• Tweets

• I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ESA Decision. How long to wait ?

Charlie996
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I had to attend the ATOS medical centre for a review. I am currently on ESA in the "support group" due to clinical depression and severe anxiety.

I had the review over 4 weeks ago now and am anxious to know of the outcome.

The review was a fairly quick affair after I handed over a letter from the the Consultant psychiatrist who is treating me..

In the letter he gave information that I was under his care and would not be fit for work for some months...

No mental health questions were asked of me during the ATOS medical..

I am sick with worry now that nearly 5 weeks have passed and I have not been made aware of the outcome of the medical review.

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks .

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies.

It got to the part in the procedure where the examiner asked about medication. So I produced all the prescriptions and the card with all the appointments on it to show that I am attending all the appointments. Along with this was the letter from the consultant which the examiner read..

Things then moved quickly to physical examination though I do not know why as I am off with clinical depression...

I think the DWP fail to recognise just how traumatic these ATOS appointments can be to some one in my position.. The worry of the procedure and the possible outcomes is just awful though I do realise why they have to be done.

Many thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies.

It got to the part in the procedure where the examiner asked about medication. So I produced all the prescriptions and the card with all the appointments on it to show that I am attending all the appointments. Along with this was the letter from the consultant which the examiner read..

Things then moved quickly to physical examination though I do not know why as I am off with clinical depression...

I think the DWP fail to recognise just how traumatic these ATOS appointments can be to some one in my position.. The worry of the procedure and the possible outcomes is just awful though I do realise why they have to be done.

Many thanks !

Hi again I now feel truly desperate as I have been informed that I failed to get enough points..

As above At the ATOS medical I handed in a letter given to me by my Consultant which stated clearly that I would be unfit for work for some months..

I am suffering from diagnosed clinical depression and anxiety and this whole process is not helping one bit.

I am worried sick with what to do now..

I am awaiting a call back from DWP to explain what to do but I realise I will have top appeal .

I intend to ask the help of My Consultant with this as I just can't cope with it. How long do I have to complete any forms required by the DWP and which ones do I need to get or download ???

I really am sorry to have to ask for help but am at My witts end here at what to do and how to do it.

Thanks....

Hi again I now feel truly desperate as I have been informed that I failed to get enough points..

As above At the ATOS medical I handed in a letter given to me by my Consultant which stated clearly that I would be unfit for work for some months..

I am suffering from diagnosed clinical depression and anxiety and this whole process is not helping one bit.

I am worried sick with what to do now..

I am awaiting a call back from DWP to explain what to do but I realise I will have top appeal .

I intend to ask the help of My Consultant with this as I just can't cope with it. How long do I have to complete any forms required by the DWP and which ones do I need to get or download ???

I really am sorry to have to ask for help but am at My witts end here at what to do and how to do it.

Thanks....

I'm sorry to hear of your problems.

I'm not that experienced with benefits, but what I can tell you is what happens to my dad on a regular basis.

He is re-assessed every six months. Each re-assessment always ends up with a failure - nil points. I appeal on his behalf and eventually I am told that the appeal will be heard by the Tribunal. During this time he continues to get the 'assessment rate'.

Then about 4 months before the hearing takes place he is re-assessed again and this goes on and on and on. At any one time there are always two appeals waiting to be heard as it is taking about a year for the Tribunal hearing to take place.

Then following the hearing he is put into the Support Group which only last for 6 months because of the next appeal in the line

I'm sorry to hear of your problems.

I'm not that experienced with benefits, but what I can tell you is what happens to my dad on a regular basis.

He is re-assessed every six months. Each re-assessment always ends up with a failure - nil points. I appeal on his behalf and eventually I am told that the appeal will be heard by the Tribunal. During this time he continues to get the 'assessment rate'.

Then about 4 months before the hearing takes place he is re-assessed again and this goes on and on and on. At any one time there are always two appeals waiting to be heard as it is taking about a year for the Tribunal hearing to take place.

Then following the hearing he is put into the Support Group which only last for 6 months because of the next appeal in the line

If I have to appeal which looks likely how long do I have ?? I'm not due to see the consultant for five more weeks so should I ask for an appointment sooner ??

Also what forms or paperwork ate needed ??

I cannot tell You how stressful this is getting. !! I paid into the system for nearly 38 years before this lot kicked off in the belief that there was a safety net when things go wrong..

Now I just feel lost....

I am or should I say was in the so called Support group until this last medical..

Thanks

You will need to complete a GL24, this is an appeal form. In it you need to state the reasons why you're appealing and why you feel you are unable to work. It may be an idea to utilise the help of a professional body...like CAB etc. They generally know what's relevant and how to best match your health condition to the descriptors needed to qualify for ESA.

Do you have a copy of the letter from your consultant? If so, make sure you include that in your appeal. Ideally any supporting evidence should be sent in with the ESA50. If you take it to the WCA appointment then there's a good chance the HCP won't pass it on to DWP or it may be misplaced etc....make sure you ask about this when they call you back. Also ask for a copy of the Medical Report they made about you.

You will also need to start providing medical certificates throughout your appeal to get paid.

Yes I do have a copy of the letter from the Consultant... Providing medical certificates will not be a problem..

Sorry but I do not understand what the ESA50 IS or what the WCA appointment means or even what HCP is...

I really am not up to speed on what all those abbreviations mean..

I really am at a loss here.. DWP did not inform Me by letter of any decision they simply amended the usual payment.

This of course made me call them.. They then informed me that I had failed to score enough points at the ATOS medical..

When I attended the medical I was asked none of the questions related to either Mental health or depression.. Amazingly I was put through a physical examination and asked if I could touch my head with my hands and so on !

I really do appreciate any help and advice I can get.. Thank You..

Sorry, didn't mean to baffle you with abbreviations....

ESA50 is the questionnaire that was sent to you at the beginning of your assessment - basically your chance to provide info about your illness etc

WCA stands for Work Capability Assessment

HCP is Health Care Professional - the person you saw.

One thing to remember is that appointment you attend isn't to go through the full details of your illness again - it's just to ask you further questions about certain parts of you illness. So they may have had enough about your non physical illness. That's the theory anyway....

:Charlie996:

You can't appeal a decision until it's officially notified to you in writing. In due course an ESA65 disallowance notice will drop through your letter box. You then have one month from the date on the letter to complete a GL24 appeal form. (Available on request from Jobcentreplus or can be downloaded from the internet.) Include a copy of your consultant's letter.

The full ESA85 Atosser's report of the 'assessment' is available on request from Jobcentreplus, but don't let waiting for a copy delay returning the GL24. There's no rhyme or reason to Atosh 'assessments' so no point in trying to work out what happened.

On receipt of your appeal a decision maker will consider whether the decision can be changed

(unlikely) and if not, forward your appeal to the Tribunals Service. On production of Med3 (unfit notes) Jobcentreplus will pay assessment rate employment and support allowance until the hearing.

That's all the info you need for the moment. Come back to us, if you need to, with questions about the tribunal process.

Best wishes, have a cheery :panda:, Margaret.

Edit:

Should :fightingback99: have sussed your situation correctly, the notification you receive will be an award letter for the work related activity component of employment and support allowance. Appeal process is the same, cept that you'll not need unfit notes for your payments to continue.

Edited by **Margaret**

. DWP did not inform Me by letter of any decision they simply amended the usual payment.

This of course made me call them.. They then informed me that I had failed to score enough points at the ATOS medical..

Can I just clarify, are you saying your payment was reduced from Support Group payment of £105 approx to WRAG group £99 approx which means you've still been awarded ESA , just moved group, or totally stopped meaning you haven't passed the assessment.?

Can I just clarify, are you saying your payment was reduced from Support Group payment of £105 approx to WRAG group £99 approx which means you've still been awarded ESA , just moved group, or totally stopped meaning you haven't passed the assessment.?

What happened was a payment of £45 was made instead of the usual £210 made every two weeks. So I phoned the benefits delivery office to ask what was going on.

I was told by the rather rather confused person that I had been disallowed because I had not scored enough points. I was also told I would get a phone call from the department to explain what had happened and why. That call never came.

So far I have had nothing in writing from any DWP department to tell me what is going on. But I was made aware by the fact that the benefit was stopped or at least payment was incomplete.

Thanks.

i would think the payment is in part up to where you failed assessment.....you need to get a GL24 form and put in appeal, this will put you back on ESA assessment rate, until they either change their minds (unlikely) or it goes to appeal....

i think ATOS are now using the 'mirror test' if you can fog a mirror with your breath, you are fit for work!!

i would think the payment is in part up to where you failed assessment.....you need to get a GL24 form and put in appeal, this will put you back on ESA assessment rate, until they either change their minds (unlikely) or it goes to appeal....

i think ATOS are now using the 'mirror test' if you can fog a mirror with your breath, you are fit for work!!

Can I ask what is assessment rate ?

As yet I have had no notification in writing so it seems I can do nothing until that arrives.

As much as going to appeal fills me with horror I have little choice but to do so.

