parking eye fine Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a fine for overstaying the 2 hour stay in Morrisons.

Normally, I would ignore this as I understand it is unenforseable in Scotland.

however as I drive a leased car, notification has gone to my employers who intend to deduct the fine from my salary and pay the fine.

How should I proceed?

Frankly there won't be much you can do unless you decide to sue Parking Eye for the return of the money - which would be fun - and we wouold help you

can you not send your employer the info here

there are several threads whereby leasing cars were involved

it makes no odds you are in scotland

they are 'speculative invoices' not 'fines' everywhere.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is what happens with companies and with hire cars.

Rental companies aren't interested - and it is best not to get a reputation with your emplpoyers because it will be just a load of trouble for them.

I'm afraid that your best bet is to pay it and then to sue for its retun if you want.

It is much easier for the direct owners of vehicles to stand up to Parking Eye and their type.

Easy - just advise your employer to pass your details on as you are the driver and your employer will not receive any more begging letters, which will be then sent you and you can ignore them after sending one saying you acknowledge you are the driver and you have no intention of paying, so please book a day in court.

Edited by Homer67
typo

I agree with Homer67 in this situation. When first writing to the registered Keeper of the car, the PPC can only ask that they inform them who was the driver on the day in question. If you authorise your company to release your name and address to the PPC, they have fulfilled their obligation and all future letters should be addressed to you for you to ignore.

I agree with Homer67 in this situation. When first writing to the registered Keeper of the car, the PPC can only ask that they inform them who was the driver on the day in question. If you authorise your company to release your name and address to the PPC, they have fulfilled their obligation and all future letters should be addressed to you for you to ignore.

Indeed - that is bang on...............