Sample account closure request letter

complete novice
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have looked for a template letter requesting for my account to be closed. I have searched on google and on here but I can not find one. Please can somebody help me find a sample or template letter that writes to the branch manager requesting an account to be closed down.

Why close it? Why not just leave a pound in there? It will cost the banks.

Just keep an eye on the account as they might put some sneaky charges in.

However, if you do want to close it then I think you have to give them notice and make sure all your DD's and SO's are sorted out.

Abbey (Charges on 3 accounts and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 30/03/06 - 40 days limit is 9th May - Recieved DPA printouts 05/04/06 with microfiche "fob off" letter. <p>Barclaycard (Charges on 1 account and default on my credit record) - DPA letter sent 03/04/06 - 40 days limit is 13th May - Recieved some statements 08/04/06 along with DPA printout and a microfiche "fob off" letter. Claim for £340 sent 11/04/06

My request for closure has nothing to do with claiming bank charges. I have been treated very well by the bank in question - I would just like to close the account. I am not interested in keeping it open - please can you help me write a letter requesting the account to be closed.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Closure of Account Number *******

I am writing to you to request the closure of the above account with immediate effect (or whatever date).

I await your response

Yours sincerely

Mr/s Complete Novice

Then wait for the phone call/letter asking you why and can they do anything to persuade you to stay. Btw the templete letters are only relating to Bank Charges.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks