esa and return to work credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sadone this is correct you have to provide proof of trading ie. invoices if you have purchased stuff for the buisness, recipets etc for work.

Suzibear i am sorted i hope lol im going self employed as a nail technician this has taken me 2 years to get this far, and last week i recieved confirmation from my council to work from home doing it, i have chronic back pain and at the moment have no car.

Just check out that date on the final sick note before you do anything when you make the call

i will do mike, will phone them first thing in the morning and get that checked, then ring day after payment to close claim?

i will do mike, will phone them first thing in the morning and get that checked, then ring day after payment to close claim?

you just need to be sure what date your med cert covers you to

then start the full timework next day :)

it must be continous to get HBRO and Job Grant :)

I want to work at home too due to my mobility problems, but I was worried about the council trying to pin business rates on me. I've seen a few horror stories on the net that worried me.

I'd be using an old bedroom too, (the upper floors of my house are in bad state of repair and only really fit for storage anyway) so I was thinking of putting up a table in there.

I wonder If that would be okay with them?

sadone my council just required me to fill a form in with what i would be doing, what hours i would be working, what i would have stored in the room for work use.

I then got a visit from my housing officer and he asked me two questions, then said he was waiting for the planning deptment and the roads deptment to get back to him, but didnt think there was any problems.

Business rates is payable if you use a room dedicated to work only, so as mine is a bedroom im fine.

Best thing to do is check on your council website and see what info you can find out as all councils are different.

Thanks for that. I have a feeling as It's a room full of my old clutter/movie collections that they may think It's already looking like an art room. I may just stay low until I can figure out how much I'd need to work away from home and how much at home.

Why did they need to talk to planning and road? It's not like you were asking to build an extension or something.

I've read up on the rules and as I was self employed before I claimed esa and I'm intending to go back to what I originally did for 20 years but at a vastly reduced hours that I don't need to present a business plan. I hope thats still correct.

I will do, once i have spoke to them tomorrow will post up etc, i had no choice but to go selfmeployed i spent 10 yrs as a senior carer and nvq assessor, but because it wrecked my back when i moved to scotland it was impossible to get a job because of it, so i decided the way forward was self employment.

sadone the questions were, would my business effect how many people came to my flat i said no as it was by appointment only.

and would it make a difference with extra cars etc parking and that was no again and the parking issue was why he got sent out by the boss to check it out

Ok i have finally got through to DWP today ref ESA my 13th week was last friday, i am due a payment this thursday from them, the girl also confirmed this.

I asked if i ended my claim today will you pay me up to the sick note runs out, was told no, she said if i am closeing the claim to ring back on thursday morning, and close the claim then as i would loose money by doing it today.

So on thursday i end my claim for ESA and will claim reutrn to work credit and tax credits, plus job grant, just hope it doesnt take to long to come through.

Ok i have finally got through to DWP today ref ESA my 13th week was last friday, i am due a payment this thursday from them, the girl also confirmed this.

I asked if i ended my claim today will you pay me up to the sick note runs out, was told no, she said if i am closeing the claim to ring back on thursday morning, and close the claim then as i would loose money by doing it today.

So on thursday i end my claim for ESA and will claim reutrn to work credit and tax credits, plus job grant, just hope it doesnt take to long to come through.

Please let us know how you get on. :) As I'm so close to having my medical I'm thinking of still sending off the form and then maybe ending my claim before I get any result back. I need to get onto that advisor first too.

Also let us know about your experience with Tax credits as although I could claim I'm still very wary of doing so.