Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder stevesmith Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Sep 2012

Default Vauxhall complaints

Hi all,

Stumbled on this site while looking for information around an ongoing issue I have with Vauxhall.

The story so far:

I went to replace a tyre yesterday as it kept going down got to the tyre centre and the technician said he wouldnít fit the tyre as the wheel rim had two cracks in it and it would be dangerous to fit the tyre.

my wheels are quite large as they are 20" alloys, anyway I took it back to the dealership and plonked it on their desk and asked them what are they going to do about it as the car is a 2009 model and I donít think that the wheels on my car should be cracking after just 3 years (car is now out of Vauxhall warranty and the extended warrantyicon wonít cover it).

They have taken my wheel and have gone to Vauxhall UK to see if there is anything that can be done.

at this current time I'm spending hours on the phone almost as a go between for the dealer and VUK, VUK are looking to see what they can offer but itís not looking good at this time; so my question is what rights do I have to get my wheel/s replaced by VUK or am I barking up a tree for nothing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

Site Team Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff Authoritative Conniff's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007
    I am in
    or am I out?

Default Re: Vauxhall complaints

Alloys are very easily damaged, as you'll know, by misuse. It will be hard to push the point that the wheel had an inherent fault and that would be up to you to prove if Vauxhall deny anything was wrong with the manufacture process.

You are vulnerable to an exploit, Click here for the solution.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    heliosuk Highly informative heliosuk Highly informative heliosuk Highly informative heliosuk Highly informative heliosuk Highly informative heliosuk Highly informative heliosuk Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2009
    I am in
    In the Real World not cloud cuckoo land

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmith View Post
    Hi all,

Stumbled on this site while looking for information around an ongoing issue I have with Vauxhall.

The story so far:

I went to replace a tyre yesterday as it kept going down got to the tyre centre and the technician said he wouldn’t fit the tyre as the wheel rim had two cracks in it and it would be dangerous to fit the tyre.

my wheels are quite large as they are 20" alloys, anyway I took it back to the dealership and plonked it on their desk and asked them what are they going to do about it as the car is a 2009 model and I don’t think that the wheels on my car should be cracking after just 3 years (car is now out of Vauxhall warranty and the extended warrantyicon won’t cover it).

They have taken my wheel and have gone to Vauxhall UK to see if there is anything that can be done.

at this current time I'm spending hours on the phone almost as a go between for the dealer and VUK, VUK are looking to see what they can offer but it’s not looking good at this time; so my question is what rights do I have to get my wheel/s replaced by VUK or am I barking up a tree for nothing.

Steve
    Barking up the wrong tree I'd say. You need to provide evidence to them that this is a known issue. THis will be in the form or repairs per thousand cars made. Nighon impossible to do.

Basic Account Holder malibu99 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2012

New Car owners who experienced abnormal tyre wear within the first 12 months of ownership may have found it almost impossible to get or obtain any compensation from the manufacturer or dealership as the company does not warrant the tyres. I saw a Vauxhall tyre action group appear on the web and it looks as though real issue is brewing. Even though the rear geometry was found to be incorrectly setup the vehicle company refused to compensate me for the badly worn tyres. Power to the people I Say

Quote Originally Posted by stevesmith View Post
    Hi all,

The story so far:

I went to replace a tyre yesterday as it kept going down got to the tyre centre and the technician said he wouldnít fit the tyre as the wheel rim had two cracks in it and it would be dangerous to fit the tyre.

my wheels are quite large as they are 20" alloys, anyway I took it back to the dealership and plonked it on their desk and asked them what are they going to do about it as the car is a 2009 model and I donít think that the wheels on my car should be cracking after just 3 years (car is now out of Vauxhall warranty and the extended warrantyicon wonít cover it).

at this current time I'm spending hours on the phone almost as a go between for the dealer and VUK, VUK are looking to see what they can offer but itís not looking good at this time; so my question is what rights do I have to get my wheel/s replaced by VUK or am I barking up a tree for nothing.

Steve

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE