style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I am following this to see what I can do re my GMAC product but have a similar situation with one of the servicer's of that product which went to court. GMAC sold mortgage on and they took me to court attempting repo. Arrears have since been cleared but legal fees were added to the account in excess of those ordered. Two years of arguing saw me to take that Company to court for return of those fees as being unjust reward for them. I won. I am now trying to deal with the interest attracted by those fees and not returned or removed, which have increased the balance, since then the mortgage was passed on again to another servicing company who still have the excess fees on the balance sheet attracting interest. I am waiting for the previous company to advise the true balance that should have been transferred to the current company, as I know I am being overcharged and have to get them to rework the figures over the years affected. Not easy to get a response on this but having gone to court with it before I am confident that they will have to make the adjustments in the end.

• 1 month later...

Hi just giving this a little bump as was listening to LBC regarding this this morning. Is there anything claim for the consumer on this as surely if these rates were fixed and because of that it put people in financial hardship they normally wouldnt be in thus creating a snowball effect? Just a thought. It seems that even though these instutions were fined and found guilty of fixing these rates which had a detrimental effect on the homeowner nothing has really come out of it for the homeowner. Did that actually make any sense lol???? :)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Was re-mortgaged to GMAC’s LIBOR rate 25 years ago, what can I do if anything?

I was recently approached by a company who said there was a good chance we’d overpaid interest on our

mortgage, 10 months later I rang them to find out wtf, sorry no probs with your mortgage, after sending

them our passports and ID, the people originally dealing with us have no finished working there,gone, now called Foundation Home Loans, Paratus, formally GMAC.