Bluecrest Health Screening

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My dad who is 87 has had a pamphlet from Bluecrest Health Screening advising of a complete health check for £99. He is of the impression that they will find something wrong with him that the NHS has not been able to find.

Are the Bluecrest genuine or are they con artists out to fleece people? Please advise.

Thanks. I am aware of the site but still do not know if it is worth it or not. I have read feedback that some get you to go along for the £99 but when there use scare tactics to get you to buy additional services.

To be honest at 87 if he feels ok dont worry, if you go for a health checkup there will be somthing wrong with everyone and if nothing else I can almost say for certain they will say his cholestorol is high, if he is worried go to his usual Dr who has all his records. having said that if he has the money and wants to spend it on health screening fine as lone as he dosnt start paniking whan there is somthing not 100% right

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

To be honest at 87 if he feels ok dont worry, if you go for a health checkup there will be somthing wrong with everyone and if nothing else I can almost say for certain they will say his cholestorol is high, if he is worried go to his usual Dr who has all his records. having said that if he has the money and wants to spend it on health screening fine as lone as he dosnt start paniking whan there is somthing not 100% right

You have summed up why I don't want him to go to Bluecrest, but he is convinced that they will find something wrong with him that the GP has missed. Driving us up the wall at present as difficult to argue with a cantankerous old man! :wink:

Yep kn ow what its like he probably wont be happy until he has got somthing wrong (even if its only minor) and then he can drive you mad with his health problems, if he thinks the GP has missed somthing ask him what he thinks he has missed and then cart him off to his usual GP again and when he tells him he is fine get him to take you out for a drink on the money you have saved him:-) best I can suggest is trying to persuade him that the Dr who has all his records is the best to treat him, having said that if he wants to spend his money tell him to go private and then tell him how much it will cost him he may change his mind or not as the case may be.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

the problem with some of these 'screening' operations is that it;s a case of preying on the 'worried well' as if the Numbers Needed to Treat for the screenings were low enough then the NHS would be doing the screening or that decent GPs would be watching for early signs of ( and in some cases cashing in on the QOF points) and referring once significant risk / early signs were apparent.

At 87 there is also the risk of them finding something that you will 'die with' and causing undue worry, rather than something he'll 'die of ' , very few people will make, their mid 80s without some element of diseases of ageing , even if they have been 'good' in terms of smoking, drinking , diet and exercise.