Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder sparkles2010 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

Default esa and return to work credit

Hi all i am currently on esa my sick note runs out next week.

I have been currently getting ready to go self employed, so as of next week i will end my esa claim, i was due to have a medical last week, my firend had agreed to take but their car had broke down so i couldnt get there.

I rang and rearranged my appointment for today, except yesterday i hurt my back while trying to some work in the garden, i rang first thing this morning to sy i couldnt get to the medical, and was told i was not able to change the appointment and i still had to attend, i informed the girl on the phone i could not even stand up straight let alone attempt several bus journeys and then a walk to the centre.

I am now in a bit of a panic as i was coming off esa next week anyway, but i know i will hear from the esa people as to why i didnt attend the medical, i am worried as once i come of esa i was going to apply for return to work credit as i will have no money until the business gets going.

Would they stop my esa from today?

Would be greatful of any help

Basic Account Holder sadone Novitiate sadone Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2010

Default Re: esa and return to work credit

Bumping this up as nobody seems to have answered you yet.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

They may do, you failed to attend your medical and will have to show good reason for not attending,
    If they do suspend and close then you will not be entitled to your Job Grant HBRO etc etc.
    You will have to give them a ring and see what they say Monday, what a shame you didnt start your self employment last Monday

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

i did think that my claim was up this thursday but when i rang them they said my sick note runs out on the 21st.

i am confused with sick notes, i was first signed off on march 16 th for 4 weeks

then april 13th for 4 weeks

then may 11th for five weeks.

does my claim start from the day i was signed off? when was/is my 13th week incase i have got dates wrong

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative MIKEY DABODEE Highly informative

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Your sick notes ran out 14th June which was your thirteenth week,
    So where is the 21st coming from?

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

i have no idea thats what they told me when i rang them up on thursday to find out when my sick note ended.

Tink i will give them another ring in the morning to find out what is going on, does this mean i may be in the clear and be able to get my return to work credit?

and thanks for your help x

Basic Account Holder suziebear67 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Mar 2011

my oh got return to week credit and his esa claim ended 30th april job began 30th may if this helps he didnt get return to work bonus though

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles2010 View Post
    i have no idea thats what they told me when i rang them up on thursday to find out when my sick note ended.

Tink i will give them another ring in the morning to find out what is going on, does this mean i may be in the clear and be able to get my return to work credit?

and thanks for your help x
    If they are saying you are ok to the 21st and you bring your S/E start date forward to start before the 21st , you will be enitled to it all if its accepted

Cagger since
    Mar 2011

Return to Work Credit is a tax-free payment of 40 per week for people that have, or have had, a health condition or disability.
    It can be payable for up to 52 weeks as long as:
    • your job is expected to last at least five weeks
    • you are working on average over 16 hours a week
    • your gross earnings do not exceed 288.46 per week, or 1,250 per month
    • you are earning at least the National Minimum Wage
    • you have been getting an incapacity benefit for 13 continuous weeks or more
    • you have started work or will be starting work within the five-week period immediately after being entitled to a qualifying benefit

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

ok so would i end my claim say the 20th , the lady i spoke to said i will get my 2week payment on the 21st and to ring back then and end the claim or could i do it from say monday that i went self employed?

Sorry if im confusing you x

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

suzibear thanks for that, i didnt realise there was a return to work bonus, im going self employed

Basic Account Holder sadone Novitiate sadone Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2010

I wonder how long it will take for the first payment to come through?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Suzie Bear good info didnt know you had a five week window to claim the credit

Cagger since
    Mar 2011

well other half got first payment friday for 3 weeks so it must of took that long lol

Cagger since
    Mar 2011

no problem we got a number from jc phoned them answered a few questions she sent form out we filled it in sent it back then got award notice saying it could take 5 weeks before we got any payments might take longer for self employed but just fill it in and see how u get on

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

i was told by a mate that the return to work credit takes about 2 weeks to get sorted and the job grant took a month to come through.

Im still not sure what day to end my claim.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Before you dive in I would ring up and confirm what indeed is your last date of ESA that covered by your sick note first..
    If you are owed benefit you WILL be paid up to the date your sick note covers.
    If you ring up and end your claim they can pay you by FP, same day banking for your last paymrent.

If you are starting full time work you need to start it the day after your med cert runs out , to get job grant and HBRO

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sparkles2010 View Post
    i was told by a mate that the return to work credit takes about 2 weeks to get sorted and the job grant took a month to come through.

Im still not sure what day to end my claim.
    JOB grant is paid the same day you notify the office takes three days to credit

Cagger since
    May 2011
    I am in
    falkirk, scotland

suzibear already got the forms from jobcentre, and my business advisor as signed them so just need to get them in the post on monday morning, also need to ring for tax credits to confirm date of self employment as i have already been in touch with them.

Cagger since
    Mar 2011

job grant should only take 3 days after claim closed or mine did but i did moan because they delayed my last payment on jsa and i said how u expect me to get to work with no money and grnt was in next day lol

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE