• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds Credit Card - PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am new to the forums and wonder if you guys would kindly help me out on afew queries i have

trying to claim possible PPI and charges from my closedLloyds TSB current account and credit card.

I have already written to them and had a response to my initial DataProtection letter.

With this I sent thema cheque for £10.

They have responded with copy bank statements from my currentaccount they haven't however, sent me any information with regard to my creditcard.

Instead have ignored this request, not mentioned it in their responsealthough state that I am welcome to request full SAR.

The cheque I originally sent to them doesn’t seem to have been cashed, butit is a bank holiday and may show up in a few days on my account,

should I sendanother if I do send the full SAR letter?

Could someone tell me if I should now send a SAR or simply reply to theirletter stating that not all of the information requested in my previous letterwas enclosed??

Also,

could anyone tell me with the statements I have received so far from mycurrent account,

if I start going through them and counting up the charges occurred,

should i have a valid reason of hardship to be asking for a refund of these,

(Iwas charged frequently previously, sometimes £200pcm because the previousmonths charges just used to have a knock on effect

with other bills etc and£200pcm was more than a third of my wages. I simply got into a rut).

Also, should I write separately to them about my credit card PPI reclaim

when they do send the details, or wait for this information to come through andmerge the two claims for PPI and charges?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ok, sorry and thank u.

Where is the new thread?

Sorry for sounding thick, the write doesn't seem to allow me to start one.

Not quite sure what Im doing.

. . . Current account and credit card paid off and closed just over 2 yrs ago.

Thx, i will take this to another thread if i knew how.

Sorry for taking someone else's! :-!

You have already posted on your new thread so just stick here for this issue.

Is their 40 days for compliance expired yet?

If so then send the me the "Failed SAR" letter from the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

If the 40 days is not yet up then wait it out until they are. Some data from different accounts may come from different places.

I sent the data request last Monday and the statements were with me by Thursday! Am very impressed by this and am hoping that their response is this quick always.

So u think not to do anything in case something else comes through with regard to the credit card within their 40 day time limit?

Thanks for up help so far.

Should i continue with my claim for charges before the credit card info comes or is it advisable to merge two claims if they are to the same organisation? Sorry, bombardment!

You should wait for the SAR before doing anything on charges or PPI claims.

When you have ALL the relevant data you will be better positioned to calculate your claim amount.

In the meantime do some reading around the bank and PPI forums to get up to speed on what will be involved.

PPI claims and charges claims are two separate issues.

I didn't send the sar template letter, simply a data request.

They have invited me to do so and think i will wait this out as u advise and then send the official sar if i have no further correspondence.

Thanks so much

Yes under the data protection act 1998.

I just took a template from Martins money saving website,

which, by the way,

directed me to this site for further advice, and its fab.

I of course want this process to be as quick as possible and wonder now whether i should send the standard sar letter omiting the £10 fee i have already sent to them,

rather than wait the 40 days and find i have to send it anyway.

It can't really do any harm i guess as if there is other data that's coming from another dept,

that should really cross with my letter if its on its way to me? ?

You could send a letter thanking them for the data provided thus far and saying that you look forward to receiving the rest of your data within the 40 days allowed

Hi,

I have today drafted up a letter asking for the remaining documentation, many thanks for this idea IMS21. i will post after the BH and hopefully receive a response as quick as the last.

In the meantime i thought i'd start going through the current account bank statements and calculating what charges i may be able to reclaim. I was charged a lot over the years i banked with them (more and more charges seemed to have a knock on effect every month although i haven't yet gained a total). However, i have been charged for three seperate things on a regular basis. The majority of the charges are for going over my over draft limit (which i pressume these are the most common charges claimed for), but i have been charged a number of "overcharge interest", "overdraft excess fees" "returned DD fees" and "returned cheque fees" too. As these they will see as my fault for going overdrawn so often, can i try to reclaim all four types of charges or just the charges for overdraft excess fees" that the media are staitng were unlawful?? Also, they have sent me bank statements dated between Sept 2001 and when i closed the account in July 2010, can i request the statements that go back further than 2001? They state in their letter "Details of when records have been deleted or disposed of do not consistute personal data and we are not oblidged to keep a record of this. All paperwork that contains personal data is disposed of in a secure manner". They do invite me to write to a different address for full SAR, which i have done today in my further letter. Does any one know, will they send statements from further back with this or are all details destroyed with no recall possible after so many years? I am under the impression that personal and financial data is always disposed of after 6 years but of course they have already sent to me statements dating back from 2001!?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I can then start to draft up my letter to them pending further documentation from them, then start fighting my case.

Thanks.

Hi

On a current account the only chance of getting the charges back is through a hardship claim or by using BCOBS which cam into effect late 2009. The Supreme Court ruling effectively put a stop on reclaiming bank current account charges although loans and credit cards are still up for grabs.

Although the banks will tell you that they do not hold data beyond six years, we know that they do hold data further back than that and some members who have pushed for their data have got it going back much further.

See what comes back from your full SAR and take it from there.

ims

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have received documentation back from Lloyds which gives me all my credit card statements bar a few they admit to not being able to find that cover about one month. They haven't however, sent me the original agreement so i can find out if i had PPI. Should write to them now asking for a refund of the bank and credit card charges or do you think wait to see if i receive and find out whether i paid PPI and put a one collective claim in one letter?

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Jhaven't poslted for while as have not yet got round to writing to Lloyds since they sent all statements from my credit card andc urrent account. I am going to be claiming purely for a refund of bank charges, overdraft additional charges and have come to a halt as to what to do next due to the time lapse.

I've read back through this thread to refresh my memory, and thanks for the advice so far IMS. However, just looking for some further advice.

Do i have to go through all of the 6 years accounts and simply write a "list" stating the transactions that incurred charges, that i feel i should be reimbursed for and the reason why i feel this (individiual reasons fo each?). Then of course stating my hardship case? Or is there some sort of template table i can use to list the charges then simply write a covering letter setting out the main reason why i think i should be reimbursed?

Thanks in advance.

Also, i am goin to try to reclaim the charges from my current account and my credit card account. SHould i merge these two claim and make them one or calculate my claims and claim and write seperately for them?