style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a joint endowment to pay of my mortgage that was taken out with an ex partner who has moved abroad and is not on speeaking terms. I have continued the payments foolishly thinking it would just be paid at the end of the 25years (in 5 years). I have since been told by a friend that I will not be able to get the money without her signature or a joint account, I have no way of contacting her and am now worried that I will be in deep do do in 5 years!!

Hello there. I can see your problem.

As you've had the foresight to think about it now, is it worth asking the insurance company the policy's with? You could see if there's a maturities department, because they should have come across this before and be able to advise you.

It's a tiny point, but are you both lives assured and policyholders on the policy document? If she's only a life assured, then you could be OK.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's a tiny point, but are you both lives assured and policyholders on the policy document? If she's only a life assured, then you could be OK.

My best, HB

We are both assured and I assume as letters are addressed to both that we are both policy holders.