The savings I have are now dwindling as the ESA benefit is the only one I have applied for. At one point I had more than the 16K now most of that has gone just keeping up with bills and stuff but at least I'm not in debt.... Yet.....But that will come sooner rather than later if the benefit ceases or decreases ...

Why is ATOS failing so many genuine people ? Is it a silly question to ask what a full appeal procedure costs ? Along with the need to keep people like the Doctors busy with having to write sick lines ??

Up until My accident i mid 2007 which kicked of this whole sorry affair I ran a small business and paid a huge amount in both tax and NI contributions. I worked from the age of 15 solidly with not a day of claiming any money at all. I'm 55 now. I feel so cheated that the safety net that I was paying into has so many and such large holes in it ! Sorry rant over ..........

Thank You all again !

assessment rate of esa is the same amount as jobseekers, about £67 p.w. i would ring dwp and confirm you have failed, ask the operator that you intend to appeal, and also ask for form GL24, i did this and on receipt of my sick note they reinstated money immediately so didnt have a gap in payment luckily....why are ATOS failing so many genuine people, it is this ideological driven govt that is doing this...ATOS are just obeying instructions, 'if you can breath and show any signs of life' you are fit for work...appeals are now running into £m's but as from next year if you appeal you wont be entitled to money till appeal is heard!! great init?

a lot of us feel the same way, after paying in for 35 years now in need, i feel your pain as well but we are insignificant as far as the wider public are concerned...TILL IT HAPPENS TO YOU! then they realise what is wrong the whole bloody sorry mess...dont know bout your area but appeals in mine are taking up to a year to get there, however, they do leave you alone for this time...have a look at the site and read around all the esa failed threads to get an idea....good luck!!

as an aside they are dead crafty, at my assessment the 'nurse' had written i could go back to work in 3 months...god knows where she got this figure from?' they didnt send me the results until 2 months and 3 weeks had gone by, then stating your money will stop next week....giving me a week to sort it out...i was lucky a lot of people find out when their money suddenly stops !!! it is about time that the people of this country woke up and realised what is going on....no one knows when illness or disability may strike them down, but its the usual 'I'm alright jack' attitude in this country

:charlie 996:

Theory is that decision makers explain their decisions via a phone call. Doesn't always happen.

Seems that the ESA65 disallowance notice has got lost between the decision makers's desk and your letterbox. Suggest you phone your benefit delivery centre (number will be on your last award letter) to chase a copy. Once you've read it you'll be able to send off a GL24 appeal form.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Absolutely stunned....................

Today I received the letter from DVLA informing me that I have been disallowed.

When I went to the ATOS centre I was in a right state. In the interview its self I was I'm ashamed to say in tears...

I was asked none of the Mental health questions only ones about physical health of which I have no real problems...

The letter says I was fine at the interview and conducted my self in a reasonable manner !!!

It says I have no issues with dealing with people and am confident !!

No mention was made of the letter I presented that was written by the Consultant at all.

SCORE ?????

You guessed 0 points.. Not even one point.... How can this be ?

When under pressure I get twitchy. Very embaressing and I hate it ! Mostly I dont even know Im doing it but when things are really bad I know its happening.

I was pretty bad on the day of the interview ! Another thing I do when under severe pressure is just simply walk out or away from the situation I find my self in. Its the only way I can cope.

I explained this to the Person conducting the interview. Just in case I did just that. Walked out.

Of course I didn't do it but struggled through but did break down in tears as I felt so trapped and ashamed.

I need help now on what to put on paper if that is possible.

Im very sorry to ask for this but I cannot go to somehere like CAB as I cannot in my present state cope with doing that..

Thank You all very much.

Hi Charlie

I guess you mean DWP, not DVLA. All this stress gets anyone muddled up.

My understanding is that you were previously in the Support Group for ESA. You have a current Consultants Letter. Really in my opinion you should not have to ask your consultant for further medical evidence, after all, they are supposed to be helping the sick, not administrators for the DWP.

I think you should consider asking your local MP to get involved, giving him/her a copy of the letter from your Consultant. The DWP hate it when an MP gets involved and you might find that this speeds your appeal process up. The appeal is made to reconsider your claim on form GL24, please ensure you complete and send it asap together with a copy of all medical evidence (even though you may have already sent it with your ESA50). For support for yourself, do you have a Welfare Rights/CAB organisation who could come and visit you at home to help you.

You must get that GL24 in without delay though, so if Welfare Rights/CAB cannot see you for sometime, just send the form in with copy evidence.

GL24 to appeal decision and help from your MP should be enough to get you through this very stressful time.

Good luck, Joe