daughters RLP letter 15+16yrs old - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, yesterday my sister acted very stupid and stole from primark and as she is 16 the police were kind enough to let us go without calling our parents (I was with her and my younger sister who is 15).

I wanted to know how long it takes for the letter to reach my house as I dont want my parents finding out. also, the police officer that was there said that primark might/ might not send out the letter but if they do it should only be a sum of £40 for wasting security officers time.

how long does it take for the letter to come home and how likely is it for it to be sent home?

please help

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well if you do get an RLP letter demanding money DO NOT PAY IT!!

only COURTS or the POLICE can 'fine' you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i dont think you can or will avoid that.

if you pay they'll hound you for more

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Really? so, what exactly is a civil recovery letter? will it go to court? because the officer that was there said that it shouldn't be no more than £40 and if it isn't paid then it will go to court but then he also said that she should be lucky if they don't send one as their products were taken back in good condition

there are plenty of examples in this forum.

and it will NOT goto court.

ignore them

but i dont think you'll ecape the parent trap

dx

and they

The officer was wrong. The police won't be taking you to court - they would have said something at the time if they were considering a prosecution.

RLP won't be taking anyone to court because they have no direct involvement and did not suffer any losses.

The store won't be taking anyone to court for "wasting a security person's time" because the recent court case in Oxford shows that they would fail

RLP send speculative invoices. If you pay, that is a bonus for them. Better to just send the single line response "I deny any liability to you or your clients. I will not enter into any further correspondence with your company." and leave it at that. Don't respond to any more letters.

You probably need to show this thread as well as a few other threads to your parents when you and your sister admit everything to your parents. Talking is good.

Stop stressing. If you do get a letter, post the contents on here, or rip it up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Read the previous replies and a few threads. Then stop worrying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...

I just got a letter as my mum called them up to ask if she could pay it off by installments. A letter came through the post confirming the 'settlement agreement'

now it says that there is 1.50 total of admin fee for every time we pay...I tried to explain to my mum but she wasn't ready to listen..I finally got her to listen and showed her this thread

she wants to know Is it too late to ignore their letters now?

No, it's not too late to ignore RLP, but calling them and agreeing to pay has certainly not made it easier.

I would suggest sending, by recorded delivery, a short letter:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your recent correspondence. Having now had an opportunity to seek advice, any liability to you or any company you claim to represent is denied.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

Ahhh I'm so nervous

Thank you so much for you help, I can't thank you enough

in the letter it also says that if we dont pay they will come to our door to collect the money

Hello there.

Can you post up the exact wording of what they say about coming to your door please? That will help us to advise you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

here i've done it

• Haha 1

and they