Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder ynwa88 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Default Re: Car stuck in garage

I have just declared it sorn there was no hiccups said ill get confirmation letter within 4 weeks

Site Team Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

ynwa88 Please can you confirm that the garage your car is in is the one at this address ?

Grimsby Car Centre

3 Charlton Street
    Grimsby
    South Humberside
    DN31 1SQ

You are vulnerable to an exploit, read here for the solution.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Im positive it is that address thats phone number only links to that address and thats the name of the company to so.yeah must be that address

Site Team Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

This one?

garage.jpg

Follows
    Following

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in
    In need of.......................

Ok.

letter before actionicon.

For The Personal Attention of
    The Managing Director/Proprietor/ or Managing Partner of
    XXXXX Garage.

Ref: Vehicle Registration Number xxxx xxxx.

Sir/Madam.

The situation regarding the conduct of your company is now causing me considerable distress, you have been in possession of my vehicle sinc xx xx xxxx and have failed to carry out works specified and paid for in advance, it is noted that you have denied taking a payment of £300.00 in payment for said works, this denial is refuted and will form part of litigation should you fail to remedy my complaints.

The company in the person of Mr. XXXXXXXX has also received further payments of £xx .xx on xx xx xxxx and you have still failed to complete the works therefore you must remedy this matter by the following action within 10 Calendar Days by some or all of the following actions.

1. Complete all outstanding works on the vehicle without further costs to me and return it in FULL Road Worthy Order. OR.
    2. Return the vehicle to me at your cost and refund ALL payments made in full with no deductions.

Failure to remedy this matter as set out above WILL result in a county courticon Claim being raised for the full sum already paid plus all costs involved in the recovery of my vehicle. I may also seek redress for being denied access to and the use of my vehicle for a prolonged period.

Action in another court may ensue in regard to the £ 300.00 payment that the company has denied receiving.

Send this recorded delivery to the garage address if it is a Limited Company, also to their company secretary at their registered office.

Check the delivery date on the RM system.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2006

Seems to be a limited company. I always thought that if you were a limited company that you need to display this fact like "XYZ Garage Ltd"?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS Authoritative BRIGADIER2JCS's Avatar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

On documents yes, other sites, hordings, ''shop front'' etc no, or xxxxx Ltd. trading as xxxxxxxxxxx

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Thank you for that do i just have to send that letter and wait see what he does ?

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Yes do exactly as I have suggested if they fail to respond in 10 days +2 you then issue the county courticon claim immediately without further notice to them.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer01 View Post
    Seems to be a limited company. I always thought that if you were a limited company that you need to display this fact like "XYZ Garage Ltd"?
    Can't see limited on the garage anywhere and it's not registered at companies house.

Just need confirmation of the picture I posted in #24

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Thank you BRIGADIER2JCS do i contact county courticon after the deadline if there has been no success fingers crossed ill get the letter sent tomorrow

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative Surfer01 Highly informative

Cagger since
    May 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Conniff View Post
    Can't see limited on the garage anywhere and it's not registered at companies house.
    If you look on the home page on the left hand side at the bottom it quite clearly states "Grimsby Car Centre Ltd" 2013. Also check here.

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Once it becomes clear that CC is needed you can get a claim pack from your local county courticon office., it has all the info and forms you need, there will also be a guide to the fees payable.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Ok thank you for all your help ill send letter tomorrow and will see what happens after that

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer01 View Post
    If you look on the home page on the left hand side at the bottom it quite clearly states "Grimsby Car Centre Ltd" 2013.
    I saw that but the only company of that name on companies house is at a different location and dissolved.

Follows
    Following

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Ltd. or not is a moot point the lbaicon covers ALL aspects, and should litigation the claim can be laid to suit, as to defendants status.

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Hi this may sound stupid but im going to ask all.the bits.you put 'xxxx in do i fill it out or just send the letter how you wrote it

Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Aug 2010
    I am in

Yes as you have all the information to hand, so it means I can't make mistakes or guess what's happened..

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

Ok thank you

Cagger since
    Jan 2013

What do i do if he tells me after receiving letter he wil charge me for my car being at his garage hes threatend me with that before

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE