Self-employed : Small Earnings Certificate for previous years

MoonTop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I set up a limited company in 2009 and my profit and loss account was alltime less than £5000 and i did not also paid for Class 2 National Insurance Contribution.

However, I have forgotten to apply to the Small Earnings Exception certificate (i was relying on my account who was a bit negligent) and presently I am urgently needing this certificate to prove that I am really self employed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SilverOne

Moved to HMRC Forum. If anyone thinks this would do better in the Employment Forum please feel free to suggest that, but it does look like an HMRC issue to me at first glance.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hello there.

I'm not an expert, but my understanding is as you say, that a director of a company is not self-employed.

I would try a search of the HMRC website to see if there are answers to your questions. They also have a telephone helpline on weekdays that might be worth a call.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello,

I did and found the following link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/ni/intro/benefits.htm :

Insurance contributions

Some state benefits aren't linked to your National Insurance contributions. These are known as 'non-contributory benefits'. You can be eligible for these benefits whether or not you've paid (or been credited with) any National Insurance contributions.

Some of the state benefits you can get even if you haven't paid any National Insurance contributions include:

• Child Benefit
  • Guardian's Allowance
  • Jobseeker's Allowance - the 'income-based' element
  • Employment and Support Allowance - the 'income-related' element
  • Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit
  • Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
  • War Widow's or Widower's Pension
  • Pension Credit