RLP allegedly making a claim in their own name !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently RLP have issued a large claim against an ex employee of a retail store for 'losses arising as a result of breach of contractual and fiduciary duties'.

Hi

Can you qualify that statement. You say RLP have issued a large claim. Usually the store would instigate legal action via their solicitors who 'may' use the solicitors of RLP but the store would still be the claimant.

Suing an ex employee is vastly different to general shoplifting as a full investigation would have been undertaken before any action taken and the police may have been involved as well.

I will believe what you are saying when I see the full story.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Apparently RLP have issued a large claim against an ex employee of a retail store for 'losses arising as a result of breach of contractual and fiduciary duties'.

Did the employee have a contract with RLP? Seems unlikely so how can they sue?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Same as how Jacky tried it back when she was issuing Claims all over the place? Maybe she thinks she's found a loophole

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Same as how Jacky tried it back when she was issuing Claims all over the place?

Did they ever? There were no claims issued by them or County Collections between at least 2012 to late last year according to an HMCTS FoI.

She issued them like confetti before that judgement

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

RLP will be issuing on behalf of their client, the employer, not for themselves.

So it will be the employer issuing then won't it?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Semantics.

The employer will be the Claimant but the physical act of preparing the Court papers and issuing them will be RLP.

Maybe, but it seems a bit misleading to suggest that RLP are making the claim. Seems to me they're saying it's them to make other RLP victims think that they do have some teeth so they need to pay up, when in reality the Oxford case confirmed that their so-called fines are nothing of the sort.

jacky could be in very hot water over this.

The claimant is Retail Loss Prevention Ltd and their solicitors are listed as Shakespeare Martineau. I've no idea of their locus standi but there it is.

I wonder if RLP are doing what MIL Collections have started doing with private parking; assignments of debts that are based on speculative invoices (and so don't really exist), then bringing court claims. MIL never turn up to court and lose any defended claim, but I imagine the number of people intimidated into paying makes it worth while. It sounds like the sort of scheme that would appeal to La Lambert.

I wonder if RLP are doing what MIL Collections have started doing with private parking; assignments of debts that are based on speculative invoices (and so don't really exist), then bringing court claims. MIL never turn up to court and lose any defended claim, but I imagine the number of people intimidated into paying makes it worth while. It sounds like the sort of scheme that would appeal to La Lambert.

We are straying into theoretical territory now. IF it is true that RLP are making claims in their own name, they must 'own' the charge so an assumption is that they would have paid the store a fee for doing so. Until we see the case in question, all we can do is speculate.

It may be that they are doing an 'MIL' however I can't see this being successful as when RLP are acting for the store, they include non recoverable costs (security etc.). To act on their own, they wouldn't have the same standing.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently RLP have made an application to substitute the claimant for the retailer.

Now thats a suprise :-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Apparently RLP have made an application to substitute the claimant for the retailer.

Can you please provide more info on this. You can PM if the information is confidential.

• 2 months later...

and?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If RLP is not the legitimate claimant, then the only outcome is going to be a dismissal or strike-out of the claim.

Why?

CPR 19a:

''1.1 Parties may be removed, added or substituted in existing proceedings either on the court’s own initiative or on the application of either an existing party or a person who wishes to become a party.''

Note to self: Need to go to Specsavers. Lol!

Yes, totally agree with you, cjcregg. If RLP have put themselves as the Claimant, when they are not, then the retailer or the court are quite in order to change this. Perhaps, a closer eye needs to be kept on RLP.