• Tweets

• it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge .............. please fill out the Q&A ASAP. dx  
    • Well done on reading the other threads. If ECP haven't got the guts to do court then there is no reason to pay them. From other threads there is a 35-minute free stay after which you need to pay, with the signs hidden where no-one will read them.  Which probably explains why ECP threaten this & threaten that, but in the end daren't do court. As for your employer - well you can out yourself as the driver to ECP so the hamster bedding will arrive at yours.  Get your employer to do that using the e-mail address under Appeals and Transfer Of Liability.  
    • good you are getting there. Lloyds/TSb...i certainly would not be risking possible off-setting going on if a choice were there, but in all honestly thats obv too late now..., however..you might not never be in that situation so dont worry too much. regardless to being defaulted or not, if any debt that is not paid/used in 6yrs it becomes statute barred. you need to understand a couple of things like 'default' and 'default notice' a default is simply a recorded D in the calendar section/history of a debt, it does not really mean anything. might slightly hit your rating. the important thing here is a default notice , these are issued by the original creditor (OC) under the consumer credit act, it gives you 14 days to settle whatever they are asking, if you don't then they have the option to register a defaulted date on your credit file. that can make getting other credit more difficult. and hits your rating. once that happens, not matter what you do after that, paying it or not or not paid off or not, the whole account vanishes from your credit file on the DN's 6th b'day. though that might not necessarily mean the debt is not still owed - thats down to the SB date above. an OC very rarely does court and only the OWNER of a debt can instigate any court action (Attempted a CCJ) DCA's debt collection agencies - DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS they have ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's TYPE. an OC make pass a debt to a dca as their client to try and spoof people into paying through legal ignorance of the above statement. an OC may SELL on an old debt to a DCA/debt buyer (approx 10p=£1) and then claim their losses through tax write off and their business insurance, wiping their hands of the debt. the DCA then becomes the debt OWNER. since the late 70's dca's pull all kinds of 'stunts' through threat-o-grams to spoof a debtor into paying them the full value of the debt, when they bought if for a discounted sum (typically 10p=£1). you never pay a dca a penny! if read carefully, NONE of their letters nor those of any other 'trading names' they spoof themselves under making it seem it's going up some kind of legitimate legal 'chain' say WILL anything....just carefully worded letters with all kinds of threats of what could/might/poss happen with other such words as instruct forward pass... well my dog does not sit when instructed too...so... DCA's SOMETIMES will issue a court claim, but in all honesty its simply a speculative claim hoping mugs wet themselves and cough up...oh im going to court... BIG DEAL DCA - show me the enforceable paperwork signed by me...9/10 they dont have it and if your defence is conducted properly, most run away from you . however before they do all that they now have to send a letter of claim, cause the courts got fed up with them issuing +750'000PA speculative claims and jamming up the legal system. so bottom line is two conclusions.... if you cant pay a debt, get a DN issued ASAP (stop paying it!) make sure it gets registered on your file then it stops hurting your file/future credit in 6yrs regardless to what happens (bar of course a later DCA CCJ - fat chance mind!)  once you've a registered DN , then look into restarting payments if the debt is still owed by the OC, if SOLD to a DCA, don't pay - see if they issue a letter of claim (then comeback here!).        
    • Any update here?  I ask as we have someone new being hassled for parking at this site.
    • Any update here?  I ask as we have someone new being hassled for parking at this site.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mr Nunnyrose's Lloyds CC, no CCA***Set A Side***and now Discontinued***

nunnyrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes, the court did, but today I have a letter from their solicitor "We enclose by way of service the following documents"

the enclosures are obviously just copies of the notice of hearing and application notice.

I'm struggling a bit with my letter to the court but will post up my amended draft shortly if you wouldn't mind having a quick look :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

amended draft

I have received an Application notice and a General Form of Judgment or Order for the above claim number. I telephoned the court offices today who have advised me that I should write to inform the court that:-

I am a litigant in person with no legal representative.

I object to the claimants request for Relief from sanctions pursuant to CPR 3.9 from the order dated 9th March 2015 as I can see no reason why an extension of time is necessary.

A redacted letter was supplied to the claimant’s solicitors by way of my Application to Set Aside on 2nd February 2015.The redacted letter showed enough information to prove that there was no debt.

The Notice of Hearing for setting aside was 3rd February 2015 informing all parties that the hearing would take place on 9th March 2015

There was no evidence given at the hearing on 9th March 2015 that the claimant had made any attempt to request information from the original creditor. They had had over a month to collect information but chose to rely on my redacted letter.

I too relied upon the redacted letter, previously supplied to the court and the claimants solicitor, and this was presented by me as evidence at the hearing were by both Deputy District Judge XXX and the claimants’ barrister confirmed and agreed that there was no debt.

This resulted in the Order being made that:

• The judgment against me was set aside

• The claimant must file and serve amended Particulars of Claim by 4pm on 7th April 2015. In default, the claim will stand struck out.

This gave the claimant a further 28 days to gather the information.

With respect, if an extension of time is allowed the only outcome will be a duplicate of information already supplied. The claimant will not be in a position to file and serve an amended Particulars of Claim.

Need to add their application since 7th April and bring it up to date.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just detail their application and what order they seek and why you intend to make application to object...then your CS is up to date and also supporting your application.

Regards#

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

Could some kind knowledgeable soul have a look at my case summary. I've got to get this delivered early next week and I've been working really really hard on it but would like some encouragement/criticism.......

Case Summary

25th August 1999: The Defendant and Lloyds TSB (the Bank) entered into an agreement regulated by the consumer credit Act 1974 for Credit Card ending in number XXXX. PPI was added as a condition of acceptance.

October 2001: The Bank converted the credit card to account ending in number XXXX

September 2003: The defendant stopped using the card for transactions and made monthly payments in an effort to clear the outstanding balance of approx. £3XXX

November 2008: The defendant entered into a debt management plan. The interest was frozen and the bank cancelled the PPI policy

April 2009: The Bank passed the account to their recoveries team, the balance was £4xxx

January 2011: The defendant cancelled Debt Management Plan

August 2011: The defendant made a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA request) for a true copy of the credit agreement for account number ending (2nd No.). This request, to date has not been complied with.

20th March 2012: The defendant made a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 to the bank for all information held in relation to any dealings the defendant had had with the bank. To date this has not been fully complied with.

5th November 2012: The defendant wrote to the Bank regarding mis- selling of the PPI policy.

24th June 2014: The account was assigned to Cabot Financial Ltd (the claimant)

3rd December 2014: The claimant instructed Restons solicitors.

29th December 2014: The defendant received a County Court Claim Form issued 22nd December 2014.

14th January 2015: Judgment was awarded, in default for the claimant.

15th January 2015: The defendants claim for PPI was upheld by the Bank, the account was recalculated from 1999 which put the account into credit at April 2009 resulting in indebtedness to the defendant.

2nd February 2015: The defendant received notification of the CCJ and applied for a set aside hearing.

9th March 2015: The Judgment was set aside and the claimant was ordered to file and serve amended particulars of claim by 7th April. In default the claim would be struck out.

31st March 2015: The claimant made an application for Relief from Sanction pursuant to CPR 3.9 from the order dated 9th March,

1st May 2015: The defendant wrote to the court with his objections as he felt an extension of time should not be necessary.

2) Itemised List of Issues:

I'm struggling with this

3) Draft Order or Direction Sort:

“IT IS ORDERED THAT:-

1. The Claimant's application for Relief from Sanctions is dismissed.

2. The Claim against the defendant is struck out.

4) Up to date time estimate, if there is to be a Final Hearing:

struggling here to

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by nunnyrose
bits added

Will leave message for andyorch for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When they changed the account number, did they change the type of card you had ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When they changed the account number, did they change the type of card you had ?

yes CB, I think so. The 1st card was an Asset card, I think just mastercard. The 2nd card was both mastercard and Visa I think. I originally put in separate PPI claims for each card, but it then became apparent that card 2 followed on from card 1.

Ignore the case summary above, I've reworked it as follows, but would still appreciate some feedback

Claim Number : XXXX

Claimants Name: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited. Ref:xxxx

Defendants Name: Mr NunnyRose, Litigant in Person

Case Summary:

1) On xx August 1999 The Defendant entered into an agreement with Lloyds TSB (the Bank) regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for credit card account number 1234. Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) was added as a condition of acceptance. The credit card account was closed in October 2001 and a new credit card facility was opened for account number 5678.

2) In August 2011 the Defendant made a formal request by way of a section 78 request for a true copy of the credit agreement for account number ending 5678. This request, to date has not been complied with, and the defendant informed the Bank that the account was in dispute.

On 20th March 2012 the Defendant made a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 to the Bank, for all information held in relation to any dealings the Defendant had had with the bank. To date this has not been fully complied with.

The Defendant wrote to the Bank on 5th November 2012 regarding mis- selling of PPI policy for both accounts.

3) On or around 29th December 2014 The Defendant received a County Court Claim Form issued 22nd December 2014, which the Defendant did not respond to and Judgment by default was entered against the Defendant on 14th January 2015. On 15th January 2015 the Defendants’ claim for mis- sold Payment Protection Insurance for both accounts was upheld, and the Bank recalculated the accounts from 1999. This put the claimant back into the position he would have been in had PPI not been added. As a result, as of April 2009 the account was in credit by £1xxx.xx

4) On 2nd February 2015 the Defendant applied for a set aside hearing, and the hearing took place on 9th March 2015, where it was agreed by all parties present that there was no debt to the original credititor or to the Claimant. The Judgment was set aside and the claimant was ordered to file and serve amended particulars of claim by 7th April 2015. In default the claim would be struck out.

On 31st March 2015 the Claimant made an application for Relief from Sanction pursuant to CPR 3.9 from the order dated 9th March 2015. The Defendant wrote to the court on 1st May 2015 to object to an extension of time.

Itemised List of Issues:

It is respectfully submitted the following issues are to be determined:

(i) Does the Credit Agreement (CCA) dated on or around 2nd September 1999 and regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 as referred to in the Claimants Particulars of Claim relate to credit card account number 4567, which was entered into in October 2001 or does claim relate to credit card account number 1234 entered into in August 1999?

(ii) Does the redacted letter referred to, and presented at the set aside hearing of 9th March 2015, show a credit balance of £1xxx.xx to the Defendant as of April 2009 thus extinguishing the alleged debt as stated within the Claimants Particulars of Claim?

(iii) Does the redacted letter presented at the set aside hearing of 9th March 2015 confirm that the Payment Protection Policy mis-selling applied to both of the above accounts and that the accounts are linked and that the Defendant has been refunded monies owed to him in respect of both accounts?

(iv) Is there any more information that can be obtained from the original creditor that would alter that there is no debt owed by the Defendant?

Draft Order or Direction Sort:

IT IS ORDERED THAT:-

1. The Claimant's application for Relief from Sanctions is dismissed.

2. The Claim against the Defendant is struck out.

Up to date time estimate, if there is to be a Final Hearing:

still struggling with this, claimant is estimating that a final hearing will take up to 2 hours

I'm guessing AndyT is away at the moment, haven't seen him posting anywhere for a couple of days

We are usually thin on the ground around Bank Holiday weekends, nunny :(

BCOBS

I am sure andy will look in on you as soon as he can :)

BCOBS

Thats fine CB - so now the next stage is to see if the court allow relief from Sanctions...which will be determined at the next hearing.

Here you go - sorry nunnyrose.. andy had left a message for me to pass on to you.. I only just noticed :(

BCOBS

1 hour should be ample NR.

Regards

Andy

CPR PD 39A

6.2 No party or member of the public may use unofficial recording equipment in any court or judge’s room without the permission of the court. To do so without permission constitutes a contempt of court. [section 9 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981]

This would apply to telephone hearings also.

"EXPLETIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

They got their extension of time quoting Denton + Mitchell

Judge was not opposed to extra time but would not accept the 8 weeks the claimant was requesting as considered they'd had enough time already.

However, granted them a further 28 days to file amended POC or in default claim will be struck out.

Feeling really deflated at the moment as this is going to drag on and on..... :(