Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder liam12345 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

Default Re: HSBC Mortgage PPI Claim

Quote Originally Posted by citizenB View Post
    This was shortly after the Court case when the BBA and Banks thought they could browbeat the FSA into backing down. Other banks were also given extensions to deal with the floodgates that were opened when the Banks lost their case. It was only for a set period of time, and that has well passed.
    Thanks CitizenB I thought I had read it somewhere! Just got to do some more homework on the Loan and mortgageicon PPIicon payment history so I know the value of the potential claim then will be fully prepared for the conclusion of their investigation in 4 weeks time.

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

Think I have the Motgage PPIicon claim in hand but I do have one question about my loan
    - from my records i paid out a one off payment called Payment Loan Protection of 618 in Sept 2002
    this loan was with HSBCicon which quite soon after got consolidated into an extension of my mortgageicon.

I received no rebate and the PPI was consolidated into the loan.

As this was a single premium front loaded PPI payement made in Sept 2002 how much should I be claiming for?

Is it 8% per annum or monthly up until todays date?

It makes a huge difference and apologies if that is a stupid question but not sure how the interesticon works on a single premium PPI payment

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

right ths is more complex than it first looks

PPIicon was thus rolled over into the mortgageicon
    so MORE INT

i think you need IMS21 to do one of his master rollover spreadsheets.

your inline for 1000's!!!

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    right ths is more complex than it first looks

PPIicon was thus rolled over into the mortgageicon
    so MORE INT

i think you need IMS21 to do one of his master rollover spreadsheets.

your inline for 1000's!!!

dx
    Thanks for the reply DX - let's hope so!!

From my records I can see that in Sept 2002 I paid just over 618 for 'Payment Loan Protection'
    and then not long after I re-mortgaged to consolidate the existing HSBCicon loan into my HSBC mortgageicon.

I already have a Mortgage PPI claim for the orignial mortgage PPI that was taken in 2001 and is being investigated by HSBC but for this loan they want me to fill out a questionnaire.

So I started to trail through my old paperwork and found this one off single premium (i think) payment that Im 99% sure got consolidated into my re-mortgage with HSBC.

I then switched mortgage supplier in 2005 for the 100% of the amount
    so my dealings with HSBC were done

but Im now a bit confused of what I can legitimiately claim for against the loan PPI.
    Please help?

I will be looking through my paperwork tomo but if you can give me any guidance in regards to the amount I might be able to claim for the loan then that woul be great!

IMS21 if you can help also that would be fantastic?!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

one of simple facts about PPIicon is -

if 'whatever' that had PPI associated with it
    is settled early...by 'whatever' method,
    that PPI should be rebated in cash, and NOT carried over into 'whatever' settled 'whatever' that had the PPI.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

one of simple facts about PPIicon is -

if 'whatever' that had PPI associated with it
    is settled early...by 'whatever' method,
    that PPI should be rebated in cash, and NOT carried over into 'whatever' settled 'whatever' that had the PPI.

dx
    So if the 618 PPI was paid in Sept 2002
    then consolidated into the mortgageicon in say Jan 2003
    and paid no further PPI on the mortgageicon what do I calculate for my claim?

Do I also need to include the interesticon that was applied to my mortgage from the time it was consolidated plus the 8% interest?

Also is the 8% interest per year?

I then switched mortgage supplier in Jan 2005 so this 618 was again carried into this mortgage and any subsequent mortgages to this day
    - I'm guessing I can only claim additional interest up until the time I switched my mortgage from HSBCicon but can still include the 8%?

Any help with these calculations would be greatly appreciated as it's getting a bit confusing?!!

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

i'll reply later

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

you'll need to do this
    workout the % of your PPIicon PCM on the first mortgageicon

total cash price ppi / total cash price of mortgageicon * 100 = xx%

then workout what xx% is your monthly payment on that mortgage was

then enter that figure FOR EVERY MONTH YOU ACTUALLY PAID the mortgage.

also take the settlemnt figure and workout what xx% is of that.

that will tell you WHAT PPI as carried over .

next step when you are ready.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

Just looked at my mortgageicon Repayment Protector Policy and my employment history
    - I was employed via an emploment agency on 30th April 2001 and took the motgage and the payment protection out in Aug 2001
    so I had been employed via this agency for a max of 4 months.

The policy states that in order to be eligible for cover I must be in employment but if I'm employed on a fixed term contract then I'm still eligible for cover apart from:
    "This policy does not cover any unemployment which results from the natural expiry of a fixed term contract unless,
    immediately prior to the claim, you are employed on an annual contract which has been renewed at least once,
    or you have been employed by the same employer for a period of 24 months"

They also clarify that Temporary Employment is
    "Employment for an indefinite period which is not intended to be permanent.
    Employment of this nature via an employment agency is coonsidered to be temporary work."

I was working for a firm via an agency on a 6 month contact that only had a 1 week notice
    so it wasn't a fixed term contract with the employer it was with the agency.

Plus as I was only with the agency for 4 months (not at least 24 months continuous employment)
    so they would have never paid out for any period of unemployment.

