Useful contacts for those dealing with homelessness - correct as at 23.09.2015

honeybee13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Thought I would add to the Homelessness list:

Centerpoint

Is a provider of hostels and supported accommodation for young homeless people.

The Children's Society

Organisation working with vulnerable young people including runaways in danger on the streets and children in trouble with the law.

Crisis

A charity for homeless people, especially those with no legal right to accommodation. Provides projects offering practical help, carries out research and publishes reports and books on homelessness issues.

groundswell

User involvement and self-help organisation for homeless people. Support a network of homeless groups and help homeless people campaign and lobby.

Website includes a directory of homeless-led organisations.

Preston Homeless Forum

Preston Homeless Forum is an umbrella organisation for groups working with homeless people in preston.

Glasgow Homelessness Information Pages

This website aims to provide helpful information for people who are experiencing homelessness in Glasgow.

There is information about your rights, where to get help, and contact details for lots of homelessness services in Glasgow.

Housing Advice Northern Ireland

Provides housing advice and information for people in Northern Ireland. Produced in partnership with Shelter and Housing Rights Service. Covers homelessness,finding accommodation, renting, Housing Executive and housing association tenancies, welfare benefits and home ownership. Includes a searchable directory of advice services in Northern Ireland.

Broadway London

We're Broadway and we say no one should be homeless. Every year we work with over 7,000 people on their journey from street to home. We provide a full range of services to help people get accommodation, improve their physical and mental health, gain training and employment and to live successful, independent lives.

Homeless Action Scotland

We are the national membership body in Scotland for organisations and individuals tackling homelessness. Our members include voluntary sector providers, housing associations, local authorities (LAs), academics and other professionals involved in homelessness prevention and alleviation.

Salvation Army

Organisation providing a range of services, including hostels and day centers, for homeless and other disadvanted or vulnerable people.

Shelter England

Organisation that provides information and advice to homeless and badly housed people.

Shelter Scotland

The Scottish arm of Shelter, the national charity that works on behalf of homeless and badly housed people.

Shelter Wales

The Welsh arm of Shelter, the national charity that works on behalf of homeless and badly housed people.

St Mungos

London's largest homelessness agency which provides hostels, care homes, supported housing, day centres, and outreach, resettlement and employment services.

Thames Reach

Provide a range of services for homeless people in London (especially those sleeping rough), including hostels, supported accommodation, outreach, resettlement and tenancy sustainment services.

Edited by citizenB

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks