style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If in an unlikey event, a set aside is given, will the defendant need to put in a defence. Back in March 2014. he had filled in a defence form but then never bothered to turn up to the hearing and went off for a 5 week hoiday overseas instead. Hopefully, the witness statement that I am hoping to get in the post tomorrow will confirm that the defendant has and is just waisting my time and the courts and his application for a set aside is refused..

On a human level, this whole situation has made me quite unwell and I feel at times I am near the edge. In the unlikely event I have an unwell period before the next hearing that stops myself attending, then what legal protection should I take to protect my interests in this case. I am currently taking medication..

No one has so far signed the witness statement sent to the defendant. What I understand is a card would have been put in the door asking him to collect. If he does not collect, is the witness statement still deemed as served..

On the issue of 'the signature isnt is'.. will the onus be on him to prove that is the case in any future hearing ?

I'd have thought that the onus would be on you to prove that it IS his signature. I believe that I asked you a while back if you had any other examples of his signature.

Forgive me if you've already said this, but did he go to the police about this and if so what have they done in response?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No one has so far signed the witness statement sent to the defendant. What I understand is a card would have been put in the door asking him to collect. If he does not collect, is the witness statement still deemed as served..

IMHO it's just more evidence of trying to evade the situation.

I'd have thought that the onus would be on you to prove that it IS his signature. I believe that I asked you a while back if you had any other examples of his signature.

Forgive me if you've already said this, but did he go to the police about this and if so what have they done in response?

He claimed he had reported the signature was not his to the police, which is fine by me..

I have not heard from the police..

It was delivered and looks to have been signed by himself..