Vauxhall complaints

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Stumbled on this site while looking for information around an ongoing issue I have with Vauxhall.

The story so far:

I went to replace a tyre yesterday as it kept going down got to the tyre centre and the technician said he wouldn’t fit the tyre as the wheel rim had two cracks in it and it would be dangerous to fit the tyre.

my wheels are quite large as they are 20" alloys, anyway I took it back to the dealership and plonked it on their desk and asked them what are they going to do about it as the car is a 2009 model and I don’t think that the wheels on my car should be cracking after just 3 years (car is now out of Vauxhall warranty and the extended warranty won’t cover it).

They have taken my wheel and have gone to Vauxhall UK to see if there is anything that can be done.

at this current time I'm spending hours on the phone almost as a go between for the dealer and VUK, VUK are looking to see what they can offer but it’s not looking good at this time; so my question is what rights do I have to get my wheel/s replaced by VUK or am I barking up a tree for nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

Alloys are very easily damaged, as you'll know, by misuse. It will be hard to push the point that the wheel had an inherent fault and that would be up to you to prove if Vauxhall deny anything was wrong with the manufacture process.

Hi all,

Stumbled on this site while looking for information around an ongoing issue I have with Vauxhall.

The story so far:

I went to replace a tyre yesterday as it kept going down got to the tyre centre and the technician said he wouldn’t fit the tyre as the wheel rim had two cracks in it and it would be dangerous to fit the tyre.

my wheels are quite large as they are 20" alloys, anyway I took it back to the dealership and plonked it on their desk and asked them what are they going to do about it as the car is a 2009 model and I don’t think that the wheels on my car should be cracking after just 3 years (car is now out of Vauxhall warranty and the extended warranty won’t cover it).

They have taken my wheel and have gone to Vauxhall UK to see if there is anything that can be done.

at this current time I'm spending hours on the phone almost as a go between for the dealer and VUK, VUK are looking to see what they can offer but it’s not looking good at this time; so my question is what rights do I have to get my wheel/s replaced by VUK or am I barking up a tree for nothing.

Steve

Barking up the wrong tree I'd say. You need to provide evidence to them that this is a known issue. THis will be in the form or repairs per thousand cars made. Nighon impossible to do.

• 1 month later...

New Car owners who experienced abnormal tyre wear within the first 12 months of ownership may have found it almost impossible to get or obtain any compensation from the manufacturer or dealership as the company does not warrant the tyres. I saw a Vauxhall tyre action group appear on the web and it looks as though real issue is brewing. Even though the rear geometry was found to be incorrectly setup the vehicle company refused to compensate me for the badly worn tyres. Power to the people I Say

Hi all,

The story so far:

Steve