Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder janis6670 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

Default parking eye fine Scotland

I have recieved a fine for overstaying the 2 hour stay in Morrisons.
    Normally, I would ignoreicon this as I understand it is unenforseable in Scotland.
    however as I drive a leased car, notification has gone to my employers who intend to deduct the fine from my salary and pay the fine.
    How should I proceed?

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2006
    I am in
    Please consider making a donation if we have helped you. Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Re: parking eye fine Scotland

Frankly there won't be much you can do unless you decide to sue parking eyeicon for the return of the money - which would be fun - and we wouold help you

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.
    All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder janis6670 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jul 2007

I should have said that I have asked that my car leasing department do not pay this fine as I intend to dispute it but I fear that eventually they will pay and therefore so will I

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

can you not send your employer the info here

there are several threads whereby leasing cars were involved

it makes no odds you are in scotland

they are 'speculative invoices' not 'fines' everywhere.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2006
    I am in
    Please consider making a donation if we have helped you. Thanks
    Blog Entries

This is what happens with companies and with hire cars.

Rental companies aren't interested - and it is best not to get a reputation with your emplpoyers because it will be just a load of trouble for them.

I'm afraid that your best bet is to pay it and then to sue for its retun if you want.

It is much easier for the direct owners of vehicles to stand up to parking eyeicon and their type.

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.
    All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Homer67 Novitiate Homer67 Novitiate Homer67's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2010

Easy - just advise your employer to pass your details on as you are the driver and your employer will not receive any more begging letters, which will be then sent you and you can ignoreicon them after sending one saying you acknowledge you are the driver and you have no intention of paying, so please book a day in court.

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

I agree with Homer67 in this situation. When first writing to the registered Keeper of the car, the PPC can only ask that they inform them who was the driver on the day in question. If you authorise your company to release your name and address to the PPC, they have fulfilled their obligation and all future letters should be addressed to you for you to ignoreicon.

Basic Account Holder instrumentsofjoy Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by crem View Post
    I agree with Homer67 in this situation. When first writing to the registered Keeper of the car, the PPC can only ask that they inform them who was the driver on the day in question. If you authorise your company to release your name and address to the PPC, they have fulfilled their obligation and all future letters should be addressed to you for you to ignoreicon.
    Indeed - that is bang on...............

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE