Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder Tariq2009 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Default Newlyn Bailiffs

my council tax account was passed to the newlyn but i have cleared the councill tax account but battle with bailiff is going on they trying to charge 162.50 .

i covered my self by sending them proof that my car is private hire but they keep saying they still can clamp my car but can not take it .
    i also told them not to visit my house as my wife has mental history and she is till seeking some counseling for it and they said we will visit tell your wife not to open the door

where before they was sending me the letters with both our names now they only start sending letters only stating my wife's name
    only.

i am attaching recent letter they send me and in this they also said ( Goods maybe removed in your absence )

they never got levy on items as we never had them visit physically let them in or open the door for any bailiff so how can they say goods maybe removed in your absence .

please help me thanks

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2012
    I am in
    somewhere

Default Re: Newlyn Bailiffs

money all paid to the council and just bailiff fees owing?

The most they can charge with no levy is 24.50 first visit and 18.00 second visit

they cant levy on goods just to cover there fees the liability order/warrant is satisfied

Bailiffs are relying on fear and intimidation thinking you will pay up

Get on to local MP and to council to get a breakdown of there agents fees

That seams a standard letter

Bailiffs on to a looser no levy they cant take car

they have no levy no right of entry

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

i did get mp on the case let me find the letter and attach it

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67 Authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2010

Send this letter to Newlyn by recorded delivery

To:
    Acme Bailiff Co
    Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:
    a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.
    b - the reason for the fee.
    c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.
    d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificated at.
    e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of 10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

i am on stage 2 of council complain procedure as they are not upholding my complain again now i am going to local Ombudsmanicon

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs Informative i hate bailiffs's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jan 2012
    I am in
    somewhere

Would appear that the Local MP should be directed to this site and the others

Clearly he does not know what bailiffs can and cant charge and should have a read up on things

try the breakdown from the bailiffs
    there is no warrant so they can do very little to get there money before giving up

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

thanks guys will send the letter on Monday

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    outlawla Informative outlawla Informative outlawla Informative outlawla Informative outlawla's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2010

Jonathan Djanogly is a self serving ex-justice minister who should be by-passed on this issue. Perhaps write and tell him you have no confidence in him to deal with this.

Site Team ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Cloud Cuckoo Land

Does your wife have a CPN or similar? Did the Bailiff leave you a Notice of Seizure?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ploddertom View Post
    Does your wife have a CPN or similar? Did the Bailiff leave you a Notice of Seizure?
    I don't know how this notice of seizure looks like or it's wording I only have letter through post by newlyn and one letter was in red color and all the crap about their action

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch Authoritative hallowitch's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Tariq2009 View Post
    I don't know how this notice of seizure looks like or it's wording I only have letter through post by newlyn and one letter was in red color and all the crap about their action

have a look at the form 7 in this link it shows what notice of seizure
    looks like

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...chedule/2/made

Site Team ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom Authoritative ploddertom's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2009
    I am in
    Cloud Cuckoo Land

If they are trying to charge you 162-50 they must have levy on some of your possessions - you mention a car in your original post. A Bailiff is allowed to charge 24-50 for his 1st Visit to you & 18-00 for his 2nd - providing he has not made a levy on your goods. If this has been charged then that leaves 120 unaccounted for. It is all the more urgent you send off for the breakdown of fees as said in Post 4, this best done initially by email followed by a copy in the post.

If they have made a levy on anything it is a legal requirement they leave you a Notice of Seizure - also called a Form 7 because that is its number. This is usually an A4 sheet listing the goods seized and on the reverse it should have a list of what they have charged.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

No I did not revieved any form 7

I did talk to the the guy
    the appointed bailif that came and visited my house my wife was not home so he left letter with the sum on it and his name

I did search his name on bailiff data base but he was not bailiff

I asked him why he came
    he said he came to claim the money and I told him not to come when I am not home as my wife's depression history

he told me to tell my wife not to open door as he will keep calling at my house.

I warned him that he will be breaking law by doing that and I also said I got proof of signiture post that I have provided the documents to your office
    which they never send me acknowledge so far it's been over month.

He than asked me what time I am home so he can come and collect money

I said you not getting any money or any access to house so don't bother

he than said he will come and clamp my car
    I said up to you but

I have provided the proof of car
    it is work car and I do my earning than

he told me that he can clamp it but can not twoe the car away
    and keep it clamped until I pay the money .

Since I have talked to him I have recived 2 letter first my name and my wife's together
    as shows on council tax second letter today with only my wife's name as I posted in perivoius post

.thanks

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2012
    I am in
    Somewhere In The Universe

i am on stage 2 of council complain procedure as they are not upholding my complain again now i am going to local Ombudsmanicon

Surprise, surprise. The Minister of State responsible for the certification of bailiffs comes out with crap like this. He really does need to invest in a copy of John Kruse's book, as I have. Just waiting for it to be delivered.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked Highly informative brassnecked's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2009
    I am in
    I am on the Dark Side Of The Moon

I think they will claim a levy on your motor, if it is contract hire then it cannot be levied or seized, as it belongs to the finance company. Once they have responded to the Acme letter, if they have levied the car it can be challenged.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2009

Quote Originally Posted by brassnecked View Post
    I think they will claim a levy on your motor, if it is contract hire then it cannot be levied or seized, as it belongs to the finance company. Once they have responded to the Acme letter, if they have levied the car it can be challenged.
    the car is private hire

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill Informative old bill's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2012
    I am in

the car is private hire
    Then it belongs to the hire company and cannot be either levied on or seized. Make sure the bailiff is served with a photocopy of the hire document. This will kill his pig, but if he then tries to levy on or seize it, he will be acting illegally from the outset.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since
    Mar 2006

I may be wrong Old Bill, but when the OP says his car is private hire, he means it is a minicab. Probably why the bailiff says he can clamp it but not remove it. So a question to the original poster - does the car belong to you or does the minicab company own it? If it belongs to you, does the car have any outstanding HP on it?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2012
    I am in

Okay. Does the vehicle have a Private Hire plate on it? If so, it is used for business purposes and the OP's livelihood and the bailiff will be on a sticky wicket if they try to levy on or seize it.. If it is subject to finance, it is third party property and, therefore, cannot be levied on or seized.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts Authoritative seanamarts's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    East Coast

If the debt for the council tax has been cleared then, im sure when I say this, that the bailiff cannot levy for his fee's only.

However the council must give you verification that your debt have been discharged with them. They can take the bailiff fee's out of the payment that you have made, which would leave the debt still owing.

I would offer or pay the bailiff for the two visits, which are owed. The levy on the vehicle can then be queried. No lawful levy, then no fee above the visit fee's.

You stated that the bailiff wasnt a bailiff, did you mean that he wasnt a certificated bailiff.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE