Swinton's Insurance Branch Offices Overcharging

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is my experince with dealing with Swinton's and a copy of my complaint that I have sent to them today. My advice is always check prices online and never deal with a Swinton's branch offices where there main aim is try and get as much money out of the customer as possible.

I took out car insurance for my Citroen C3 on 2nd Dec2012. I am now taking delivery of a newChevrolet Spark 1000cc on 01/03/2013 and called my local branch to change thecar details.

I asked your representative David to change the policy andwas informed that I couldn't and would have to take out a new policy costing£348.16 an increase of £217.51 on my existing policy despite the fact that theCitroen is insurance group 6 and the Chevrolet is insurance group 3.

I checked on line and found that Swintons quote for 12months insurance for the Chevrolet was only £132.17 which is £215.99 less thanDavid had quoted me. I then calledSwinton's quote line to ask if I could amend a policy when buying a new car andwas told that I could for a fee of £25 which is not what David told me.

I then called in to the Cannock office and asked why I hadbeen told that I couldn't amend my policy and was told that I could and thecharge was £25, I asked why I was quoted £348.16 and was informed that thecharge was £25 + any extra that the insurance cost for the particular car.

I then checked on line to get an up to date quote for theCitroen and Swinton's price was £178.56 which confirms what I already new thatthe Chevrolet wouldn't cost more to cover than the Citroen.

My complaint is that I was misinformed by David about beingable to amend my policy and asked to pay £348.16 when I should have had to payonly £25.

I phoned David and asked him to cancel the new policy andhave had to now insure with a new provider at a cost of £163.24. Although they were not as cheap as Swinton'squote of £132.17 I would prefer to pay the higher price rather than return to acompany who are happy to mislead their customers in this way.