RLP letter, more questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

As everybody here i need some advise regarding RLP letter...

few weeks ago i've been stopped in one of the shops for swapping the label on an item to cheaper one.

they took my details and police came to confirm my address as i didn't have any proof of address on me.

The shop security stuff handed min RLP leaflet and said i'll have to pay a small fine for their "cost"

so i knew i'll have to pay some fine.

but i was rather stunned when i rcvd the letter claiming £130.

first i was considering contacting them and appealing from their decision as i thought it's way out of proportion

( the difference in price of the item i swapped was less than £5)

but then i started reading about RLP and found your website and in a result i've ignored their 1st letter.

now i've got the 2nd asking me to contact them to advise if i want to settle or defend the claim.

so i'm wondering what's best to do now? contact them saying i deny liability or just leave it?

and if police involvement can make any difference in my case.

also i've read quite a few of the threads but haven't seen anyone saying RLP stopped sending letter to them?

or is it just gonna go on and on... i'm getting really stressed everytime i even think about RLP:sad::sad:

thanks in advance for all your help

If you had been taken before the court and had a fine imposed against you, then you would have to suck it up and smile, as RLP are not a court of law and neither do they hold any position within the judicial structure of this country they have the same rights as the local Ice Cream Man, so treat their "invoice" with an appropriate amount of respect. ie: none

Pay them nothing, pay them nothing, pay them nothing

do not reply to their letters, do not telephone them

They hold no legal status which allows them to make such a claim.

Pay them nothing, pay them nothing, pay them nothing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All

i thought this is a right place for my post:)

Back in November last year I've posted about RLP letter i had for swapping the label in primark. I followed your advice of not responding and ignoring their letters, I've rcvd several letters since than some very similar to those Rcvd by Mystic lady. yesterday I rcvd the letter from the company named scotcall

]"Our clients instructed us to collect payment on the above outstanding claim as you have failed to respond to their previous correspondence. Should we not hear from you within 7 days our client may consider legal action ]against you]. a successful legal action could result in court fees and legal costs being added to the amount due plus interests. Such action could also affect your ability to obtain credit. we therefore require immediate settlement of this claim. you can repay using debit or credit card ..."

I know you guys advising ignoring those letters too but i haven't heard the name of scotcall before, i've googled them a little and found out they've got no right to collect the debt and they're one of those harassing people companies, can someone please confirm that?

the bit i'm worried about the most is them mentioning it can affect may ability to obtain credit, do they mean my credit score?

i'm getting worried all over again and i'd really appreciate the answer

Thanks a lot:oops:

it is NOT A DEBT

it CANNOT effect your CRA file

Snotscrawl are NOT BAILIFFS

they are a DCA and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

keep ignoring.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Fully agree with DX. However, i would add one more thing. Get complaining to the OFT about scotcall chasing a non existent debt. Dont tell scotcall, just get that complaint to the OFT.

Also, scotcall are one of the lowest forms of DCA there are. They only deal in lemon debts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'd be inclined to make clear to Scotcall that there is no debt.

Dear Sirs

Any liability to your clients or their clients is denied.

For the avoidance of doubt, no legitimate debt exists in this matter, merely a speculative invoice. It seems to me that demanding money where no debt is owed is a serious breach of your obligations under the terms of your consumer credit licence.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

Yours etc.

Hi All thanks for all your advice.

Ii'm considering writing to them as Scarlet suggested but I've got one more question. Because the scottcall is on my case now is that mean RLP sold my "debt" to them? what's the worst scenario which can happen now? Thanks a lot.

what's the worst scenario which can happen now?..........

snotcrawl trip over when they collect your doorstep.

as snotcrawl do not BUY debt

they just collect on them..

as from day one

IGNORE THEM.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'd also advise having a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members incase scotcall try to say they are allowed to send a collector to your house.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 11 months later...
  • Haha 1

and they