lots of complaints about a website selling wigs within the UK : wigshow in China!!

MsR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I had a problem with what appeared to be a UK website selling mainly ladies' wigs.

I posted on another consumer forum - US-based - and have received quite a lot of reponses.

I did everything I was meant to do: I phoned Consumer Direct (now Citizens' Advice).

Wigshow are actually operating/selling from China; also mis-repressenting the quality of their wigs, try to dissuade people from raising Paypal disputes! They are only providing PO Box addresses for 'returns' - to which returned wigs won't get delivered!

I accepted a partial refund after raising a dispute with Paypal but others have only just become aware of the problems regarding this co. I was told by Citizens' Advice, who gave me a case no. - that they would, in turn, report to Trading Standards. I 'blogged' on to others to do the same; yet the site is still up and selling!! This has proved to be a very distressing experience for some customers, particularly those undergoing chemotherapy for cancer; hence suffering distressing hair loss; requiring a wig quickly from a 'UK company'! Why can't this site be closed down?

Edited by MsR
spelling omission

Unfortunately, even if Trading Standards had unlimited powers in the UK, there would be little they could do to regulate/enforce UK law on a supplier based in China.

The website has the details...

Registrant:

Wei Pang

Registrant type:

Non-UK Individual

Registrant's address:

tonghai road no285

shanghai

China

...and I could not find any UK phone number on the site. They also either own www.wigs.com, or have copied much of their content from that site, as there is a large amount in common.

Very generally, if a website lists no UK address, or no UK geographic telephone number, then its likely its not in the UK. This in turn means only the method you use for purchase can be used to get money back.

What was the reason Paypal (who are a Luxembourg based company for UK accounts) declined to offer a full refund? Its also worth adding Chinese suppliers often try to cause delays taking you beyond the time Paypal/Ebay etc will deal with a complaint.

The only other thing I can suggest is Wigshow have twitter and facebook accounts, and you might want to vent some of your anger there too, once you feel any solution via the company themselves is unlikely.