Also was this worked classed as a fixed term contract or temporary work
    - if it is temporary work I dont bellieve I would have been covered in the 1st place.

These recommendations (advice to take up mortgageicon Repayment Protection & Mortgage Protection Plan with Critical Illness and Income Protection
    (although as previously stated my parents were made to be gaurantors)
    were made at a financial planning review held face to face with HSBCicon.

They will know from my Bank statements that I started working for this new employement agency in April 2001
    as it would show on my HSBC accounts so it can be proven

however, I'm not sure if it would be classed as a Fixed Term Contract or Temporary work?!

I also not sure if my employemt status would be a reason claim for the Mortgage Protection Plan with Critical illness cover and Income Protection aswell
    as the Mortgage Repayment Protection Plan.

Any advice guys?

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

pers i wouldn't worry too much about justifying your reclaim.

you were told you had to have it to get the mortgageicon - end of.

go get 'em and lump in that useless CI & IP.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

pers i wouldn't worry too much about justifying your reclaim.

you were told you had to have it to get the mortgageicon - end of.

go get 'em and lump in that useless CI & IP.

dx
    Why are the CI and IP useless (sorry for being a bit thick) but I can find nowhere in the policy that links them to employment status at the time of taking out the policy?

I can claim based on that I was told that they had to be taken out to secure the mortgageicon

but just wondered if I wasn't eligible for them in the 1st place?

Do you think that at least on the Mortgage Repayment Protection that I have a good claim?

Thanks dx!

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

the only thing that is typically compulsory on a mortgageicon is building insurance

the rest your were spoofed into taking
    and
    that adviser made a healthy hidden commission out of you too for each one.

you were told you had to have them.

end of. only reason you need.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

the only thing that is typically compulsory on a mortgageicon is building insurance

the rest your were spoofed into taking
    and
    that adviser made a healthy hidden commission out of you too for each one.

you were told you had to have them.

end of. only reason you need.

dx
    Thanks dx! I'm probably looking far too deep into this half expecting an refusal from HSBCicon and just looking at other reasons I can hit them back with - I think if they do refuse I have a few good reasons for contesting their decision.

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

please dont send anything off till we get those spreadsheets done and checked

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

please dont send anything off till we get those spreadsheets done and checked

dx
    dx Now that I have got everyting in order I now have the following 3 seperate claims with HSBCicon:

1. Original mortgageicon taken out in Aug 2001 - claim put in for mis-soldicon mortgageicon Protection Plan inc critical illness & Mortgage Repayment Protector
    2. Original mortgage taken out in Aug 2001 - claim put in for mis-sold Individual Income Protection
    3. Personal Loan taken out in Sept 2002 which then got consolidated into a remortgage with HSBC in Jan/ Feb 2003 and I don't remember receiving a rebate of the PPI - PPI was 610.00, total charge for credit was 291.36 so total that would have been consolidated into re-mortgage would have been 901.36 if this was not rebated. This was then consolidated into the Remortgage and would have incurred 4.75% APR until I left HSBC in Feb 2005. Will prob need help with how I calculate this one.

I will dig out all of my paperwork and tackle each claim on a seperate spreadsheet and post it up on here with the info to see if I have completed the spreadsheet correctly. Thanks dx your help is invaluable! Will post on here tonight once the kids let me have the use of the laptop lol!

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

i'd lump 1+2 together as one claim [SOC]
    using one figure for ALL the stuff charged for monthly and call it protection or something

detail those in your fosicon CQ or the covering letter if you wish

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

dx
    mortgageicon Protection Plan and mortgageicon Protection was cancelled when I took out the remortgage in Jan/ Feb 2003 (Claim 1).

Income Protection (Claim 2 was continued (rightly or wrongly) and my last payment was in 2009.

So I thought it would make it easier to do 2 seperate spreadsheets for these.

Just had a response in the post from HSBCicon and it looks like they have now seperated out the claim 1 into 2 seperate claims.

When I raised the claim back in July they only included the Mortgage Protection plan inc critical illness
    so I phoned them to ensure that they would also include the Mortgage Payment Protection
    - now they have seperated this one out on a seperate claim and given themselves another 8 weeks for this one.

They only have 2 weeks left for claim 1

but it looks like that will now only include the Mortgage Protection plan inc critical illness.

Cheeky buggers!

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in

well as long as they are all covered then sorry
    i forgot you'd already submited a claim

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

well as long as they are all covered then sorry
    i forgot you'd already submited a claim

dx
    dx yes all are being investigated and after I phoned them today they have ensured me that all will be investigated and responded to in the 8 weeks since I raised the 2st claim back in July so only 2 weeks to wait. However, I want to complete the spreadsheets and get them looked at so that if they do uphold my complaint I can verify their offer and if they reject I can respond with my arguements and put in my calculations before taking it to the fosicon. I have perhaps jumped the gun in making a claim before doing my calcs but am keen to have the back up for any outcome - their response has a deadline of 11th Sept for all claims. Will look to do the spreadsheets tonight if you would be kind enough to cast your eye over them? Thanks

Cagger since
    Jul 2012

dx how do i insert the completed spreadsheet for you to review?

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE