Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder scotgal68 Highly informative scotgal68 Highly informative scotgal68 Highly informative scotgal68 Highly informative scotgal68 Highly informative scotgal68 Highly informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2008
    I am in
    glasgow

Default Re: Can I write to tax credits to admit I have been claiming falsely?

HMRC are in the middle of renewals, mad busy. It might take a while so try and switch off for now. Easier said than done x

Basic Account Holder susanawan Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2013

sorry to just jump in But I REALLY NEED HELP....
    Ok so first of all I'm not proud of what I've done but I really need help.

Last year march I was getting income support and other benefits because I'm a single parent and I have a 5 yr old daughter. I was keen to get out of benefits and start working so I got a job as a trainee beauty therapist. It was not apprenticeship but train while you work so I was given 600 pounds a month as salary and I was working 42 hours a week. After about 2-3 months I had to leave the job but I didn't notify HMRC that I stopped working. I was scared that they would stop paying me working tax credits and child tax credits. I thought I would go back to benefits until I got another job but My employer ( who was giving me 600 p/m) never gave me any pay slips or even p60 That you are meant to get after yo stop working or p 45 or any document. So I was stuck with not applying for benefits and not telling hmrc about stopping work. Now Last month I called HMRC and told them that I have just stopped working ( koz I was done with being scared that they would find out, But now I'm scared that they will still find out . They said ok and the changes will take place in 28 days. Now I'm sooooooo scared that they will find out That i havent worked since 10 months. There must be a system for them to find out right?? Though there was no paper work but my employer took my N.I number before I started working so I believe Im going to be in trouble soon. I also sent HMRC my tax form stating I was working the same. Please don't judge me and just tell me what should I do. I havent heard anythin from HMRC since I told them that I've stopped working. Nothing about an investigation or anything bad.
    What should I do now? Will they definitely find out that I wasn't working? Or should I just stay quiet and let the matter die as they know I'm not working anymore. Or should I just confess and may be they will b lenient that way
    PLEASE HELP

Basic Account Holder Rachie 1983 Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2013

I haven't heard either but again only been a few days xx

Site Team citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2007
    I am in
    Back of beyond

MrsT now has her own thread which can be found using the link below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ectly-claiming

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Mrst1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2013

Hi scotgal

But I have now requested a joint application. Do I need to supply every date where he came and went? I've got my bank statements showing I had my wages paid in every month to pay the bills doi send hat in also, if so how many months worth, or the whole 3 years? Also, regarding bills, do I need a copy of each bill for each month sending in for the past 3 years?

sorry just still I bit unsure how I'm leading it.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE