner's Office

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Orchard County

thanks to Bankfodder,I have got it sussed.All the letters are away!!

Let's just sit back and wait for the brown stuff to hit the ventilation equipment!!

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula Authoritative Lula's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Hertfordshire

any news yet LTWFB? you can pm me if you like LOL

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled
    Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled
    Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder pj41 Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2006

This bank must have all it's licences revoked.

They consider themselves above the law and to be honest, in my opinion, the various district judges don't seem to be offering much to the impending collapse of their overall argument.

We must be able to do more to stop this bank.

Any thoughts?

Paul

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Orchard County

I fully agree-I think a major effort by all concerned should be made to get them to pull their horns in,at the very least.

Too big for their boots,methinks!!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    adamski Informative adamski Informative adamski's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Cambridge

What can we do apart from persue our own claims?
    adamski

Lloyds TSB (SARS) request sent 9th June 2006
    2191 Moneyclaim Issued 11/08/2006, Acknowleded 17th August Defence 14 Sep, AQ returned 5/10/2006.SETTLED IN FULL 2,670 26/11/2006/ Lloyds Credit Card SETTLED IN FULL 267
    MBNA SETTLED IN FULL 15/09/2006 829
    Citicard (SARS) request sent 22nd June 2006 Moneyclaim issued 19th Sep, Defence and AQ received 5/10/2006, AQ returned 5/10/2006, part refund received 10/10/2006
    GE MONEY SETTLLED IN FULL 400
    Barclaycard Me and Mrs SARS sent 19/10/2006 settled 350
    Welcome Finance PPI 2 accounts one settled 1018 waiting on other
    GE Money PPI 1 account settled 8/5/2008 560 2nd account SETTLED IN FULL 3,599.78p 15thAugust 2008
    Lloyds TSB PPI CC complaint sent 10/04/2008
    Black Horse PPI with FOS 20/05/2008
    HFC PPI complaint sent 22/05/2008

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative gizmo111 Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by adamski
    What can we do apart from persue our own claims?
    adamski
    I don't know - but if there is any group or individual action that can be undertaken over and above our own claims then count me in

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Orchard County

I think it's time to have a good ponder about this-let's try to come up with suggestions,pool our ideas and see if we can arrive at some kind of effective strategy or tactic which will stop this manipulation of the legal system that CITI seem to be pursuing......

the knowledge and know-how on this forum will surely come up with something...

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    adamski Informative adamski Informative adamski's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Cambridge

I for one will writing to my MP, that is all i can think of doing as the goverment are the only ones who can stop these people from abusing the court process and treating ordinary people with contempt and arrogance.
    Without us there would be no Citibank, maybe they need a reminder of this.
    Regards
    adamski

Lloyds TSB (SARS) request sent 9th June 2006
    2191 Moneyclaim Issued 11/08/2006, Acknowleded 17th August Defence 14 Sep, AQ returned 5/10/2006.SETTLED IN FULL 2,670 26/11/2006/ Lloyds Credit Card SETTLED IN FULL 267
    MBNA SETTLED IN FULL 15/09/2006 829
    Citicard (SARS) request sent 22nd June 2006 Moneyclaim issued 19th Sep, Defence and AQ received 5/10/2006, AQ returned 5/10/2006, part refund received 10/10/2006
    GE MONEY SETTLLED IN FULL 400
    Barclaycard Me and Mrs SARS sent 19/10/2006 settled 350
    Welcome Finance PPI 2 accounts one settled 1018 waiting on other
    GE Money PPI 1 account settled 8/5/2008 560 2nd account SETTLED IN FULL 3,599.78p 15thAugust 2008
    Lloyds TSB PPI CC complaint sent 10/04/2008
    Black Horse PPI with FOS 20/05/2008
    HFC PPI complaint sent 22/05/2008

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder jobloggs Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2006

I guess the issue is what exactly we want to get out of this, and hwo far we want to go.
    If the complaint is about about the manner in which they do thier stuff (i hate to call it business) then perhpas we coudl do a mass complaint to the OFT and fosicon.
    Whilst niether organisation may wish or have the resources to tackle the issue on an individual basis surely they could if presented with a very detailed group of complaints presented as a super complaint then have the grounds to act.
    Citi are clearly out to frustrate and delay all claims as far as possible. They need to be shown the power of the consumer, they need to be slapped around and bullied by our legal system and shown they are not invicnible or above the law.
    The sooner the better in my humble opinion.

I love the smell of banks coughing up refunds first thing in the morning.

HSBC, they tried they failed, they coughed up in full
    To all the others beware i am heading your way next.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder BaldyBaldwin Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

why not report him to the law society ??

LF53
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2006
    I am in
    Orchard County

I have been contacted by the ICOicon for a detailed report concerning citi.......which I will of course supply them with asap!!

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Jun 2006

Quote Originally Posted by lickthewallfatboy
    I have been contacted by the Information Commissioners Office for a detailed report concerning citi.......which I will of course supply them with asap!!
    This is turning out to be a great week!

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE