esa and return to work credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am currently on esa my sick note runs out next week.

I have been currently getting ready to go self employed, so as of next week i will end my esa claim, i was due to have a medical last week, my firend had agreed to take but their car had broke down so i couldnt get there.

I rang and rearranged my appointment for today, except yesterday i hurt my back while trying to some work in the garden, i rang first thing this morning to sy i couldnt get to the medical, and was told i was not able to change the appointment and i still had to attend, i informed the girl on the phone i could not even stand up straight let alone attempt several bus journeys and then a walk to the centre.

I am now in a bit of a panic as i was coming off esa next week anyway, but i know i will hear from the esa people as to why i didnt attend the medical, i am worried as once i come of esa i was going to apply for return to work credit as i will have no money until the business gets going.

Would they stop my esa from today?

Would be greatful of any help

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They may do, you failed to attend your medical and will have to show good reason for not attending,

If they do suspend and close then you will not be entitled to your Job Grant HBRO etc etc.

You will have to give them a ring and see what they say Monday, what a shame you didnt start your self employment last Monday :(

i did think that my claim was up this thursday but when i rang them they said my sick note runs out on the 21st.

i am confused with sick notes, i was first signed off on march 16 th for 4 weeks

then april 13th for 4 weeks

then may 11th for five weeks.

does my claim start from the day i was signed off? when was/is my 13th week incase i have got dates wrong

i have no idea thats what they told me when i rang them up on thursday to find out when my sick note ended.

Tink i will give them another ring in the morning to find out what is going on, does this mean i may be in the clear and be able to get my return to work credit?

and thanks for your help x

i have no idea thats what they told me when i rang them up on thursday to find out when my sick note ended.

Tink i will give them another ring in the morning to find out what is going on, does this mean i may be in the clear and be able to get my return to work credit?

and thanks for your help x

If they are saying you are ok to the 21st and you bring your S/E start date forward to start before the 21st , you will be enitled to it all if its accepted :)

Return to Work Credit is a tax-free payment of £40 per week for people that have, or have had, a health condition or disability.

It can be payable for up to 52 weeks as long as:

• your job is expected to last at least five weeks
  • you are working on average over 16 hours a week
  • your gross earnings do not exceed £288.46 per week, or £1,250 per month
  • you are earning at least the National Minimum Wage
  • you have been getting an incapacity benefit for 13 continuous weeks or more
  • you have started work or will be starting work within the five-week period immediately after being entitled to a qualifying benefit

• Confused 1

ok so would i end my claim say the 20th , the lady i spoke to said i will get my 2week payment on the 21st and to ring back then and end the claim or could i do it from say monday that i went self employed?

Sorry if im confusing you x

no problem we got a number from jc phoned them answered a few questions she sent form out we filled it in sent it back then got award notice saying it could take 5 weeks before we got any payments might take longer for self employed but just fill it in and see how u get on

Before you dive in I would ring up and confirm what indeed is your last date of ESA that covered by your sick note first..

If you are owed benefit you WILL be paid up to the date your sick note covers.

If you ring up and end your claim they can pay you by FP, same day banking for your last paymrent.

If you are starting full time work you need to start it the day after your med cert runs out , to get job grant and HBRO

i was told by a mate that the return to work credit takes about 2 weeks to get sorted and the job grant took a month to come through.

Im still not sure what day to end my claim.

JOB grant is paid the same day you notify the office takes three days to credit

suzibear already got the forms from jobcentre, and my business advisor as signed them so just need to get them in the post on monday morning, also need to ring for tax credits to confirm date of self employment as i have already been in touch with them.

I've seen that those going self employed have to fill out a weekly working hours sheet, and that you have to go in and review your situation after the first 10 weeks, and then after 26 weeks. Anyone know If this is correct?