How to decline a settlement offer?

Wissa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is a new thread as I don't know how to continue on my existing thread.

At the end of August I received a letter from Cobbetts offering me £2100 of my £4000 claim. It gave me 7 days to respond but I was away on holiday and the time had expired when I returned to find the letter. I have today received the letter again, giving me a further 7 days. The difficulty I have is that this claim has been going on since June and the 28 days that I initially gave them has long since passed. I have found the letter template to decline the offer but the ending isn't appropriate as I can't say 'My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until 23/07/06 to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale' so what date is reasonable to put on the end?

This is what I have prepared, is it acceptable?

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter dated 05/10/06.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £4000.00

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

You have until 20/10/06 to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

perfect!! thats fine, this is the one thats in the templates section and is very similar to what you wrote, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

you have explained that you will only accept it as part settlement and made it clear you will be pursing the rest, thats all they need to know!

Hi, I think your letter is excellent! straight to the point, and no messing!

A friend of mine is claiming from NATWEST and is in the same position, would it be possible for her to use your letter? I know there's a similar template letter, but prefer your wording!

Sorry if this seems cheeky, but I think its better to ask, rather than just pinch it. ;)